Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Happy New Year, AI. This is the least drunk I've been at 1:30 AM on New Year's Day in at least 10 years, guess I'm getting old. Feels good, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

My dad just got married and is in the process of consolidating households with his new wife and offered me pretty much whatever furniture I wanted from his place. I scored a pretty neat coffee table and end table and 8 piece dining set. He also threw in a Miele canister vacuum he said he didn't need which slays cleaning floors.

Our house is tiny and the dining set is complete overkill but it will come in handy when we host game nights I guess.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

STR posted:

Entering my second week with an ear infection and sinus infection and just overall poo poo feeling. Went to an urgent care place today, instead of CVS's Minute Clinic.

Instead of another round of amox, they threw a z pack at me, some kind of steroid (in-office), tessalon perles (meh), and codeine cough syrup. The ear infection was still there, sinus infection obviously still there. A bit miffed when I found out my insurance wouldn't cover the cough syrup (my copay on generic is $1, retail on it was $18), but I found a coupon on goodrx.com that brought it down to $8 and change.

That's your daily STR update.

hell yeah get ya lean on

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

It's super weird how all the people with the non-trashbag opinions on life, politics, and how to treat other people have no problem discussing those topics.

And then there's a whole other side that, weirdly, finds it repellent to have to read mean words written about the things the party they support does.

But I mean, both sides amirite

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sorry to hear all that QC but if your folks want to choose their lovely politics over their daughter then gently caress them.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've never used a Roomba or any robot vacuum brand but this Miele I was gifted kicks rear end. Vacuumed the whole house every weekend and the bag indicator isn't even half full; I'm never going back to bagless again. Also the airflow is off the chain like it can pull cobwebs in from like 6" away.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Queen Combat posted:

If I ever build my own house, or get a nice one to retrofit, I want the most powerful central vac system ever created.

I read this and imagined a central vac designed around a GE J79. Aim high.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

great contender for McMansion hell.

Also lol at the idea a 6 bedroom 7 bath house looks like a "standard suburban residence" and not an ostentatious display of wealth.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

gently caress those tacos look good

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Queen Combat posted:

You can pack a bag right up tight, and if you buy in bulk bags are like $0.25-1.00 each, which can be nothing the grand scheme of things, about the same monthly cost or less than trash bags, owing to how much longer and more full they last. Don't be fooled into thinking "well, I have to dump the canister every time I use it, so that would be a bag each time." Nah, nah. It's like 8 canister dumps per standard Miele upright bag capacity, or 15-20 bagless empties per canister vac bag.

Yeah sometime in the late 90s the vacuum cleaner industry convinced people that bagless was the way to go and they're terrible. Dumping out the dust is messy, they all lose suction when they get full (despite what Dyson will tell you) and you still have to replace filters periodically anyway. Dysons and Sharks are terrible.

On the other end of the scale I have a coworker who paid 1800 for a brand new Kirby with all the attachments and extras from a door-to-door salesperson. He's financing it. For four years. Don't do that.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I bought the PC remaster of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter on a whim because that was one of my favorite games in the N64 era. It actually holds up fairly decently for a shooter from 1997, outside of the fact that remember when developers thought god drat jumping puzzles were acceptable in FPS games? I'll probably pick up Turok 2 once I finish this one.

Ether Frenzy posted:

The number of times I've thought about vacuum cleaners in the last 44 years, including the 400 posts I just read about vacuum chat, is 401

Nerds gonna nerd but really it's a tool, and if I've learned anything in life a quality tool makes the job waaay easier. I figure most here can appreciate a tool that works well and have *~opinions~*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

Silents and Boomers.

Yeah right wing media has convinced olds that BIG GUBBMINT is coming to take away your incandescent bulbs and also using them owns the libs so any hardware store that stops carrying them will probably face backlash as stupid as that sounds.

I know incandescents are legitimately better for a lot of applications, but I think it's mostly the first thing.