Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's not that there isn't an element of politics to oil prices, the US has always leaned on and/or used weapons deals and defense partnerships as bribes with countries like Saudi Arabia and other "friendly" exporters to keep the taps open because low prices undermine countries like Iran and Russia. But it doesn't seem likely Trump even has an understanding of this, let alone has improved our position in that regard.

I think he does. The Syria troop withdrawal was timed nicely with a Patriot system sale to Turkey

Patriot sale:
https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/12/19/turkey-cleared-by-us-for-35-billion-patriot-missile-deal-despite-s-400-row/

Syria withdrawal:
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/19/678150756/reports-white-house-intends-to-pull-u-s-troops-from-syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I guarantee this data is being sold to foreign Intel agencies.

It's probably a database with IMEI numbers tied to owners of the phone plans. In the US don't you need an ID to purchase a SIM card? Someone else may know more but wouldn't any country that requires an ID to purchase a SIM card be able to do this?

Also I remember someone here remarked on a Trump tweet that excess parenthesis and commas in text was pretty indicative of mental illness. Anyone have more background on this?

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 8, 2019

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Border wheeeeeel

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

psydude posted:

Yeah I think it's them trying to push the blame on someone else, just like they do for everything. Mattis was pissed about mobilizing the troops to the border for political purposes, so it doesn't make sense that he'd be down with using USACE to build the wall.

Not to sound like I'm in denial but Mattis probably said something like "I won't have them do it unless it's a state of emergency"

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

Schultz is a loving idiot and I really hope he doesn't run as an independent. I really hope he doesn't run at all.

I really wonder how much of his motivation to run comes from hearing AOC and Warren's comments on billionaires and 70% taxes