Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

My city has added two new comic shops in the past 5 years or so, and not lost any I know of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1082672871325949952

Strontosaurus posted:

A friend of mine asked for some recommendations for non-superhero comics in the mystery and horror genre. Do you guys have any suggestions for recent/current stuff?

Gyo or Uzumaki

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Wheat Loaf posted:

I can't think of any politicians I like.

I'm fond of the ones who don't think I should die because I'm too poor to go to the doctor.

So AOC and like, a half dozen others.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

joehonkie posted:

Why is Bruce so huge in the second to last panel and then like half the muscle in the next one?

In the first panel he's hunched over the keyboard, so his shoulders are forward, towards the viewer. In the next panel he's standing and his shoulders are relaxed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Did you guys know that Neil Gaiman created a superhero called Lady Justice? The premise is what if that justice is blind statue lady was a sexy superhero

It's real bad

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't think his accountant really told him that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Endless Mike posted:

Yo E&C: I just want to say I appreciate the historical context you can bring to discussions.

It's also amazing how much Wizard influences the industry for a time and how much they were clearly doing it for their own gain since it was before ubiquitous internet.

In other appreciation not comics related: I'm one of the several hundred thousand furloughed federal workers and the people and businesses in my city have have been coming out in amazing ways to support people like myself (and, more importantly, ones who earn far less than me and have families to support). I loved this city before, but this is really adding to that even more.

Even if you're furloughed, can you and your coworkers still get in the building? And rip the copper wire out of the walls?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Small Business Owners are almost universally megalomaniacs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lurdiak posted:

It is incredibly dumb to make a kickstarter with such high minimal pledges.

nah it's pretty common in miniature games. There's a big demographic of people who will throw down 100+ bucks for a big box of miniatures without batting an eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The run of Wonder Woman where she gave up her powers and became a kung fu spy is very problematic, but the crazy 60s outfits she's always wearing are pretty great. They should've kept that as part of the Wonder Woman mythos after she got her powers back, instead of the old costume she wears a different colorful mod outfit every issue.