Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fridge corn posted:

I stopped watching black mirror after it crawled up it's own arse

Black Mirror is the Banksy of TV shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

I don't weigh myself, I regard it as a largely useless metric unless you're in some form of sport/competition that has weight classes.

Very true, weighing yourself leads to this obsession over slight fluctuations in the numbers when you can easily vary day to day just on water weight alone by something like 5lbs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I tend to go by how my clothes fit now vs recently... I find a measuring tape and the aforementioned calipers a better indicator than weight. The only real fat I have is on my midsection but I'm honestly enjoying eating whatever, whenever so unless I feel the need to look particularly fantastic for speedo season, I'm good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

tetrapyloctomy posted:

and most times people have at least one subject about which they are not stupid.

This is how I manage to keep a job in a place where people can have the brightest mind in the country about poo poo like black holes but not know how a touchscreen works despite it saying "press here to start". I'll allow it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Queen Combat posted:

Do you own any old CDs? Because if so, BAM! Ice scraper.

I use the CD case because that poo poo is stiffer. I can't remember where my CDs are since I moved house though and the only CDs in my main car are cardboard cased... Must remember to grab the Bowie CD from the other car if only to scrape with it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

Powershift is checking out european hearses BESTATTUNGSWAGENS for some reason

*ahem*

:allears:

Owned by this guy; https://www.instagram.com/jokimbele/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Darchangel posted:

They make a metal version for real men. The plastic one is the "hobbyist and home" version - clearly not for us.

Considering the price of the things they should all be metal.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

keykey posted:

So true.

The only major issue we've had so far is many years ago when my wife and I had ferrets, one of them had parvo. That was a nice $1,500 vet bill.

Ah do they count as exotic animals where you are too? I had two of them. Both needed treatment. RIP my bank account.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1085159285208858624

hamberders

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If it makes anyone feel better, Theresa May's defeat this evening is historic in that it's the single biggest defeat in the past 100 years in Westminster. This following on from the government being found in contempt of parliament a mere month ago for not publishing full brexit legal advice.

GRATE BRITAN

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

FAO: CAT INTERCEPTOR (and anyone else who's seen the previous 2 of these rad as gently caress films)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsSPMDe_YWY

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Love the Morpheus cameo :v:

He was in the last one too

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 17, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh man I don't think I've seen 2 then, gonna have to correct that :)

I'm quite jealous of the fact you're going to see it for the first time. It's preeeeeeeetty good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bajaha posted:

Fantastic action movies but my god they could have at least put in more than a token effort to get the Russian right. My wife always points it out when we watch that the subtitles don't match what they're actually saying, atrocious pronunciation, and just WTF with the whole babajaga = bogeyman, better translation is old witch and the whole song he sings is a kids lullabie and not some scary tale :argh:

Haha, that's what happens when you get a Swedish actor to speak English with a Russian accent...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

keykey posted:

I need to get on watching that series. Was it written in a way that the first was a complete movie and after they found out it was bankable they decided to trilogy it and that's where the 2nd falls short?

Eh, not really. It was a complete story in the way that any story where you don't kill off the entire cast at the end or blow up the universe is ever 'complete'. The way they tease the whole underworld thing is great and that was definitely something I was interested in seeing more of, trying to understand how it all works etc and that was basically the second film...

The first is a really lean story, it only has the absolute basic of motivations and that just means it gets on with things and is pretty much just a 90 minute orgy of ruthlessly efficient murder which you're totally on board with...

They wrote it, filmed it, edited and were then surprised it was actually a great movie which was so well received.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Gonna try starting the Fit again today when the temperature has been above freezing for a while, but I don't have high hopes. I'm pissed, but a starter shouldn't be super-expensive. Hopefully it's not electrical gremlins or, again, something insanely stupid like someone topped off the radiator with water at an oil change or something.

I forget if you've mentioned this but are you sure it's the starter? My GS started acting up when it got colder and it wouldn't click over so I ordered a new starter. It's not the starter but rather a tired old battery (poo poo battery).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

If you've got a known battery, give it a shot with that. Even with jumper cables off a decent battery mine still clicked away. Couldn't manouvre a running car to it due to where it was parked annoyingly. Worth 15 minutes of your time to test.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DNS server system has gone tits up at work so that's like 5k+ people affected here today not including the students. Whoops. Those with non-managed machines can get around it by just using Google's DNS but staff machines are managed because staff don't need access to break things more than they already do.

Sadly the phones haven't broken so I'm answering a call every minute or so about the issue. :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I couldn't tell ya, but I can say that the thing started up yesterday and today. So when it warmed up a bit the car started. I mean, it was nine loving degrees outside when it didn't start. Still, gonna have to check the battery and the starter, but no big deal, it's time for the regular inspection anyway.

quote:

According to AAA's Automotive Research Center, at 0°F, a car's battery loses about 60 percent of its strength and at 32°F it loses 35 percent. During cold temperatures starting an engine can take up to twice as much current as needed under normal conditions.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Honestly unless you plan on scratching, you might want to just consider a DJ controller. I have a Numark NS6 II that I like very much. They're more powerful than a DVS setup even with a nice integrated Serato enabled mixer, and you'll probably wind up spending a lot less.

Having bought a controller (DDJ-SX) years ago I can honestly say that Serato is poor software. In the DJ thread I've moaned about the various issues I've encountered with it since I started using it to the point where the next controller I get won't be Serato controlled. Garbage-rear end software.

The controller itself and the concept of them however is great because gently caress paying £6k just to get more than 4 hot cues and a few effects on CDJs and a DJM... Looking forward to more standalone ones coming out.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

from that link I found this and it owns. Modern houses are so loving ugly and dumb and beige.

https://mymodernmet.com/modern-dream-house/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

The only Dyson product I've ever liked was the Airblade V and that's because it's a hand dryer so powerful it almost hurts to use. An adequate substitute for paper towels.

Give me paper towels all fuckin' day. Let me just run my hands through a dyson dryer 2/3 times because my hairy paws are still damp and deafen myself in the process. Those things are insanely loud at a frequency that just annihilates my ears, they're at an spl level where if it was a factory work environment you'd have to wear hearing protection. In a busy toilet where there's a bunch of them? gently caress your hearing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

You guys get your panties in a bunch over the weirdest things.

it's a nice distraction from the garbage fire that is reality in general.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Noice. posturmixes

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

It's not my thing, but I relate it to listening to vinyl versus digital music. There's more physical involvement and it's a different flavor.

Difference being film is still a fantastic medium for quality purposes whereas vinyl is a bit poo poo. There are people who will claim it's the be-all and end-all of formats but the industry refers to those people as; idiots.

(I understand you're talking about the experience but I will use any chance to dunk on vinyl purists).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Humphreys posted:

I posted the doggo in one of these chat threads a while ago. Apparently he has a tumor in his jaw (well 95% sure according to vet). It's super aggressive in how it just puffed his face out. Time to get into my headspace that my boy might not be around next week.

As a pup 15 years ago:

Maybe last year:

Yesterday:

I'll be looking for a rescue for sure but in time.

When I moved into my last rented place on a quiet street there was a dog up the road. Whenever I used to walk to the shops he'd be sat outside in the sunshine just perched on a pillow soaking up all the rays, he had a growth on his jaw too, quite a big one. My sweet poorly sick boy... He hung around for a good while, didn't seemed all too bothered by it, just wanted to be outside in the sun where he'd get attention from the odd passerby. I miss him and he wasn't even mine. Sorry dude.