Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Good morning

gently caress 2018

I want to say 'gently caress 2019', but I can't poo poo on the new year on account of starting shittily because I'm scared it might get worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Duzzy how'd that breakup go I ended up doing one too because as a never-enlisted I missed important lessons about not dicking BPD until the last 6 weeks.

I didn't "go" at all so far, and since she's taking a trip around here home region with that friend that visited her over NYE (I'll just leave that uncommented), there's no real point to drive up there today because there's a very slim chance of catching a window where she's actually at home. It's a three hour drive, and I barely slept last night so I don't want to risk driving back home after sunset. Might have to go tomorrow.

In other news: It's 2019, and the President of the United States is still a loving moron

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079906462753869825

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't.

I hope he suffers a humiliating defeat in 2020.

lol, I still have hope for things

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, so that's supposed to be a real term now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm late to the stupid injury party, but I'd like to chime in with a torn meniscus and joint obstruction that I got while asleep once, requiring surgery.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

I think Warren is an idiot but I'll vote for anyone with a D beside their name and you all drat well better too in 2020.

The fact that not only does this not seem to be a common sentiment, but that it's also met with "this attitude is why dems are losing", is what's scaring the poo poo out of me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:same:

But most people I met "had principles", and thus sat out out the general election.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

In addition to the points made above, explicitly asserting this basically tells the people who need your vote that you don't need to be catered to beyond mere lip service. If your aspiring rep is a uniquely good person with policy that mirrors your own, this isn't so bad. If they are anything else, it results in you being ignored and, in worst cases, enables the rep to commit explicit bad actions (abuse of office, corruption, sexual assault, etc.).

So while you might continue to support whoever has your party's initial next to their name, other people who can't stomach it will sit out. If an even worse opponent wins at that point, I'd blame the group that enabled the bad rep, not those that sat out.

Your vote is an important thing and should be treated as such.

The latter part is what terrifies me.

psydude posted:

If people want to replace establishment candidates, the time to do it is in the primaries, not the general election.

Exactly this. Hell, do it even before the primaries.

The problem I've experienced is that young people do diddly-squat in that time outside of repost UNILAD videos, Reddit memes, and support whichever the social media propaganda (from Reddit, too, I guess) tells them to support. They're hearts are most probably in the right place, which is good, but unfortunately actual change requires them to put their rear end into it outside of that. 2016 has shown that - in the event of them not getting their dreamy candidate - they claim to have always hated (insert establishment candidate) and sit the general election out because ~principles~.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

we're living in a universe literally built on 'the lesser evil!' and some of you still have the gall to try and blame people for wanting to change that. are you loving serious.

gently caress your lovely candidates, gently caress your complacency and most importantly gently caress you.

:lol: this isn't happening, calm down bud

The Iron Rose posted:

Maybe. Inspiring Hillary was not either. But I also think that blaming Sanders or Bernie supporters is counterproductive. We should be working together and not relitigating the past and reopening old wounds.

As an addendum: I absolutely agree on the latter, and no one is blaming Bernie, or those supporters that actually work for change. The ones that I see as the problem are the ones that don't do squat when it matters, and then only start "fighting" tooth & nail when the change they could have worked for in the years before has not come about, and they then sit it out.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 4, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The facial expression on those dogs :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Soooooo, is the government still shut down?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What, making GBS threads on allies for no reason?

Weird, you say?

:thunk:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I know it's 2019 and all, but I'm not buying it :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, gently caress me silly

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Happy longest shutdown in history, I guess? :confuoot:

/ninjaedit: Obviously another thing that Trump is best at.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Y'all fuckin brutal, gatdang

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

He's pointing out the same poo poo that terrifies me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

May it please the court your honor, let the record reflect that the defendant did not say 'No'

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Good to see that the navy ran a guided missile destroyer like goonfleet runs hellcamps, complete with pissbottles and poopsocking.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

don't forget the era of Scrooge McD in the EVE thread

I got a hitler-pony for being one of the people in that thread that "wouldn't shut up about 'casual racism'".

You see, mentioning the "casual racism" that was rampant on the Goonfleet Mumble would cause long derails and shitstorms in the thread, and therefore people were not allowed to post that they thought there was no such thing as "casual racism" and that dumb edgelords on comms needed to be kicked the gently caress out.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm still kinda stuck at the Charlottesville Nazi praise

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If it's the one where he invites some alt-right chick that claims to totally not be alt-right and then "debates" her ad infinitum, I think there's even a "best of" of it floating around somewhere that's still like 20 minutes long.

I do not understand YouTubers.

/edit:
yes, yes, trap sprung, etc.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, this shutdown is gonna last a while, isn't it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mean, those kids are racist shitheads displaying despicable behavior that is representative of an extremely concerning trend in this country, and I'm all for sick burns and dunks, but...like, can we maybe not cheer for widespread pedophilia and underage rape at a school?

That's a bit drat dark there

/edit:

In retrospect, I guess I've done the same jokes about the systemic problem the catholic church has had and refused to address, but making GBS threads on the catholic church as an institution and its lovely priests still feels like it's a different league than rooting for the ongoing mistreatment of kids as punishment for being racist

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 20, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Is them flying off a cliff in their school bus still ok?

I've always been of the opinion that a human being isn't beyond redemption and re-education until they're past a certain age, because bigoted indoctrination of kids when they're too young to fully understand impact and consequences of their actions is a huge factor. As I've learned while dealing with Neo-Nazis in the past; when they're still teenagers, there's still a remote chance to "save" them and teach them better, so I'm not quite in the send-them-off-a-cliff camp just yet

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah that's perfectly understandable. I was on the fence about it anyway. It was, of course, an extremely dark joke and not serious.

It's all good dude, I didn't mean to imply you were serious about it.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 20, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

In America, this is exclusively reserved for white kids while minority kids are considered permanent thugs.

White Americans would sooner “redeeem” nazi kids than tolerate a minority kid who stole a candy bar.

In case it wasn't clear, I mean redemption THROUGH reorientation of those kids themselves, not them doing a quick couple of mea culpas to be cool on social media again

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

A nine minute video from the march/kids getting in Indians' faces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4EUuW-GjQ

Fox et al are claiming it exonerates the kids, presumably because later in the video there are some dumbfuck Black Hebrews I guess? Also a different Indian tells them to take their bullshit wall and go back to Europe which is not a bad point.

Anyway, the uploader has this to say:

except that it doesn't actually show the groups approaching each other and starts in media res like the short video so yeah, your dumber friends and family will be claiming this to be full proof and it ain't.

Their "fight song", other collectivist behavior, and especially the last bit, where someone notices the buses just arrived and they immediately all start a "let's go home" chant, is really loving weird.

Like, it's NCAA football fans on meth, but somehow in a Tyranid hivemind.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I think I mentioned the Fyre Festival movie on Discord Friday/Saturday, y'all should really watch it.

I fully expected it to be just 90 minutes of raw, unfiltered Schadenfreude, and while the build-up towards the massive failure that it was definitely gives you a bit of that (because my god, what an absolutely predictable trainwreck every step of the way was), it focuses a lot on other areas like the issues with social media influencers, the team that worked 24/7 for a year to get an app going, only to lose their jobs and have their future stained, and the folks in the Bahamas that put their life blood into it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

idgi

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm assuming someone already did that weird butterfly meme with "Is this Israel?".

Possibly a nation's twitter account.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stravag posted:

https://twitter.com/mrFawkes51/status/1087212573525565440?s=20

:catstare:

Edit: reading that post chain apparently they call themselves the cov cathlic crazies...

That picture is atrocious enough by itself, why would they feel like they need to fill up their bingo card by pretending the dumb white power handsign is in there as well, especially when that wasn't a thing among mainstream white supremacists until a lot later?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stravag posted:

I don't know the white power hand sign. I figured it's what the kid to the player's right side was doing

It looks much more like a a metal / devils pitchfork thing, but in any case, the focus should be on the kid harassing a black player, and other kids being in loving blackface.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

There's been an outbreak of measles in Dresden as well. Good job, humanity.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:lol: Did Fox news actually run an accidental graphic of RBG passing away?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Swamp: Drained :chaostrump:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Italy is a loving joke.

*eyeballs current events*

Uhhh...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Apparently, Roger Stone thought WhatsApp messages couldn't be pulled by the feds. Whoops!

Well, DUH, the app literally tells you your chats are end-to-end encoded :smugbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mean, I want to believe in the pisstape and all, but you guys know you can just rent the actual room, right?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

the dem primary is gonna be so loving good (terrible)

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/s...ingawful.com%2F

Welp, RIP Harris' campaign.

She got the kiss of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi Damien