Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Congrats!

I've been engaged since 2016 but the wedding has now gone from next year to this month :derp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

cakesmith handyman posted:

Get the flu, I weigh 3kg less now than before Christmas.

don't get the flu

I did this at the start of last year.
It's not a recommended weight loss plan by your local GP

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

My mum used to make me run outside with boiling water and pour it on the windows.
Somehow we always got away with it.

I have an ice scraper with a foam bit on one side. I was feeling impatient whilst the inside was misted once so I decided to use it despite knowing better and now have lots of lovely streaks every time the sun hits at just the right angle.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

keykey posted:

Darchangel hit the nail on the head. When the internet first hit our area, it was 1994, at the time access was considered a "subscription" and not a "service" and certainly not anywhere near "human right" territory. I had just started going to our local JC and was working part-time, probably making somewhere around $500 a month and still living at home. Then a friend of mine told me about a world-wide sort of connected bbs system. We went down and plunked down $100 for a startup fee and $180 a month for 40 hours of internet access ($4.50/hr). Everything at that time was essentially measured/spared for when we got to use our online time and we didn't use it unless we either had hours to spare or really needed to. The startup was 1/2 my monthly take-home but completely worth it because of the amount of instantly available information. The next month I upgraded to a 28.8 modem which made things 2x faster so I could maximize my internet time/money/output. Then the price dropped in Jan 95 to $150, around the middle of the year it became unlimited hours and I thought, "OH MAN! THAT'S AWESOME!" Then the "everyday" person started getting on around 99 which was great because more people to share ideas with and learn from. Then the real everyday people started using it and it turned into what it is today. Times used to be simpler, man.

A current example is probably how the :10bux: entry to here means people value their accounts more than other places -ish

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Got myself a deglover today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

slothrop posted:

Congrats! Where’s are you headed for the honeymoon?

Minimoon in Edinburgh this weekend then Italy in summer