Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I have the urge to say 2018 sucked, but overall I think it was alright. Anything I'd perceive as bad is a result of my own doing. I'm sure I'll have a different reflection once I'm more clear headed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

MomJeans420 posted:

That's a very high pit bull who is just awake enough to know that she really wants sushi. knows that this town ain't big enough for the two of ya :clint:

Fixed.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

meltie posted:

Have you lot seen the tite-reach?

https://i.imgur.com/lFdr93T.gifv

This looks flipping useful.

1:1 gear ratio, pretty slim profile. That looks useful as hell.
http://www.tite-reach.com/

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I can't get the link to work but there's a whole thread in goons with spoons.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Yes, 2+ days are no problem. Good rice cookers can easily keep it warm/fresh for many days. They are specifically made to do so.

Maaaaan I'd eat so much more rice that way. I already use my cheapie rice cooker all the time, but if I can have hot-n-ready rice on demand? gently caress

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Queen Combat posted:

but now my parents have contacted me to ask if I could come up next weekend for the funeral.

Not be callous, but, uh, loving why? They didn't want any contact before, were unsupportive through all the stuff with your transition, and just everything. Now they're all begging for contact? gently caress 'em.

I may be extra bitter about this, though. My wife and I can't have kids and we're looking at adoption, and seeing people mistreat their own kids now really pisses me the gently caress off. Not that it didn't before, but now it has a whole other level to it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I think that's the first film I've seen where the bad guys realize that when the good guy shoots through their cover, they, too, can shoot through their cover.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
3:30 in the drat morning and the neighbors on the other side of our duplex and screaming and fighting. Sounded like someone was either coked out of their mind or being murdered or someone had a bad trip and OD'd.

Called the cops. Cops knocked on their door for like ten minutes, and I think they talked to them, but I'm not 100% sure. Things got much quieter after that.

I couldn't fall back asleep until 5ish, and now I'm all anxious about a confrontation when they figure out we called the cops. But, gently caress em for sounding like they were about to murder each other.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Queen Combat posted:

Oh, oh. I've listened to the first record. They're prime for sampling/vaporwave/DJ'ing. There are some nice clips in there, along with serious-but-sometimes-cheesy narration that is ripe for the picking.

Your setup is also fresh and/or dope.

Please do... I unironically (and perhaps unfortunately) have an addiction to all that synthwave/chillwave/dark synth/whatever mess. It makes writing my dissertation easier - drowns out all other noise and helps me focus.

Car stuff: It's cold as poo poo and I don't have heat in my truck. It's been like this for years and I have no one but myself to blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Liquid Communism posted:

Streamlight stylus pro is my go-to. Cheap, durable, and bright as gently caress.

Both my brothers-in-law use them, and they have rechargeable models that work great. I bought one of these that's about half the size and comparable brightness. Runs off of one AAA battery and is plenty bright for drat near anything; we've worked on plenty of cars in the dark with these lights. Mine is five? maybe six? years old and is still going strong.