Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

NitroSpazzz posted:

Happy New Year!

Start IVF Monday so January is going to suck

We’ve been going down that road. October was our first round. Had some issues, ended up with only one fertilized egg surviving and wife’s progesterone levels out of whack so we froze that. February or March she’ll go back for the implantation and hopefully that takes. It’s stressful and lovely but holy gently caress it’s so much worse for her. All the best man - pm me if you need a sympathetic ear.

2018 was kind of poo poo. IVF being one thing, house falling apart and the job has gone to poo poo. Need to finish a cert or two and move on. Going to start clearing out excess stuff in the house in case a new job means a move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

slidebite posted:

I've made 2 "quasi" asian dishes with the instant pot so far and the pressure cooking aspect just destroys the integrity of the vegetables and turns them into a soft mush which is unappetizing to me. I don't really know how to beat that problem since I think it's just inherent to a pressure cooker for anything more than a couple minutes.

I think it would do well with a meat-sauce recipe (think pork chops and mushroom sauce, kind of thing) but I am going to have to keep experimenting with other stuff. It's neat and I suppose does what it does, but I'm not sure if it's going to be a go-to appliance for me for anything in particular unless find some kick rear end recipes for the drat thing.

Hmm, I could see that working.

We got one a month and change ago. Big, cheap cuts of tough meat are amazing. Meat sauces are amazing. Veggies - unless they're really "tough" to begin with, turn to poo poo. Works well for squashes and the like, though.
My favorite lately is "hunk of beef" - get a big cheap roast, sear the bastard, deglaze with some stock (usually a cup to cup and a half), and pressure-cook for about 40-45 minutes. Then enjoy your tender, delicious meaty goodness. I add various herbs/spices to taste. Worked well when I did that, but cut the pressure short by 5, manually released it, chucked in some cut up potatoes, and pressure cooked for 5 more. Beef still tender, potatoes were great and the whole damned thing was tasty.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Huh that's weird, all the reviews i was reading were saying to get a rice cooker and pass on the insta pot if you cook lots of rice. Maybe they were doing it wrong by pressing the RICE button? Lol.

It's fine because I'm mainly interested in cooking rice and not really worried about making meals in it. I used to cook all my rice in the oven so I'm sure I'll be using a lot less energy too.

Just did rice in my instant pot for the first time last night. I needed a bit more water, but it came out great. 100% happy with it.
Also took like 10 minutes tops.for a huge pot of rice.
A+ would recommend.