Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
Fun Shoe
Jim Webb would've been a good president. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Handsome Ralph posted:

I feel you. I have dual citizenship, and while I would loveeeee to buy a place in Nova Scotia one day, I'm not gonna do that on account of "Oh, Trump won and my politics aren't working out here, guess I'll just move to Canada to solve the problem."

I mean the idea that some people have that Canada doesn't have it's own set of issues and chuds is loving hilarious.

I know, have you SEEN some of those upcountry folk in Letterkenny?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
Why not both?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

ITT, deliberately lying and being evil is the same as counting wrong and then apologizing.

Not an empty quote.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
Welp send more advisors to AFRICOM I guess. :v:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Best Friends posted:

It's really saying something that in the age of trump, the dumbest sounding conservative commentators are the "intellectual" never trump guys, the kind who ran the house in the bush years.

Case in point:

https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/1082296110432047105?s=21

The wall at Randy's Bar with penis graffiti all over it is a wall too!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

This has been a thing for pretty much forever, although it definitely is made worse nowadays with wage stagnation and housing crises. But so many women go back to their abusers, or stay with their abusers longer than they otherwise would have, because of a lack of money. It's a terrible thing.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

The yellow vests protest in France have been flying under the radar, but they've been going at it for two months straight. I was actually in Paris when it was beginning to heat up and it was an interesting scene, although I never felt unsafe.

Anyway, gas leak or domestic terrorism? Who knows

47 injured

idk how to enbedd tweets so have this

Dress blues... in a hoodie... what the stupid gently caress?

I mean that's impressively stupid, and a great way to swindle money out of dumbfucks.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Bolow posted:

Cop Adjacent, guillotine

Oh for fucks sake.

Jesus Christ some of you are insufferable with this anti cop stuff. I dont know if it's your actual opinions or if you're just shitposting, or maybe a little bit of both, but I'm tired of seeing ACAB and "dead cops = really cool and good" poo poo. A lot of cops are racist scumbags, our criminal justice system has suffered from systemic racism from the start of the founding of our country, through the Civil War, on through reconstruction, through Jim Crowe, the start of the War on Drugs, up until today. There are overtly and fully conscious racists in every job, and there are in police. Maybe even a disproportionately higher number of racists, given that the majority of police tend to be conservative, and racists are, let's just say "overly represented" among conservatives.

There are also unconscious racist biases that literally everyone has to some degree or another, and a lot of the way policing has evolved over the course of the last nearly 50 years since the War on Drugs started disproportionately targets minority and poor communities. And because of that targeting, the lovely way we run our prisons (which lead to high recidivism rates), and the reality of addiction being a disease, that targeting can reinforce those racist biases. You keep arresting the same guys over and over, the crime keeps happening in the same neighborhoods and communities, and that conscious and / or unconscious racist bias becomes stronger if you're not self aware and / or intelligent enough to stand outside yourself and really contemplate why that is - JUST MAYBE crime happens more in minority and poor neighborhoods because of the way we have treated them over the last 300 loving years, what with lower quality under-funded schools, racist rear end school districting, a higher unemployment and poverty level, disenfranchisement, not enough access to early childhood education and good nutrition, a lack of access to good paying jobs, and a huge lack of access to healthcare and mental health care (and the stigma of seeking mental healthĺ, and the very way police departments and cities target low level crimes in the first place.

Look, a ton of cops are loving scumbags and I know a few of them, but not all are. There are good people out there just trying to do their jobs right. Hoping for their death to shitpost is one thing, but you guys are veterans. So many loving assholes dont give a gently caress when our troops die and think every single veteran is immoral or committed war crimes, and some edgelord fucks cheered it on when our guys died by the thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan. How do you feel about those people that love it when guys get blown up or mangled? Dont you see the similarity?

Maybe it's easier to just paint all cops as bad because it's simpler to paint the issue as black or white rather than what a lot of major issues are, which are shades of grey - nuanced, complicated, and difficult to solve. Maybe you think all cops are bad because they voluntarily signed up for a system that needs basically an entire restructuring from the ground up due to its major flaws, and you feel that anyone who signs up are morally culpable for their participation in that corrupt system. I can understand that point of view. I really can.

But I absolutely hate how every time there is a use of force incident, it's "kill the cop," "ACAB kill all cops." In several incidents over the last decade there have been several times where the cops should've been charged with 1st or 2nd degree murder, and other instances where manslaughter would've been appropriate, and the assholes got a way with it. gently caress those guys, they're wastes of space and oxygen. The lack of prosecution of actual, real deal police misconduct, and the slaps on the wrist for actual big crimes they get away with is a big loving issue. That needs to change, and electing progressive district attorneys can help with that, as we saw with that loving oval office of a cop in Dallas that murdered her neighbor.

