Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
How optimistic are we feeling this year? Throw down those goals for 2019, check in every quarter and weep at all of the setbacks that stopped you.

This year I will get a free space in the garage so my wife can park in there, which means the 64 Galaxie will be drivable.
The International is going back to carbureation so I can use it again. I have some parts and cashed in my piggy bank to get some others. I’m getting some free time early next year so I’ll likely get these going.

Stretch goal: get the Galaxie sent off for paint.

Ok those are pretty modest, looking forward to someone who’s building up a motor from the junkyard to 1100HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
I haven't been active on AI for much of the last year, but I'm going to get my Eagle Talon TSi AWD finished and inspected so I can drive it on the street once this year. It's going to look like an abused 24 year old DSM, but I need to drive this stupid car again. Boost makes me smile entirely too hard to just let it occupy space in my garage.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
AI resolutions:

Get the MR2 rebuilt and painted.
Get the 4wd system and D44 installed in the Comanche
Sell the Mercedes

Non-AI resolutions:

Finish grad school with a 4.0
Get an EMT-B cert
Get a CCNA cert
Help with at least one EWB project

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Finish the Volkzda. I want to be driving it. I'm sick of working on it.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I need to somehow get both my vehicles in Florida out to Oregon, and find a way/place to store them.
The Jeep will be easy enough, I just need to ship it.

The Trukk is going to be a much more....substantial undertaking.

In non-AI stuff, looking into starting my own business in the future, so by the end of the year I'd like to have my own contractors license.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
AI:
Turbo
bed boards
air-con
new seats.

Non AI:

Locate and buy 10-40 acres to build a shop/home on.
increase the capabilities of the current shop

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
AI:
Better maintain vehicles

Non-AI:
Keep losing weight
Get counseling / depression treated
Graduate with my Ed.D (in the dissertation phase now :ohdear:)
Get an administrative gig somewhere; make more money than I do now
Compete in the Highland Games again, do better than this year.
Beat that punk Adiabatic to 10x225 on the bench press

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

AI: I'm stuck with this car for awhile (Saturn #2), as much as I wish I wasn't. Got power tools finally, so lots of work should happen. It has new rear shocks; I have new front struts and sway bar end links sitting here. It doesn't need much work outside of what's been mentioned, except for cosmetic and a fuel pump (GM should be paying for that, in theory). Probably just tint the windows and call it a day for cosmetics, maybe spray paint the spoiler (has no paint right now). MIGHT do a lovely Maaco paint job on it.

Since I'm stuck with it for at least a year (unless someone is stupid enough to finance a car at a reasonable APR for someone with a credit score in the high 500s), gently caress it, just gonna keep fixing poo poo as it breaks (keep in mind I drive 30-40k/year, almost all city - between Saturn #1 and #2, the drivetrain is proven to be pretty drat solid). I'm almost out of deferred maintenance on it (only remaining bit is the serpentine belt - have a new one, just haven't put it on).

Non AI: get back to the gym more than once a week, pursue other relationships (preferably same-sex), move, bust my rear end even more, finish paying off my private student loans (Sallie Mae), make a big dent in my federal loans, get a healthy savings account going. Smoke more :420: since it keeps me a lot more mellow in general, stop drinking (or at least make it not-daily). Possibly get back into community college.

That's all doable within a week or two, right? :shepicide:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 1, 2019

WickedSKS
Dec 8, 2007
if this Jeep breaks one more goddamn time, Im trading it in for a Ranger

(beyond its current level of brokenness)

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
AI:
- Sell my E30
- Attend five drift events once the E46 is built
- Take first in my class for at least one rallycross event this season
- Purchase welder & learn how to weld aluminum
- Install the pile of mods I bought for my old Fiesta ST into the new one
- Take the BRC and gain a permanent motorcycle license instead of the merry go round of provisional licenses
- Don't buy any additional vehicles unless it's the GT350 I've been saving for or a killer deal on a '94-'95 FD pops up
- Sell one of the motorcycles
- Make a thread to track my automotive stupidity

Non-AI:
- Get driveway re-graded so the Miata isn't the only car that can enter the driveway without scraping. This is kind of AI.
- Go back to school
- With whatever money is left over (lol): get back to actively investing in the stock market
- Stick to weight lifting schedule

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sell Versa, finish Land Cruiser, get some self-confidence, find love.

I suspect I'll accomplish maybe one or two of these, but hey, gotta set goals, right?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Get my Celica out from behind Adiabatic's garage and into a place I can start restoring it.

Finish the turbocharging upgrade to my 245?

get a new engine into the C70

Sell the Forester

The first is definitely happening, the second is probably getting at least 80% finished, the 3rd is dependent on the 4th so

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
1. Make the move to the shop I just rented. That means functional workspace for my company, metal working area, woodworking area, marine repairs, tools, everything. I desperately need some separation from my work. 80-100 hours per week is unsustainable.
2. Maintain my vehicles, get a bunch of poo poo done on the Jetta.
3. Get my rear end in gear and lose some weight. I've put on almost 20 pounds in the past year. Combo of stress, overwork, and more stress. Work, my mother's health, wife's health, work, buying and selling an unrelated business, work, etc have all taken a toll.
4. Watch every F1 race with my mom, assuming she lives another year. I really enjoyed spending time with her watching the races this season. At first, she was humoring me, but she's actually into the racing now.

Stretch goal:
Make a baby? That all depends on the outcome of a surgery in 3 weeks. We'll take it in stride either way, gotta focus on the short term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

No particular order:

1. Go easier on some of the sensy folks here, and post less in general (Post Count 6632 Post Rate 1.51 per day as of 1/7/19)
2. Find a bigger vehicle because children take up all the space you never thought you needed
3. Sell my sim racing stuff
4. Sell house, find bigger/better house
5. Set up home exercise area
6. Rehab shoulder to 100% and bike more. Get better at MTB (lessons, balance, skills, not being a pussy) and have no major injuries this season...
7. Hopefully not get laid off and then find another job within the company. Ooooooor another job elsewhere if that does happen.