Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

My idiot coworker is demanding decorum when dealing with the president.

“I won’t debate with anyone who brings emotion to talks”

The president is a lying shitbag who constantly degrades people all around him.

There’s just no dealing with these people.

Is your coworker Vulcan or some poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

maxpowers isn't a gimmick he had a melt down in the eve goon guild and got kicked

I would like to know more

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol

https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/1081790962702188545?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

There are already articles up about TSA employees who have missed a paycheck and can't make rent.

GoFundMe bitch

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/1081954524779216898?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm imagining how much that cost would inflate if they ordered environmental protections put in place for the wall construction.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

The dickbook came before it’s time :haw:

It happens to everyone!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

BigDave posted:

I hope he dies like Mussolini.

That's my hope for Trump

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1083401293845225472?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hate using terms like "authenticity" but holy poo poo if this is what the next two years are going to be like it is going to be painful as gently caress

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope they hazed the sickness out of that child

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bored As gently caress posted:

Oh for fucks sake.

Jesus Christ some of you are insufferable with this anti cop stuff. I dont know if it's your actual opinions or if you're just shitposting, or maybe a little bit of both, but I'm tired of seeing ACAB and "dead cops = really cool and good" poo poo. A lot of cops are racist scumbags, our criminal justice system has suffered from systemic racism from the start of the founding of our country, through the Civil War, on through reconstruction, through Jim Crowe, the start of the War on Drugs, up until today. There are overtly and fully conscious racists in every job, and there are in police. Maybe even a disproportionately higher number of racists, given that the majority of police tend to be conservative, and racists are, let's just say "overly represented" among conservatives.

There are also unconscious racist biases that literally everyone has to some degree or another, and a lot of the way policing has evolved over the course of the last nearly 50 years since the War on Drugs started disproportionately targets minority and poor communities. And because of that targeting, the lovely way we run our prisons (which lead to high recidivism rates), and the reality of addiction being a disease, that targeting can reinforce those racist biases. You keep arresting the same guys over and over, the crime keeps happening in the same neighborhoods and communities, and that conscious and / or unconscious racist bias becomes stronger if you're not self aware and / or intelligent enough to stand outside yourself and really contemplate why that is - JUST MAYBE crime happens more in minority and poor neighborhoods because of the way we have treated them over the last 300 loving years, what with lower quality under-funded schools, racist rear end school districting, a higher unemployment and poverty level, disenfranchisement, not enough access to early childhood education and good nutrition, a lack of access to good paying jobs, and a huge lack of access to healthcare and mental health care (and the stigma of seeking mental healthĺ, and the very way police departments and cities target low level crimes in the first place.

Look, a ton of cops are loving scumbags and I know a few of them, but not all are. There are good people out there just trying to do their jobs right. Hoping for their death to shitpost is one thing, but you guys are veterans. So many loving assholes dont give a gently caress when our troops die and think every single veteran is immoral or committed war crimes, and some edgelord fucks cheered it on when our guys died by the thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan. How do you feel about those people that love it when guys get blown up or mangled? Dont you see the similarity?

Maybe it's easier to just paint all cops as bad because it's simpler to paint the issue as black or white rather than what a lot of major issues are, which are shades of grey - nuanced, complicated, and difficult to solve. Maybe you think all cops are bad because they voluntarily signed up for a system that needs basically an entire restructuring from the ground up due to its major flaws, and you feel that anyone who signs up are morally culpable for their participation in that corrupt. I can understand that point of view. I really can.

But I absolutely hate how every time there is a use of force incident, it's "kill the cop," "ACAB kill all cops." In several incidents over the last decade there have been several times where the cops should've been charged with 1st or 2nd degree murder, and other instances where manslaughter would've been appropriate, and the assholes got a way with it. gently caress those guys, they're wastes of space and oxygen. The lack of prosecution of actual, real deal police misconduct, and the slaps on the wrist for actual big crimes they get away with is a big loving issue. That needs to change, and electing progressive district attorneys can help with that, as we saw with that loving oval office of a cop in Dallas that murdered her neighbor.

But there are so many instances where a 30 second video clip from a bystander shows what gets claimed as "police brutality," and it turns out that nope, bodycam footage shows it was completely justified. I dont have a problem with Black Lives Matter as a group. Most morons who hate BLM apparently didnt understand the fact that their name basically means "black lives matter, too, you fucks, what is wrong with you, stop killing us for no reason?" Rather than "only black lives matter." The only problem I have is when protests start the night of the incident or the next day, for assholes who literally shot at cops and were actively a threat when they died, and the cops involved get death threats and doxxed for no goddamn reason. They lose credibility every time they do that. Or incidents where people who have no idea what policing is like, and have no ideas about the laws regulating use of force incidents, or other policies and procedures, and have no clue about firearms at all, come out and say "JUST SHOOT EM IN THE LEG PIGS GOD" or other dumb poo poo like they shouldn't have tazed them. All that ignorance is a loving constant feedback loop into their hatred for cops, when in reality it they took the time and listened, they'd realize those incidents weren't police brutality.