But there are so many instances where a 30 second video clip from a bystander shows what gets claimed as "police brutality," and it turns out that nope, bodycam footage shows it was completely justified. I dont have a problem with Black Lives Matter as a group. Most morons who hate BLM apparently didnt understand the fact that their name basically means "black lives matter, too, you fucks, what is wrong with you, stop killing us for no reason?" Rather than "only black lives matter." The only problem I have is when protests start the night of the incident or the next day, for assholes who literally shot at cops and were actively a threat when they died, and the cops involved get death threats and doxxed for no goddamn reason. The loving preliminary reports aren't even out, much less the results of the internal and external investigation and autopsy. They lose credibility every time they do that. Or incidents where people who have no idea what policing is like, and have no ideas about the laws regulating use of force incidents, or other policies and procedures, and have no clue about firearms at all, come out and say "JUST SHOOT EM IN THE LEG PIGS GOD" or other dumb poo poo like they shouldn't have tazed them. All that ignorance is a loving constant feedback loop into their hatred for cops, when in reality if they took the time and listened or researched outside of their echo chamber, they'd realize those incidents weren't police brutality.

Long story not so short, policing and the criminal justice system in America is hosed, and until we end the War on Drugs and start treating addiction as a public health issue rather than a criminal one, things wont start to get better. Sentencing reform is also a huge issue. Mental health is the next biggest issue. So many of the guys in jail need to be in secure inpatient psychiatric facilities, not locked up with the general criminal population. Thank Uncle Ronnie Reagan for the start of that stupid loving poo poo. Sure, it's cheaper per year to just lock them up for $35-45k a year instead of probably double that for an inpatient psych facility, but in the long run it would be way more cost effective and better for society.

Access to early childhood education / universal pre-K, better nutrition and expanding free school lunches, not getting kids into the criminal justice system when they're just kids, passing universal healthcare and mental health care, will all reduce crime, particularly in the hardest hit communities that need them most. But all that is a pipe dream unless we get Dems elected and a majority in both houses.

I know this is probably going to get comparisons to a "hey but not ALL men! Hurr" post/argument, but I had to get this off of my chest. There's enough loving division in this world.

LOL NICE MELTDOWN

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 13, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
I just try to make a difference and I feel the need, as a far left progressive officer, to kind of bridge the gap and try to educate people when huge stories hit that yeah, that was a justified shooting given x y and z.

I guess I also should buy that shirt "I feel deeply conflicted about my service."

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

mods changed my name posted:

All Christians Are Bastards

Truly something we all can get behind

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
It's the beginning of the end for Miami, guys.

A $3 billion problem: Miami-Dade’s septic tanks are already failing due to sea rise

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article224132115.html

quote:

Miami-Dade has tens of thousands of septic tanks, and a new report reveals most are already malfunctioning — the smelly and unhealthy evidence of which often ends up in people’s yards and homes. It’s a billion-dollar problem that climate change is making worse.

As sea level rise encroaches on South Florida, the Miami-Dade County study shows that thousands more residents may be at risk — and soon. By 2040, 64 percent of county septic tanks (more than 67,000) could have issues every year, affecting not only the people who rely on them for sewage treatment, but the region’s water supply and the health of anyone who wades through floodwaters.

“That’s a huge deal for a developed country in 2019 to have half of the septic tanks not functioning for part of the year,” said Miami Waterkeeper Executive Director Rachel Silverstein. “That is not acceptable.”

Septic tanks require a layer of dirt underneath to do the final filtration work and return the liquid waste back to the aquifer. Older rules required one foot of soil, but newer regulations call for double that. In South Florida, there’s not that much dirt between the homes above ground and the water below.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
GET hosed NUNES

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
I really hope poo poo like the shutdown and some rear end in a top hat Republican gently caress coming out and saying "good, we need less government, gently caress government employees and essentially all federal agencies" is gonna make some Republican federal govt employees say "holy poo poo how am I in the same party as these loving nutjobs, maybe I should stop supporting people who literally want to take my job away."

Nah that'd take actual self awareness and gently caress if that's gonna come from dumbfuck Republicans like my fed sister in law who's literally on furlough and is racking up credit card bills because of pissbaby's shutdown.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

So does Russia have dirt on literally every politician everywhere, and/or is literally everyone so afraid of getting poloniumed to stand up to Russia?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Enjoy the mosquitos, mates.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/joeheim/status/1086651926538797061?s=21

When genocide wasn’t quite cruel enough so you gotta run up the score.

Holy gently caress this disgusting. Hopefully those kids die in a fiery bus crash on their way back.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
I am normally against doxing but I hope all of those kids names are put out and they all get rejected from colleges and jobs because of it.

I realize this makes me somewhat of a hypocrite considering I am normally against doxxing, but gently caress them.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Tide posted:

Of course you're (and probably everyone here) not going to watch the entire video because it will dispel the entire narrative being pushed. And we can't have that, can we?

So if you DO watch the video, you will find out that:
The black guys at the start of the video were yelling at the kids; calling them 'faggots', 'crackers', and the black kids 'niggers'. Spouting off about homosexuality...basically lots of hatred. The school group boos them down, protect their black classmates.

Then the natives step in (about 1:10 in). The blacks see the possible situation in front of them, and kind of egg the natives on. The native drummer approaches the kids and gets inches away from the kid that is now (in)famous in the photo. Then someone yells 'Look at the MAGA hats!', trying to add gas to the situation. The kids aren't quite sure to make of the situation and start doing the FSU (and I guess Atlanta Braves) tomahawk chop, not knowing/being able to see clearly the situation in front of them. Or just being stupid kids.

