Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

New Project Binky and LGR Thrift videos on Youtube. A good way to start 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Went for a walk after work around some forest trails near my place and came across this lad:

It was happily munching on ants, and didn't care I was there. But then again you don't want to mess with an echidna

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I want to buy a Mitsubishi Sigma and turn it into a drift/burnouts pig

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Humphreys posted:

Well dammit, now I do to!

They are cheap compared to the Coronas which seem to be popular with the drifting crowd these days.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm9oLzLwwDs

Dont think they would make good drift cars but burnout pig? Absolutly!

There is so much room in the engine bay of a Sigma, I've been watching a series of videos where a dude is playing around with a GH, and it is cavernous

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

keykey posted:

Is there any actual percentage of how BMW the new Supra is?

Very high, all the drive train is BMW, including motor. Not sure on interior parts.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

I'm not sure that's a bad thing, the BMW turbo 6s have a lot of tuning potential in them, I'm not sure Toyota have anything on hand that would be more appropriate for a new Supra.
BMW's lovely cooling systems mean at least in Australia you see plenty of them on the side of the road with the bonnet up during summer.

I guess one advantage is that there are far more Toyota dealerships than BMW.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Good luck UK goons. Looks like it's gonna be full train wreck Brexit

:rip: Britannia

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, the second Wick wasn't anywhere near as good as the first, but I think it was due to the first movie being so surprisingly awesome, rather than anything letting down the second one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

My father and I discussed this recentlym while I'd rather he love another 30 years we did need to hash some stuff out and I found out he'd forgotten to take his ex out of his will so I'm glad we found that out now. I'm sure my brother who made an rear end of himself at my wedding will demand a cut of anything dad leaves despite publicly stating how much he hates our father and wishing I'll upon him.

It's good to see you are able to sit down and discuss stuff like that with your dad. My dad would refuse to talk about this with me, now he's pretty much a shadow of himself in a nursing home where his dementia is that bad he doesn't recognise anything since his days on his family's farm.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That's a horrible family situation there QC. Sadly it looks like your sister wasn't going to slow down, god only knows what therapy could have done to save her situation.

I have just got news today that one of my aunts has passed away at the age of 91.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wrar posted:

Sucks. Were you close at all? 91 is a pretty good run, though.

Not hugely close. She was well known for having an acid tongue, but never used it against me as she appreciated what I did for my dad when his Alzheimer's got bad. Her husband is still alive - 94 - so people are a bit worried about how he'll handle things.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Grakkus posted:

Phones too. It feels like a purely anti-consumer move.

I remember being baffled by my friend's mac in the mid-2000s and how if it froze, he had to wait until the batteries died because there was no way to pull the battery. Now everything is headed in that direction..

Mid-2000s MacBooks/PowerBooks still had removable batteries. It was the second gen unibody Macs that's where things changed, and they came out around 2010.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Commodore signed crazy deals with all kinds of CRT manufacturers because I think their Japanese/European sales guys got bored and had no oversight whatsoever. JVC made the 1701/1702 (maybe a holdover from some work on the VIC-20), and I think Philips made the 1084.

It is sort of funny how many corners they cut on the actual computer, but the high-margin peripherals are primo.

I love my 1702 but it needs some work, maybe even a recap.

Daewoo made some 1084s, usually given the model of 1084D

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

meatpimp posted:

I'm too lazy, but someone should shop Trump's face on this image and get to be internet famous.

No, because Captain Caveman is cool, Trump isn't

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

To all Aussie AIers:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Humphreys posted:

Booo! Anyone who like the AU Falcon should be shot!
The AU was misunderstood and was the platform for one of the best Falcons, the BA