Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Congratulations! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Wellp, after two years I'm probably selling my FR-S. Nine hundred a month (:canada:) including loan, insurance, parking, and gas isn't worth it when I can take a bus and a train and walk fifteen minutes for a grand total of half an hour extra and five dollars a day.

Sucks, but apparently car ownership costs in Vancouver got a lot worse since I was last here...

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

64bit_Dophins posted:

I was looking into buying a used FR-S not long ago until I heard how bad on gas they are :(

Yeah. 9L/100km on the highway is about what you'll get out of one, and that's sucking down 91.

Thankfully I've only got 14k on the loan and the dealership I bought it from might be interested in buying it for the balance. Technically I'll lose money on it because I put a decent down payment when I bought it but on the other hand... Almost an extra thousand dollars a month? That's almost my rent.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

64bit_Dophins posted:

A new/pre-owned brz/fr-s is first big boi job with no kids money.

Hahaha, yeah, that's exactly what led me to buy one. Oops.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

slidebite posted:

Not showing up for work, horrendous lineups or outright closures... that kind of thing.

All four in the lower mainland are still open and have the standard wait times heading into the US right now. I think they've funded Homeland Security enough to keep CBP open. No idea if they're getting paid though.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

angryrobots posted:

If Obama pulled a stunt like this, it would have been an actual cookout with Barack wearing a "kiss the cook" apron while he manned a regular old charcoal grill, probably smoking a cigar.

And that would have been awesome.

My new life goal is to grill burgers with Barry O. Thanks.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

I think the new Supra looks like a BRZ as designed by Chevrolet Performance, which doesn't really do it for me. I'm just happy that it has a straight 6 in it, even if it's not a Toyota engine
More to your point, the car is also more expensive my yearly pre-tax income, so my opinion on the car carries as much weight as my dog's opinion does :v:

Same. If its MSRP in Freedom Units is $50k, then it'll be $70k up here. At that point you can get a lot more car for that money. Hell, you can get a well maintained first gen NSX for that here.

I'm really not sure who the new Supra is marketed for.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

We're only a 120-person shop so our HR is one person who's not even a full-time employee but rather an HR contractor.

She's helpful, and pleasant, but I still don't want to ever have to deal with HR for any kind of Serious Personal Business because of all the horror stories I've heard. I'd hope that the contractor thing would disconnect her from any "corporate loyalty" bullshit, but... eehhhhhh.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The only Dyson product I've ever liked was the Airblade V and that's because it's a hand dryer so powerful it almost hurts to use. An adequate substitute for paper towels.

Vacuumchat is good and useful to me right now. I've been using crap vacuums that only last a year or so at most and now I've got a place that's actually sizeable so I guess it's time for a vacuum that doesn't suck (or, I guess, *does* suck).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Shut up Meg posted:

What confuses me about poly relationships is the logistics.

Like, if you are a threesome, being in the back when you do a long journey has got to be a bit of snub. Do you draw up a rota of who sits in the front and who sits in the back? Is it defined on a calendar basis or is there a points system: 3 trips to Walmart the back alone = 1 trip as shotgun to a music festival. Do you perform a Chinese fire drill at every 4th stop light?

Bench seats.