Then the staredown.

None of the kids were yelling 'BUILD THE WALL!!" or anything else. The kids didn't encircle anyone. They pushed their way to the center. The kid wasn't anymore disrespectful to the native drummer than the drummer was to him. Has he got a smarmy grin on his face? Maybe.

Probably uncomfortable with the situation and reacted the way only a teenager can when the drummer starts yelling at them to "Go back to Europe" and to 'get the gently caress out of my face with that poo poo!

So the virtue signaling left, trying to one up each other, are all up in a hissy fit about all this. Youtube is pulling the video off. Facebook is removing it. MSM is only showing parts of it, and not the entire video. Even you fucks in this thread are talking about calling/writing the school basis what MSM is telling or showing you - which is so far from the truth, it's not even funny.

When Trump and Republicans yell 'fake news!'? Well, this is it. This is what drives it. See the latest Buzzfeed fiasco.

It ain't the right yanking this down off youtube, facebook, etc. The right isn't trying to control the news. Because they don't.

So, no, the super doesn't need to be fired. The kids shouldn't have walked away, and kowtow'd down to these people. The kids did what was RIGHT. You want to blame KIDS for the actions of ADULTS that instigated the whole thing? You want to dox all those involved that did nothing wrong?

I now present to you the patron saint of GiP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

Source your quotes.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Lol at that buffoon listening for anything for 15 minutes

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not even practical, there's no loving way it would result in a net gain. Within a day there would be a thousand different ways to bypass it available on the internet.

Yeah but they dont know that.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
The Secret Service would not allow him to be tossed out of the House.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

colachute posted:

I don't think AOC makes sense with her talk of billionaires being uneth--

https://www.wsj.com/articles/billionaire-ken-griffin-buys-americas-most-expensive-home-for-238-million-11548271301

That is equivalent to almost 2000 years of leases on the 3br townhouse I had in college, or 2000 one year leases if you want to look at it like that.

Somethingsomething homeless veterans somethingseomething.

With that much money he could have built a massive underground Fallout style vault stocked for 50 years worth of food, water, fuel, vehicles, guns, ammo, and supplies to survive the coming global warming apocalypse... and the dude buys a loving penthouse lmao what a stupid gently caress

Maybe I've been playing too much Fallout New Vegas and reading too much climate apocalypse poo poo.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Good thing Reagan shut down almost all of the state run mental institutions!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

DoktorLoken posted:

I'm going to guess this is more drugs and less mental health.

The two often go hand in hand. Many people who are mentally ill, especially those with schizophrenia, self-medicate with alcohol or drugs.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

bird food bathtub posted:

It's still caving under pressure and Dems finally showing some kind of spine-like evolutionary precursor. Might be the same possibility three weeks from now but the lockstep "go gently caress yourself" response makes it much less likely going forward.

lmao

amazing

depressing but so loving true

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
Never trust anyone who says "it's just common sense" when trying to argue for a policy

WALLS WORK :downs:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
lmao his idea of human trafficking is probably from Taken

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
is it okay to pray for a stroke if you're an atheist?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
lmao "IF I DONT GET MY PISSBABY WAY IM GOING TO BURN THIS MOTHERFUCKER DOWN ON FEB 15" - Our POTUS

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

McNally posted:

Aw poo poo did I stop watching too soon?

What'd I miss?

We're gonna have a "big powerful wall or steel barrier, whatever you wanna call it" because of a fake emergency at the border because Trump wants to have a win. If he doesn't get his way, by Congress passing a bill including wall funding by Feb 15th, he's gonna use his emergency powers to solve a fake emergency by wasting billions of dollars on a wall that won't deter narco traffickers in the slightest, and will only inconvenience them.

Cool stuff, really.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
I wonder if any Border Patrol dudes are ever like "Patrolling the Mojave makes me wish for a nuclear winter."

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1iE5cvWCh0

Press conference starts at around 26:20 minutes left if anyone missed it and wants to watch it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
Yeah I dont get it. It's a serviceable macro brew. Like equal quality to Yuengling.

Local stuff is almost always better.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
Deepfakes were funny when it was just putting actor's faces on other actors' movies (Nic Cage stuff, or porn movies). But this poo poo is alarming, and the average American is dumb as loving dog poo poo. These people can't understand that FREEDOMEAGLENEWS.AMERICA is full of poo poo, once they see actual videos... it's gonna make things way worse than they were in the 2016 election.

And we have a Moron In Chief at the helm who is actively harming efforts to reduce foreign interference in our media and elections. We're hosed.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
I hope he goes off the rails completely during the speech.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Lmao how loving clueless do you have to be

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe

Lmao

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
It's a good thing I'm not on Twitter because I would reply "hey, remember when you lost you dumb ignorant oval office?" And some MAGA gently caress would doxx me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Fun Shoe
Schultz is a loving idiot and I really hope he doesn't run as an independent. I really hope he doesn't run at all.