Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Persona 5 was my first and only persona game. (Unless you count Digital Soul Survivor, or SMT:IV.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

watch the other 2 in the vengeance trilogy, lady vengeance is amazing

e: speaking of park chan wook everyone go watch the handmaiden!

I watched it the last time someone brought it up do I have to do this every single time

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

There's a really weird robot programming game for the psp called Carnage Hearts and I've never known anyone else to have owned it

i thought about grabbing it a couple times when it was on sale but always changed my mind. gonna imagine that's not showing up in a sale again for a while if ever

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this game looks so rad and I'm not comfortable with that

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

watch the other 2 in the vengeance trilogy, lady vengeance is amazing

e: speaking of park chan wook everyone go watch the handmaiden!

I'm going to be the odd one out here and say Mr. Vengeance is my favorite.

I do absolutely how they deal with the murderer in Lady Vengeance, but that movie had some stuff I just didn't get.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know what it says but i find that image offensive

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

I think a few Micro Machines games did this to get 8 player on a PSX/N64

It was cool

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Looper posted:

same, it's a good movie

I remember bringing the DVD over to some friends to watch a few weeks after it came out. Everyone was really into the movie, and then the DVD stopped reading just as the antagonist was about to reveal the plan so (as this was a few years before Youtube) I had to explain what happened. I think that may have slightly detracted from the overall impact of the story.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

owlboy was kind of a disappointing sequel tbh

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

huh, everybody told me it was a hoot

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samuringa posted:

I'm going to be the odd one out here and say Mr. Vengeance is my favorite.

I do absolutely how they deal with the murderer in Lady Vengeance, but that movie had some stuff I just didn't get.

1. being a woman sucks in patriarchal society
2. the justice system is hosed up
3. ideas and the structure of revenge is often patriarchal itself and you can only find redemption in yourself

Lady Vengeance is weird in that its the most fantastical in presentation of the movies but ends up completely rejecting the fantasy of revenge much more throughly than the other 2 movies and deals way more closely with real life themes. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance makes it an absurd dark comedy, Old Boy flips the script on its head, while Lady Vengeance makes the whole thing this fantastical experience that is ultimately rejected.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 31, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I can only speak for myself but this would be correct for me. :/ I would be weary about picking expert mode.

Weary means tired right? Wary is apprehensive? Am i taking crazy pills? I feel like everyone in my life is saying weary to mean worried about lately. :ohdear:

Also expert mode or bust. Otherwise the game plays line poo poo and is twice as hard. Like you wont crash as much if you suck but im not sure you can clear some mission objectives without full control cause the timers are tight.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I thought it was funny that Ace Combat 7 has an option to make crashing into the ground do less damage, which is weird cause it always freaks me out when I survive grazing it somehow just with 99%. Crash should be death.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I have it on full damage and get 99% on a ground graze fairly often. The reduced damage lets you hit the ground repeatedly

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Phantasium posted:

i thought about grabbing it a couple times when it was on sale but always changed my mind. gonna imagine that's not showing up in a sale again for a while if ever

i remember it being extremely difficult. i liked that you could manually control the robots if you wanted but you had to manually program in the buttons; on the other hand that meant you could have toggles between ai routines and stuff

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I have it on full damage and get 99% on a ground graze fairly often. The reduced damage lets you hit the ground repeatedly

That's what I mean, I never turned it on, it just seems like a weird option.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not knowing much about the ace combat series is it a thing where surviving a missile explosion or getting hit by enemy fire is typical because if so surviving slamming into the ground at mach 2 seems to be consistent

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playtesters probably lost sight of the ground and got frustrated or something like that.

I for one would like a virtual horizon on the hud so i know what my pitch is in a cloud bank or whatever but i make do

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

not knowing much about the ace combat series is it a thing where surviving a missile explosion or getting hit by enemy fire is typical because if so surviving slamming into the ground at mach 2 seems to be consistent

You get like 2 missile hits in campaign mode before you are hosed. Maybe 3 in a beast like the a-10.

The give you countermeasure flares to increase survivability

Bullets do like 1% damage each which is kinda dumb tho. You can fly down the barrel of every aa gun on the map and still be at half health

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYFfNoBvusQ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

nothing like crashing into the ground after failing a mission objective to cut off the scene transition because it replaces the failure state

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

1. being a woman sucks in patriarchal society
2. the justice system is hosed up
3. ideas and the structure of revenge is often patriarchal itself and you can only find redemption in yourself

Lady Vengeance is weird in that its the most fantastical in presentation of the movies but ends up completely rejecting the fantasy of revenge much more throughly than the other 2 movies and deals way more closely with real life themes. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance makes it an absurd dark comedy, Old Boy flips the script on its head, while Lady Vengeance makes the whole thing this fantastical experience that is ultimately rejected.

It's not that kind of thing, I'm not that dense, its scenes like, when they're all dining together after the murdering and it looks like a family sitcom dinner. Or when she talks with the ghost of the boy in the bathroom. The ending with the cake.

Stuff like that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

persona q 2 is coming to the US in june. i'm not sure who, other than me, is interested in it on the 3DS in the year 2019

but they were never going to port it to the switch when it pretty much requires two screens

still, it's probably the final atlus 3DS game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'll definitely buy q2 and quit about a dozen hours in because the charm won't carry the lackluster parts any further

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Codemasters Dirt Rally 2.0 comes out February 24 and I am very excited about that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no vr support though...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samuringa posted:

It's not that kind of thing, I'm not that dense, its scenes like, when they're all dining together after the murdering and it looks like a family sitcom dinner. Or when she talks with the ghost of the boy in the bathroom. The ending with the cake.

Stuff like that.

oh sorry i wasn't trying to imply you didn't get that i was just listing why its my favorite of the three
as for those scenes, the cake thing is like a purity thing and stuff

e: i do a bad job talking to people lol

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 1, 2019

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

People on the steam forums are claiming that because the new far cry has non-white villains it's promoting anti-white violence and has thus been "ruined by SJWs"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

People on the steam forums are claiming that because the new far cry has non-white villains it's promoting anti-white violence and has thus been "ruined by SJWs"
did they play far cry 3

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
name a single game that has been ruined by the sjws

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Whichever one they took the vagina bones out of

Snooze Cruise posted:

e: i do a bad job talking to people lol

Try using more cuss words!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Looper posted:

Apparently, literally every videogame

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

They took donut drake out of uncharted

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

The changes were mostly positive but with a few that were puzzling (vagina bones) and a few that were bad (the hackjob on the wedding dress outfit, it looks like poo poo in the NA version)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The 7th Guest posted:

did they play far cry 3
Or 2 and 4.

But really Internet Nazis never actually watch/play what they scream about.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Try using more cuss words!!

that character is 17 in the jp version and I'm 100% in favor of not sexualizing kids.

case closed, next

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

that character is 17 in the jp version and I'm 100% in favor of not sexualizing kids.

case closed, next

but she's 18 in the localization, which even took the effort of having the jp voice actor re-record all the lines where she says, in japanese, what her age is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the TMS localization is kind of incredible for all it managed to do tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been at Sundance all week so I haven't had a chance to keep up with the thread. I'll still try to have a new one up tonight though. So...thread title suggestions?