Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
^^ incubation times for the common food borne illnesses start around 24 hours, so if it already feels a lil off, either the type of food disagrees with you or you are in for an absolute motherfucker of a week.

For everyone's future reference, if you take your dog to the vet and they say it has sarcoptic mange, it has Scabies. And so does your whole family, now.

Most expensive dumpster puppy on the drat planet.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I absolutely refuse to buy anything with a cvt specifically because they all either seem to be made of glass or do the fake gearing thing poorly.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
QC - you are a fantastic human bean, and at this point you don't owe your parents anything. Dealing with the loss of a sibling is a terrible thing, regardless of how close you were. If you ever need to talk my pms are open.

You I am - I'm sorry to hear that you lost your aunt. I hope she had a good quality of life up until the end. I lost a close family friend myself a few days ago. The pm offer is open to you too.

This year is already shaping up to be 2018 part 2: electric loving gently caress you Boogaloo.

It's 60 out and drizzly, I spent about an hour running around town grip testing in my fiesta st. Conclusion: life is tire spin and wheel hop. :getin:

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 20, 2019

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
When it rains, it loving pours on this forum it seems. You ok?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Dagen H posted:

Condolences QC, You Am I, and Rhyno

I've got a new word:

To cut our budget just a hair while retaining the convenience, I recently bought generic tide pods from Sam's club. I then went on a washing spree getting rid of every speck of dirty anything, and washing all the blankets in the house.

Turns out I'm severely allergic to this loving detergent and have been wheezing and popping benadryl for the last 3 hours.

That's a good word.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

meatpimp posted:

I like stringing them along and getting to the credit card number. I give them a legit first 8 of 4121 8653, which comes up in their system as a high-end Chase card, then in cadence some-random-four-numbers then go-gently caress-your-self at the end. Then I hang up. I've had them call back really, really mad. :shrug:

This seems pertinent to the discussion at hand. James veitch is a tenacious man, and has many videos like this.

https://youtu.be/beb8zCGMsbI

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Better than cranking the pressure to max and instantly thwapping your uvula hard enough you insta vomit like I did my first time

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol Jesus I’m wondering how that’s even possible but I’m not gonna try. My eyeball still hurts dammit.

I tried to use my tongue as a pressure gauge before I put it to my stupidly sensitive gums, but I somehow missed my tongue.

That waterpik has a lot more power behind it than you think.

E:

The Prong Song posted:

When I moved state-to-state, years back, I cancelled my Verizon tri-pack service over the phone. A year later I get a phone call from Verizon, asking me if it's OK to transfer my service to the new resident.

I said, "Transfer? What do you mean, transfer?"

Yeah, they tried to charge me for 11 months of service at an address I'd moved out of, after canceling the service a month before I left and turning the equipment in. After much back-and-forth and paperwork-showing their best, GRACIOUS offer was to reduce the something-like-$1600-in-bill-and-late-fees to just under a grand. I ended up just telling 'em to gently caress off and to send it to a collection agency because they wouldn't budge. My credit rating took a hit but frankly, gently caress 'em.

When I left Philadelphia, the cable bill was in my name. I called and canceled, got a confirmation, etc.

My ex then called them the day they cut off service and got it reinstated in my name somehow. Thank God I switched banks the second I got to Virginia, or she'd have figured out how to wrangle automatic payments and make me pay for it instead of it just hitting my credit.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 25, 2019

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Much like people using the actual bristles of the electric toothbrush to attempt to get off for the first time, I'm sure it's happened and I'm sure they regretted it instantly.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I am genuinely surprised they didn't set it for 13 days, just so they wouldn't have to write a check for the people that are working without pay

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
It's more correct to say that was part of the exhaust valve, imo

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
So our washer died around two week ago, and we ordered a whole new set through lowes.

They missed the delivery window and rescheduled for the next week without informing me at all. Still haven't gotten it. gently caress xpo logistics.

We finally ran out of clothes and sheets/blankets (Thank you puppy who still hasn't gotten the potty training thing just right).

Ended up finding a wash/fold service laundromat that was a whole 50c a load more expensive to have them do.

For the princely sum of 5.50 more than spending all day washing it myself at a laundromat we've got perfectly folded and pressed clothes for weeks.

If we made slightly more money I'd return the washer and dryer because drat it took these fuckers four hours to do what it would take me three days to do.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I dislocated the gently caress out of my finger from getting my ring caught on a ladder two weeks into being married.

We ended up getting ring tattoos since we are both in ems and now I just keep my ring on my keys.

I met my girlfriend's new boyfriend today and let me tell you it was fun as hell. Felt like I knew him for a long time, same interests and the same humor. I am now extra jazzed that she's moving in soon, I'll have another idiot around the house occasionally to bounce bad ideas off of.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

ilkhan posted:

I... what?

My wife and I each have a long term boyfriend / girlfriend or two. We don't really date outside of that. My wife and my girlfriend are besties, and they decided that she should move in with us.

The girlfriend in question has a really hard time actually dating anyone other than me because dudes are boring and bad at conversation. She found someone a few weeks ago and I just met him. He's pretty cool and I'm glad she's dating him.

E:

Rhyno posted:

I have one couple friends that are poly and their marriage is doomed. He was into it at the beginning but now she's just banging every dude she can and he just wants her and nobody else. It's really sad to watch.

This happens to a lot of people in the poly community. There's a whole host of reasons, but the meat of the problem is that there's not enough communication, there's mismatched expectations, or someone is a giant rear end in a top hat.

It sounds like your friends need to shut things down and spend some time with a therapist. If he's making it known that he's really unhappy with the situation and she's still forging ahead that speaks of bigger problems than poly bullshit.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 30, 2019

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Honestly it feels a lot easier at times. There's more people to share the emotional load with when things go bad. More people to help out around the house, more people for board game nights even if you don't feel like rounding people up.

And when things go good, there's more people to share the load with. :heysexy:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

Poly relationships are great because either they work out, and you can be happy for all those involved in it, or they end up in a very public meltdown and you can enjoy the fireworks.

I loving love reading the drama

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats exactly how most relationships should work actually. Its not about physical or as an object its about living life together. That should and does take a lot of time and energy even if you are having a long distance one like mine is right now.

Two of the right people feels like so much less work than one of the wrong people. This relationship thing we've all got going is a literal joy 95% of the time, and the other 5% is a heart to heart we all come out of feeling good.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
^^ Every. God. drat. Winter. Nothing else behind the wheel angers me like things like that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Please note, I am not being critical of you when I said that. If you can make a poly relationship work, that's actually pretty awesome.

Yeah given the wreckage of my last relationship that was completely wrong from the get out that I stuck with because *reasons* that statement I can completely comprehend

Oh no, I didn't take offense at all. , I was just remarking on the relative ease in comparison to my other relationships, both mono and poly. *reasons* gently caress up a lot of things for a long time, I'm right there with you.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
128kbps mp3s are perfect for listening with my sennheiser he 1 as long as i tune my desk with sound crystals

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
its a good setup im feeding it with a ps1 and i used nero to burn the cds, its xp vintage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I am so sorry to hear that. Give that good boy a whole bag of chicken tenders and a jar of pb if you end up having to make the hard decision.

If you do, remind yourself as much as you can that it's better than suffering. I'm always around to talk if you want.