Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Worst part is Crunchyroll is doing all this over maybe $400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

It's important to set the precedent that no one working for you can ever expect fair pay

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Related

https://twitter.com/anairis_q/statu...ingawful.com%2F

gently caress off Crunchyroll

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I think the important information being missed is that Kyle was actually being offered offered more money for the role than the union contract would've asked for...provided he did not sign up with a union contract.

It's not Crunchy being stingy, it's Crunchy not wanting to hire someone who's part of a union. Which to be clear is still just as lovely.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it CR or is it Sony?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

I think the important information being missed is that Kyle was actually being offered offered more money for the role than the union contract would've asked for...provided he did not sign up with a union contract.

It's not Crunchy being stingy, it's Crunchy not wanting to hire someone who's part of a union. Which to be clear is still just as lovely.

i think that's worse tbh

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Hey wait, speaking of recasts, did they ever hint at who would fill in for Reigen?

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 21, 2022

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I don't recall CR ever actually announcing that Niosi was let go even before this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Niosi is based in LA, so he's gone if they're shifting to an entirely Texas cast.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Waltzing Along posted:

Is it CR or is it Sony?

For all that it matters post-merger, it's technically Funimation. The dubbing is done at their Texas studio and they've infamously always refused to work with unions. They now do all of the simuldubs for CR post-merger.

Which is to say, it's all of the above.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I can’t pretend I understand logistics, but I always thought Texas itself was the problem since it’s an anti-union state (or right to work I guess?). Although it’s more complicated when you’re outsourcing the actual dubbing to a Californian studio like with M100.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i mean unions aren't, like, illegal

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Funimation is in Texas because they can get away with this poo poo very easily there.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 22, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwwZU7YgC6A

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Good lord that trailer shows a lot

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The painted shot at 1:32 is amazing.

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
I am unreasonably hyped for this season. And I think this OP is the best of the three as well. Which is really, REALLY saying something.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Full OP is officially up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB4VaN_qV3Q

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mob good.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Shere posted:

Funimation is in Texas because they can get away with this poo poo very easily there.

so, so glad I decided against moving to that shithole

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

olives black posted:

so, so glad I decided against moving to that shithole

As the years go by, you will be gladder and gladder. Their power grid is not set up for the conditions of now, let alone the conditions to come, and I don't see Texas investing in infrastructure any time soon.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

bright side to living in texas: the food culture is great and there's a lot of cool texas-specific companies (not having an heb sounds awful)

downside: literally everything else

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Does anyone want to make a season 3 thread? If not I can whip up something tomorrow.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I hear Austen is generally a pretty great city even if its no longer quite right like how it was depicted in Slackers.

I think Mob should considering becoming a Guidance Counsellor.

Did Reigen actually last season develop some kind of minor affinity for spirits to be able to see the big spirit this episode; or was the big one just so big that even Reigen could see it?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Edit: got mixed up

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I need to see that animation. They've both been fantastic so far.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I hear Austen is generally a pretty great city even if its no longer quite right like how it was depicted in Slackers.

Did Reigen actually last season develop some kind of minor affinity for spirits to be able to see the big spirit this episode; or was the big one just so big that even Reigen could see it?

Reigen has been able to see spirits ever since Mob supercharged him during the first Claw arc

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raenir Salazar posted:

At the end of season 1, after mob gave his powers to reigan,he could see some spirits like dimple

E:f;b

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I took a short vacation there a few years ago to see if I'd want to move there and... nah.

It's Ann Arbor, Michigan with a lot of dance-friendly bars and some admittedly good BBQ places. I don't enjoy dancing or public drinking, and the BBQ doesn't outweigh Texas' many other faults.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

austin traffic is loving terrible and rent prices just keep shooting straight up. the people are generally pretty cool though, it's hard to quantify the value of a fun city culture.

i don't think it's a terribly interesting vacation spot i will say

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Banger episode. This was mostly an original story, right?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

Banger episode. This was mostly an original story, right?

Nah this was an actual chapter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Evrart Claire posted:

Nah this was an actual chapter.

Its been way too long, huh.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the artist handling the ed managed to outdo herself this season. absolutely gorgeous

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/kellyonelani/status/1580230330904375296?s=20&t=rs5TpbBStfGfnE30AlOZIQ

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

That note also shows up in the middle of the song (around 1:30 in the full version) wildly out of tempo with the rest of it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That's the good poo poo I love about this show

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So far so good. Is Dimple going to posses the broccoli or something? That'd be wild.

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019

Julias posted:

Does anyone want to make a season 3 thread? If not I can whip up something tomorrow.

You need 3 episodes to be released before starting a new thread for something, thats the anime rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kneelbeforezog posted:

You need 3 episodes to be released before starting a new thread for something, thats the anime rules.

Ngl I forgot about this lol. I'll make something quick tonight