Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm gonna guess that he didn't listen to a word they said and just nodded along until they left.

I think it was made by an aid. He can't get past 50 characters without some sort of spelling mistake, let alone complete a coherent thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

facialimpediment posted:

You would *think* that with the zillions of people in the world, the same characters would stop loving popping up everywhere.

That's how you know it's a simulation.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm gonna guess that he didn't listen to a word they said and just nodded along until they left.

The Intelfolks testified to Congress, basically calling Trump a big, dumb idiot. Since it was congressional testimony, it's all archived on C-SPAN.

Trump, being a big, dumb idiot, didn't really care about what they said to Congress, he only cared that he was getting bad press about the whole thing.

Consequently, the big, dumb idiot decided the right thing to do was attack the press and claim that the Intelfolks were misquoted and everyone is on the same page. He even said that the real story was nothing like what he saw on TV, once he asked the Intelfolks about it. Therefore, the big, dumb idiot confirmed that he had no idea what the intelligence actually was, he just got his poo poo from TV first.

Galaxy brain genius stuff.

psydude posted:

I think it was made by an aide. He can't get past 50 characters without some sort of spelling mistake, let alone complete a coherent thought.

Yeah that too, Donnie doesn't know how to embed video, embed pictures, or thread tweets.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LongDarkNight posted:

That's how you know it's a simulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Fuckin amazing how incestuous the circles of rich, powerful white men are.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1091066927211003904?s=19

You would *think* that with the zillions of people in the world, the same characters would stop loving popping up everywhere.

the richest people in the world don't associate with others because they have nothing in common. Its just about impossible to become a billionaire and have any empathy for others.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've met Jack Dangermond, and sat in a small meeting with him for a couple hours. He seemed nice and actually knew what what going on in his company. But yeah, tax the gently caress out of them, and guillotine a bunch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/1091054890300964864?s=21

:thunk:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Ah, yes, Donna Brazile, who's name last floated into my sphere when she was doing a debate tour with Sarah loving Palin.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
hello donna i am one of the people who voted for aoc, i approve of her twitters, please gently caress off

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
five bucks says they're doing private polling of ny-14 and then yelling gently caress when it comes back overwhelmingly positive

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Nah, they’ll just mutter to themselves how it just can’t be true and go back to sucking Koch dick.

They’ll keep doing that until the guillotines come out.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Polling tells us that you're never going to appeal to moderate whites if you keep this up Alexandria!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Reminder that Donna Brazile is one of the huge assholes who was in the DNC and helped Hillary win the nomination instead of Bernie (who would've won against Trump).

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Polling tells us that you're never going to appeal to moderate whites if you keep this up Alexandria!

AOC: Suck my dick you fuckman.

*poll numbers go up*

DNC Lanyard: How does this keep happening?!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Guess it doesn't count when the fat orangutan vomits up onto his phone at 5 am.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

WhEn ThEy Go LoW

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

WhEn ThEy Go LoW

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

As Nero Danced posted:

yes, donald trump spewing out insane bullshit that makes zero sense is the same

yes yes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1091123129437564928?s=19

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Poor guy. He should just keep his head down till this whole thing blows over.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:eyepop:

Why would you ever say that in front of a camera to begin with?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

colachute posted:

yes, donald trump spewing out insane bullshit that makes zero sense is the same

yes yes

Full confession I forgot who she was, I'm just used to crazy republicans coming out of the woodwork to attack her.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 1, 2019

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's an Oglaf about this exact situation

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

There's an Oglaf about this exact situation

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

DoktorLoken posted:

:eyepop:

Why would you ever say that in front of a camera to begin with?

Step 1: Be dumb enough to work on the Fyre Festival team.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Fuckin amazing how incestuous the circles of rich, powerful white men are.

https://twitter.com/Santucci/status...ingawful.com%2F

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

why is this coming out now

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ben Sasse is the only new republican face on Intel cmte. so my money is on Dems scoring an own goal

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Here's a good article on the bullshit states like Texas try to pull with fearmongering and disenfranchisement/suppression.

tl;dr Texas said 95,000 non-citizens were registered to vote, and 58,000 of them had voted since 1996. Literally no check done by anyone between the state or major media outlets, they just ran with it. Now Texas is quietly going "um maybe we weren't right about that".

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/01/29/texas-voter-citizenship-list-problems-state-tells-counties/

For what its worth, the Texas Tribune saw the flimsy proof the state made its claims on and immediately called it out as bullshit.

Yeah I heard FN trotting this out the other day and immediately smelled bullshit. Admittedly that might just because of who was "reporting" it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-heavyweight-wanted-access-to-putin-leaked-email

quote:

[Paul] Erickson’s email also said the trip could help ease relations between Russia and the U.S. by creating a way for the Kremlin to connect with a future Republican president.

“As we discussed over lunch in Iowa, Russia believes that high level contacts with the NRA might be the BEST means of neutral introduction to either the next American President OR to a meaningful re-set in relations with the Congress under a (God forbid) President Clinton,” he wrote. “This simple good will trip would have enormous diplomatic consequences for a future U.S. / Russia bilateral relationship to the world.”

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why is this coming out now

Other news organizations cited Senate Intel sources, which would make sense. My guess is that Senate Intel finally got the call logs and the staffers (who are the ones that look at this stuff), leaked it.

Standard stuff, sorta. Everyone's kind of stunned that it wasn't Donnie.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

"Trollers"

It's trolls you gently caress. Who the gently caress let Grandma on Twitter?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
https://twitter.com/heresysquad/sta...ingawful.com%2F

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Popehat...is actually a baddie?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
popehat duck'd again

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm curious what he says because that doesn't square with his writings.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Uhh, the ACLU also has “ties” to those groups. He’s a criminal defense and civil rights attorney, of course he’ll be hired by “bad” people?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
just posting it FYSA, idgaf either way

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

EBB posted:

DoktorLoken posted:

I'm curious what he says because that doesn't square with his writings.

All I'm getting out of that paired tweet is "Zounds! A lawyer has been friends for a long time and represents another lawyer in some matters, with that second lawyer representing some some real idiots from time to time."

Randazza is a first amendment lawyer, so it makes sense he'd be retained by aforementioned idiots.

Seems like a nothingburger to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

EBB posted:

All of the above sounds like typical nonsense that people throw at true believer defense lawyers that defend lovely people. They're all cool to me, as lovely people deserve the best representation or the system breaks down. The problem lately is that rich, lovely people get the good representation while poor, good people get hosed by an overworked public defender.

Overall though, Popehat is a conservative/libertarian. He tends to be on the good side of drat near everything because he was a federal prosecutor that essentially turned over a new leaf and became a true-believer defense lawyer. So, he's against drat near anything involving giving the government more power.

He's pretty much consistently on the side of "freedom". So that will put him on the "good" side of pretty much anything legal, but on the "bad" side of a lot of social issues, such as universal/government-supported healthcare. Big government bad, little government good.

That sort of confuses people because the majority of conservatives were fake bullshit artists that happily defected to trumpism and called it conservatism. There will be a time when someone like Popehat is a baddie, but that will be years in the future.

Edit: Looks like he's getting mad at tumblrina types right now? :confused:

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 1, 2019