Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
CAPLOCKS FOR MAXIMUM ENERGY

Also a sign that things are gonna get worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why not just let them continue taking their meds?

I knew a not insignificant number of nukes, myself included, who had various mixes of ADD/ADHD/Depression that was exacerbated by our jobs but nobody dared to seek help for it because it was disqualifying. In our case it was disqualifying by fiat and also maybe because they didn't trust ships doc's to hand out adderal. A lot of kids just never get the help or diagnosis when they were young. Sometimes its because their parents understand the stigma if its an otherwise light case, sometimes even if the kids need it the parents can't afford it, and mostly it seems like its just parents deciding to tell their kids to tough it out or they'll get beaten. When you grow up just having to get by anyway you get out of the mindset that help is available.

Now that I'm not under that doom umbrella anymore I made a new years resolution to finally talk to a doctor about it and see what can be done. And from what I've heard even the more uptight services have started accepting that you gotta let people get themselves sorted while they're in.

I don't know what the actual research shows but it definitely feels like obvious ADHD is becoming increasingly common.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

dscruffy1 posted:

That excerpt is in the GiP coffee table art book and I showed it to a few of the more socially adept intel folks I know. They could see a few people it applied to!

There either needs to be a reprint or a pdf version or just an extended edition

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

The media in this country world is such unbelievable trash

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I hate to say this since its our entry drug to dystopia hellworld, but a big thing in late 2019 and 2020 will be GOTV memes for your candidate. Any serious candidate really needs a meme team. Literally people dedicated to making, finding, and spreading the best memes for your candidate and the best sick burns against the other. All 'unaffiliated' with the candidate. Making sidechannel facebook groups and subreddits, posting anonymously on 4chan etc.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1081269340337565703?s=21

quote:

Trump on human traffickers' routes: "They get off the road, and they drive out into the desert and they come in, they make a left turn - usually it's a left, not a right." After getting distracted, he resumed: "They make a right turn before they get to the port of entry."

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Carter is just walling in all those non-citizens in small compact walls, walls with roofs so you cant climb over them too, very cost effective. Someone give this idea to trump.

:thunk:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The facebook brainworms are leaking into the forums. Please go back to infowars.

shame on an IGA posted:

Shut the gently caress up liberal, this is the thread for fully automated luxury gay space communism. :gritty:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

...did I do this?

Did you vote?

If so yes, you did this in a roundabout yet meaningful matter.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Fister Roboto posted:

No those are humans.

:drat:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46788751

The french government is considering making unsanctioned protests illegal, and making attending 'sanctioned' protests with a face covering also illegal.

They are very not-shook and this will work great, right?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Abolishing the marines to build a wall?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

I guarantee this data is being sold to foreign Intel agencies.

Your data being sold is also a feature not some unintended side effect.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
A $2T non-competitive contract for nebulous goals funded by tax payer dollars you say?

Again, feature not a bug. The grift is in the open and more excessive than ever.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Just a fun fact I’ll slide in here is that having worked at power plants it only takes two dudes with sludge hammers and maybe a demo saw a day to render a call plant unusable for half a year.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Trump makes cogent and wise remarks on border security: Suck start my pistol.

Any other ideas?

Please don’t :ohdear:

Also don’t die of alcohol poisoning too

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hexyflexy posted:

They're blocks of paper, wraps of drugs don't look like that. Which is amusing me as every time the camera pans down I keep thinking I'm looking at a legal office.

Oh wow. Those are literally just reams of paper wrapped in trash bags.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
For every few of you who feel that way there is probably 20,000 who feel the same.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Generation Internet posted:

I know nothing about the USN or 7th Fleet but why is the ops tempo so high there that it's apparently contributing to poo poo like this? The idea of a modern warship's bridge being littered with piss-bottles is wild to me

Its completely reasonable for a ship to maintain that ops tempo if you were able to keep crew morale and training and furnish repair parts in the normal amount of time. The navy is bad at all three of those.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Handsome Ralph posted:

I mean, it'd be nice if Warren could easily dunk on Trump, but wasn't that a big complaint people had about Clinton last go around? She spend most of the debate dunking on him and saying how terrible of a person he was instead of talking about her policy proposals and letting Trump run his stupid mouth and look dumb on his own.

Now Warrens doing that and suddenly it's "yEaH tHeSe DeCoRuM pOlS aRe sO bAd!"

Hillary did zero dunking.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The most powerful country on earth is refusing to pay for a catering staff.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

McNally posted:

I mean, I think they technically can't during the shutdown.

But noted billionaire Donald Trump, when having to pay for food from his own pocket, spent $50 to get some fast food.

Which is also weird because thats like $1500 of fast food and you really could cater for cheaper at that point. Maybe Donald just doesn't know how much things cost and thinks fast food is just cheap?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

joat mon posted:

Buncha fuckin' nerds studying public administration thinking they could run one of the most complex and extensive governments on Earth when they should have just played Eve Online and posted on 4chan instead.

And most Ironically I think peak-goonfleet leadership would be more competent at administering any given department then the trump appointees. They may be poopsocking nerds but the lot of them managed a whole lot of lovely video game logistics.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1085129853509271552

France continues to get more angry. Click through for 40+ pics & videos of french cops being bastards.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:swoon: I loving LOVE BRANDS :swoon:

Capitalism... Good?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I unironicly support renovating our main ports of entry with giant lego walls and friendly lego policeman statues

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Wow that d&d primary thread is doing numbers lol. Or did it get moved to cspam? I'm too drunk and on tablet to check

got moved to cspam and is just pages of people with probations and bans for the moment

another d&d success story

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
That sounds legal and a smart thing to do though, it’s just not :decorum:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Democrats aren’t smart enough to do this

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

If you could choose to kill him as an infant or during his time serving during WWI which would you choose

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Syrian Lannister posted:

Adding Chicago Style pizza rules.

False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaA5dNFrFMI

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Icon Of Sin posted:

:stare: that’ll throw some cold water on a bunch of people.

On the bright side they could be “not accurate” in the sense that some detail is wrong and the office just wants to work in peace. Or better still they’re “not accurate” in that it’s actually more damning than the article made it out to be!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

But why would a spokesman comment just for that?

Have you heard of The art of war the deal by famous author sun tsu don tru? It talks about appearing weak when you’re actually strong and all that

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Godholio posted:

Something that'll lead to fewer than 200 new posts per day, I hope.

Just immerse yourself in some of the 8k posts/day whirlwinds to stare into the abyss with me

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
tbh I would just go back and make sure the whole adam and eve family fertilized the garden and let the dolphins take over or something.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/amoneyresists/status/1087786934624272384?s=21

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/bcmerchant/status/1088106877156679680?s=21

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I’m curious if trump is just going to give the SOTU to the GOP on the house floor. The only reason nanci has to invite him is Decorum

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Except unlike democrats the trump cronies have no problem simply turning those back on and filming with no repercussions. A Pirate CSPAN broadcast would be extraordinarily weird but if you’re the president and staff you have physical access and once you have physical access it’s 90% there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In zany foreign relations news I couldn’t tell if this is real but it’s apperenlty real as of like 15 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/status/1088138107885621255?s=21

Casimir Radon posted:

If he acts up he can be tossed out same as anyone else.

How?