Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

maxpowers isn't a gimmick he had a melt down in the eve goon guild and got kicked

eve goons have been killed for less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The fact that you're even bothering to argue "Person who admits to making mistake just as bad as person outright lying" means you're a hack hiding behind "Gosh, we can't have our politicians saying untrue things, then we'd be just as bad as the Republicans!".

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1082372063866834944

The media is complicit in this. By equivocating her self-admitted mistake on numbers with anything the Trump regime does, you're dismissing her without ever having to think of considering policy.

To be fair, you've always argued :decorum: and never once touched policy anyway so I don't know why I'm expecting better.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mexico is going to have to rethink their investments into lava monster technology.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

I do not understand a word of this.

Basically, there's a non-zero amount of people on Twitter/Politico/Medium/whatever (pretty much all embarrassed Republicans or Blue Dogs, but I repeat myself) who firmly believe that Russia controls every aspect of our politics and that Mueller is going to magically save the day, expose the entire conspiracy, and Russia will be humiliated for ever daring to interfere in our government.

After the Day of the Great Mueller Mattering, the Republicans will go back to being the party of Raytheon Not Racism, the Democrats will go back to offering Republican-lite policies as opposed to "Medicare for all" and these dipshits can show their faces in public and admit to being Republicans or Blue Dogs again.

for those of you not watching this Trump speech, he's trying to scare everybody by throwing every scary thing he can into one thing while whining that he's not getting his way.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

No state of emergency.

This was literally ten minutes of whining about Congress and reading a list of "illegal alien crimes" in excruciating detail.

2/10, would be 0/10 if not for audible amphetamine snorting-induced snuffling.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EBB posted:

World's most powerful lizard person divorces, eats mate of 25 years:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/09/tech/jeff-bezos-wife-divorce/index.html

another casualty of Bezos' hatred of unions

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

Girl, is you the military, cuz you cost half my discretionary spending and ruined my life

:emptyquote:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vasudus posted:

five bucks says it's marc thiessan

I'm sorry that you can recognize it that quickly.

Who hurt you, Vas?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If you fund things piecemeal, the GOP is absolutely going to shut down the government and only fund what they want.

If you give Trump his wall (because he wants something tangible as a legacy), he's going to keep playing hostage negotiation for things.

One of the notable Republican defections is Johnny Isakson from Georgia. Isakson is an older GOP dude, sort of the John Boehner type. He sees the writing on the wall because if this shutdown continues, the Atlanta airport is going to be affected and Delta is going to have his head piked in their boardroom.

The GOP is going to cave on this before Trump will.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The military would be pissed.

Misters Booz, Allen, Hamilton, Boeing, and Raytheon would return 3/4 of Congress within a few hours with visible bite wounds and drool.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

There need to be 14 more republican defectors before anything real happens.

The longer this goes on, the worse it's gonna be for the donor class.

At the point where you have 60+ votes in the Senate, you're facing impeachment trial balloons.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

It's not just targeting the poor with prosecution instead of seeing if there was a non-criminal way to handle the situation.

It's not just that she wrote a book where she tries to defend every lovely position in the most milquetoast compromise way possible. (Props to another goon somewhere who reviewed this, by the way)

No, it's her goddamn grin and laugh while she's explaining how much power she wielded as attorney general and how she wanted to use it on people that fell through the cracks in the system.

You're the lead attorney for a state that by itself would be part of the G20, your laws and ability to enforce them (for better or worse) significantly affect the entire nation, and your pet issue is truancy.

gently caress her.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1090056741688131584

gently caress this woman and gently caress her campaign.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Elizabeth Warren, who is probably only there to push the discourse slightly more to the left. Already dead because she engaged the DNA test controversy.

Kirsten Gillibrand, who has the best weather-vane sense of where the Democratic party is going. Seen as a saboteur because she called for Franken to resign in the wake of his sexual harassment allegations.

Cory Booker, who is currently campaigning at an investment firm or charter school near you.

Also, Vermin Supreme, who wants to give everyone free dental care and a pony.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You're not going to energize the Democratic base by putting Trump-but-Blue up there. You need to give people a reason to vote for you beyond "I'm not the other guy" and you do that through policy that people want to vote for.

Hillary ran on a combination of "I'm not Donald Trump" and "Weren't the past eight years good? Don't you want more of that?", and she lost. Part of that is that she's easily the most maligned politician (for just and unjust reasons) since Nixon. Part of that is that she ran a terrible campaign that had no substance and assumed that they had it in the bag and didn't need to fight for every vote.

For the majority of Americans, the eight years under Obama were bad. People aren't going to vote for more of the same if there's someone on the other side of the stage lying their rear end off about how much better things are going to be.

Give people something to vote for, Trump loses, and the Senate might actually be competitive. Put up a dipshit focus grouped centrist and it doesn't matter whether Trump loses or not because 2024 is plenty of time for the GOP to weaponize everything that's been revealed as broken under Trump, put a competent ghoul up there, and take advantage of the fact that dipshit centrist policies are what got us into this mess in the first place.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Remember that report of an officer charged in the case of another officer's death?

Turns out they played Russian Roulette.

They just somehow managed to gently caress up the basic concept of Russian Roulette.

https://twitter.com/CaseyNolen/status/1088939318452862978

I'm impressed they were smart enough to use a revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

There's an Oglaf about this exact situation