Long story not so short, policing and the criminal justice system in America is hosed, and until we end the War on Drugs and start treating addiction as a public health issue rather than a criminal one, things wont start to get better. Sentencing reform is also a huge issue. Mental health is the next biggest issue. So many of the guys in jail need to be in secure inpatient psychiatric facilities, not locked up with the general criminal population. Thank Uncle Ronnie Reagan for the start of that stupid loving poo poo. Sure, it's cheaper per year to just lock them up for $35-45k a year instead of probably double that for an inpatient psych facility, but in the long run it would be way more cost effective and better for society.

Access to early childhood education / universal pre-K, better nutrition and expanding free school lunches, not getting kids into the criminal justice system when they're just kids, passing universal healthcare and mental health care, will all reduce crime, particularly in the hardest hit communities that need them most. But all that is a pipe dream unless we get Dems elected and a majority in both houses.

I know this is probably going to get comparisons to a "hey but not ALL men! Hurr" post/argument, but I had to get this off of my chest. There's enough loving division in this world.

LOL NICE MELTDOWN

lol

The only good cop

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadget posted:

When I was a teenager I was against gay marriage too, because that's how I was raised in a southern Baptist household. Then I left, matured and formed my own views and completely changed them. Should people be shamed forever for how they used to feel? Kinda lovely to do that, isn't it?

Yeah, I can't believe the loving Clickhole would do something like that

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lol just get accused of being a foreign agent? Deflect by saying you'll pull out of important alliances!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/JasmineLWatkins/status/1084970933473955841?s=19

https://twitter.com/bradleyrsimpson/status/1084988564281196544?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1084961504607260674?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
(grapes)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086262002815766533?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NJersey posted:

If it’s the same clip that Howard Stern played I think Robin said the same thing as you. But a caller did have a reasonable explanation, he skips the “ing” in King and the J in Junior. “Martin Luther Kunior” seems possible when your talking fast or your brain and mouth have some desync. Stopping to correct yourself right after saying it probably made it sound worse though.

But who knows maybe this dude just wanted to gain cred with his klan buddies...I haven’t read anything about colleagues coming to his defense. He made some reply on Facebook after he got fired about how he just spoke wrong I think.

:frogout:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

dscruffy1 posted:

I guess my question re:baby Hitler is when it becomes acceptable to kill him.

I mean obviously it's totally okay for him to starve and die or die from preventable diseases due to lack of a social safety net, but when is it okay to like shoot him or execute him.

As soon as the baby is positively identified as Hitler, killing it is the objectively right thing to do

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FrozenVent posted:

Ok what if you go back and kill baby Bismarck instead?

No, because Bismarck equitably resolved the Pig War

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FAUXTON posted:

What's worse is that it was drat near 60° in Omaha like 2 weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086971499725160448?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Chelsea Manning was on the stream earlier

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lesser of two evils isn't a good enough reason to vote for many people.

The whole Hilary thing just happened, how are we already pushing the same tired bullshit again

Because as much as things change they always stay the same

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Not to mention the number of rear end in a top hat billionaires sucking up to Brazil's new dictator

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Really hope AOC is up there shouting:
Hey hey DJT
How many times did the hookers pee?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Apparently he can't afford more than that dollar penalty

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

Peter Schoomaker retired from the Army in 2000 and was called out of retirement in 2003 to be Army Chief of Staff.

The computers at DFAS stopped paying him because as far as they were concerned, the only way you could stop being retired was by being dead.

That's beautiful

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1088546559246118919?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

-37 windchill tomorrow 50 on Monday

normal planet

Seems like it's a good time for some Global Waming

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

High of 52 here in the PNW. Definitely the nicest winter I've seen here. At least one sunny day every weekend this January. Today was clear blue skies and you could see Mt. Rainier and the Olympic Mountains.

My first winter here was almost nothing but darkness and rain for 6 months.

Yeah it's been a waaaaaaaaay too warm and dry couple of winters.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

For all the poo poo people give Apple for huffing their own farts or being expensive they legitimately do seem to care about the privacy of their wealthier users.

FTFY

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1090665596222529536?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://youtu.be/6svL10xXulQ

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit