Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I celebrated the new year by putting a roof rack on my wagon in the dark. Is this what getting old is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I celebrated by continuing to reorganize the garage. So yeah.

Im kinda ok with it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd say the only real downsides of it (that I have experienced) are that ALL of the mirrors are very small so blindspot mirrors are basically required and they really do not like to sit, you will go through DEF parts because the urea will crystallize in the system. The throttle is kind of weird from a stop if you don't run it in sport mode all the time, also.

It also takes 0w-30 euro diesel oil iirc, which should be fun to find. And like 8-9 quarts of it. $100 diy oil changes hoooooo.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

Not really different price wise for any modern Porsche or BMW :v:

Eh, gold bottle castrol edge full synthetic is usually a couple bucks more spendy through us than the normal black bottle stuff. We're also one of the only places in town that stocks it outside of a dealership. Mostly its just entertaining watching someone go "wait, you have 0-30 euro diesel spec oil? Give me all you have."

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dagen H posted:

Central Florida goons: tell me about Polk County.

Flee, flee and never look back.

The florida thread has a ton of central florida goons. Beware of naked chefs though. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032523&pagenumber=462&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

rdb posted:

So I had a dilemma. This story involves killing animals so skip over it if that bothers you.

A skunk fell into our well pump pit. Its a 3’ wide concrete tube thats 6’ deep. Its cover broke in three pieces long ago so its kinda open to the elements. The well and pump supplied water to the barn before we had city water run from the house, so its not in use.

How does one remove a skunk? There are no wildlife removal companies in the area. I have a wide variety of tools. I don’t want to get sprayed. No way am I getting down in that pit.

I thought about shooting it. But shooting into concrete is risky. I decided to take that risk and busted out my trusty .22 and a subsonic round. I got a clean head shot on it using the old well pressure tank as a backstop. I told my wife where the fishing net was and she got it out. Its her barn and animals anyways. No one got sprayed.

Until the neighbors pit bull found the dead skunk. He must have brought it back to their house because I can smell it and hear the yelling. Maybe now they will chain him up. And feed him so he’s not stealing our horse feed and cat food. Or killing goat kids.

Your neighbors are assholes. You took the reasonable option.