Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
2018 was incredibly emotionally draining and expensive. To cap it off, I lost my wallet somewhere in/between Miami International Airport and my house on Sunday.

I also was sick a bunch.

Anyway I hope 2019 is a big improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Is anyone else planning on going to Sandblast Rally in northern SC this year? I made a thread because there are several goons in the Carolinas who also like cars.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879186

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

slurry_curry posted:

It seems very un-AI, and young me would hate me for even considering it, but I kinda want a convertible e46 m3, and worse of all, with the SMG transmission. Since I got rid of my miata, I kinda miss having a convertible for the summer, and my wife loved the convertible part of it, but hated getting in and out of it. I don't plan on tracking it or anything like that, so it would stay pretty much stock. And its new/safe enough with a backseat, so I can haul the kid around if needed. Having the SMG would make it more pleasant to drive in the horrible traffic that is pretty much 24x7 in seattle now and still be enough fun on backroads. I need to do more research about the failure methods, but I feel like its something I can deal with.

Get an e93 instead. You can get one with an N54 and a better automatic.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
^same

QC it's entirely up to you. If you feel like going, put the offer out that if they want you there they can pay for a ticket to get you there since you are of limited financial means right now.

If you don't want to go or to deal with any of the in person drama you can always decline.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

You Am I posted:

That's a horrible family situation there QC. Sadly it looks like your sister wasn't going to slow down, god only knows what therapy could have done to save her situation.

I have just got news today that one of my aunts has passed away at the age of 91.

Sucks. Were you close at all? 91 is a pretty good run, though.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Annoybot, check brand agnostic road racing forums. They'll have much better info if they have it.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I lived in Seminole county, which is just North of Orange. It was not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Um...yeah. When I did installs it was all new construction and it was still a tremendous pain in the rear end, I can't imagine doing a retrofit, even if someone would be willing to do it the cost would be way more than it's worth and your house would be torn to poo poo.

For a first floor only setup if the whole house is on a crawl space it wouldn't be too terrible maybe?