Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Happy New year. We just moved into our house

Rad, bout drat time.

My diff will not see 2019. drat G80s...

Happy New Gear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

-30/-35c stuff is more common here in the west, but we had a new driver demand that we give him -40 fluid or he wouldn't drive the truck.
In spite of the washer reservoir being 9" from the exhaust manifold and the trucks having a 'never gets cold' automatic idle cycling program, we have more problems with the poo poo boiling off, crystallizing in the lines and clogging the nozzles than anything else. He eventually called our fluid acceptable but he didn't last long anyway.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fermented Tinal posted:

Credit card or similar works in a pinch.

Yeah but you can also use a CD

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Dagen H posted:

Lol physical media, amirite

Joking aside, I still use em too. My library is >300gb as mp3s so it won't all fit on my phone, hard drives fail all the drat time, there doesn't exist a streaming service that does what I want (also Canadian cell data $$$), downloads aren't worth the infections these days and vinyl is a little impractical and expensive as gently caress (though I have a turntable and a few albums, the quality isn't worth the 3x price unless it's an album I have strong feelings about).

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Well clearly they're programming them to granny shift, instead of double clutching like you should

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

And besides, automatics peaked with the Aisin A340E. Since the early nineties they've been getting so much worse that by 2029 we'll be back to the Powerglide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I just like using turntables.

Also, getting entire albums for $.50~1 is pretty good too if you're not into stealing music.

Vinyl boomed here pretty hard so anything in a genre I'm into (or rather, not polka, gospel or third rate boomer rock-n-roll) is hard to find below $15 an album used/$30-60 new. And though it's a treat that new vinyl is easily accessible I pmuch only have a few favorites and everything else is on CD (and ripped to high-bitrate mp3, used to use flac but it was filling phone SDs too fast)
I get most of my CDs for $1-5 at 2nd hand music shops and thrift stores tho so it still kind of owns