Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Thank you Something Awful forums poster Expect My Mom for hyping this show and getting me to watch the first season after I dropped it because of episode 1. It f&#king owns.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can someone post the manga page from this episode

You know the one

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I love Mob Psycho 100 so much

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xarbala posted:

I love Mob Psycho 100 so much

This is correct.

I'll admit, though, I was a little disappointed with how the finish to Shinji's arc went. If I remember right it had a tiny bit more room to breathe in the manga, and that let it feel like a satisfying event in its own right rather than just part of Mob's story.

But when a show's this good, it does feel kinda nitpicky to even bring it up.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

pretty great first episode. only disappointment is no crazy oil paint animation, those sequences were one of my favorite things from the first season so i hope they didn't get dropped

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You mean like the guys in the goofing off club, when they are told Mob has a girlfriend?

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

This page got redrawn into 5 pages.

Probably my favorite set of pages in the manga.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Theowulv posted:

Yeah this is one of my favorite scenes in the series and the animated version was loving beautiful. Love the music that plays during it + the ED bleed in.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Mob reaching through the panels is a great touch.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Theowulv posted:

goddamn, mangadex needs to update their stuff, this owns

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sindai posted:

I'm no expert but the production values of that episode seemed amazing.

my favorite part of the OP is the cast dominoing away from the point of view

Same here. That stood out immediately to me even with all of the awesome insanity going on around it. Great way to quickly show off everyone, including new characters without giving anything away! I really dislike super spoilery OPs...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can someone post the manga page from this episode

You know the one

Theowulv posted:

This is the best page in the entire series, thank you

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Mob reaching through the panels is a great touch.

ONE may have some... unique art skills in general but his paneling and shot composition is top tier:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's not the best page in the manga but it's drat good.

There's a lot of drat good in this manga. Especially if you wanna smooch Reigen

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's only been one episode and Redraw Reigen is back

https://twitter.com/kellyonelani/status/1082163679586471936
https://twitter.com/kirstene_art/status/1080620029916393472
https://twitter.com/wringtingting/status/1082518154637500417

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hardcore Training Montage

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mob is very good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kashuno posted:

Mob is very good.

This is directly pointed out by the opening and hell, it is right. The Mob is right.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Mob is very good.

He is the best

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Kashuno posted:

Mob is very good.

Just emptyquote this on every page because it will never not be true

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Studio Megaane hits it out of the park because everything related to Mob must also be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1IPqCzMPmE

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Storyboards for the opening:
https://note.mu/memine_/n/n9b7713ff11c9

Sadly, Google translate does not work on this page, at least for me.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

google translate told me this:

quote:

Mobsaiko Ⅱ OP Production Confidential ①

Yuzuru Tachikwa

2019/01 / 12 00: 11
Director Tatsukawa Joe.

It is a secret story to Osushi, but it is something like a production memo. Since I was originally forgetful, I decided to publish it to ntoe as a sentence with a record meaning. I'd like to write ② soon.

Concept
This time I have no time but I was troubled with difficulty saying "I do not want to power down." It was almost useless time, I'm sorry LOL As a result, I decided to take over the previous concept of "surprising picture full of superb ability" "surprise box" and further add "illusion" to the concept.

By the way, the key visual theme is also an illusion, but I'd like to put it together at another opportunity.

Zotorope
It is the starting point of animation that decorates the opening of the zootrope. The zotorope is good soon, this cut came floating. It is this cut that I finished writing in the first place.
At first I was going to handwriting, but no one wanted to do it (so) So we abandoned and changed to CG.

But I think that it was good as a result. CG ordered with cheep, had a LEGO-like image but it was the initial virtual fighter that came up

I adopted it because I was laughing at Lopori after a long absence and it became the present shape. It was CG's ad-lib that let me dance to the building. Thankfully.

By the way, I really wanted to make it appear to move with illusion, but it is difficult with animation frame rate (24k), so I reflect on that I should have worked with 30 frames. Well, still I do not know if it can be realized because I think that we need a rather sophisticated calculation. I wonder if someone will make a three-dimensional ghibli art museum ~ ~

Rubik's Cube
I thought that Motobaico does not seem to introduce usual characters, and motivated classic toys as motifs.
In this cut I thought that I would draw a piece as a solid, the next cut would contribute to the illusion by handling it on the plane, but in the first place the image itself is a flat surface, and the effect in that sense was not lol

How many times should I change the face, I thought about the condition, but as I was protecting it, the movement was pretty modest, so I prefer the fun of the picture rather than reasoning. Thank you for 10GAUGE ~.

In addition to Mob and Spirituality, Kameda also wrote Ritsu, Tel, Ekbo. The details have changed variously from the stove.

Slide animation Although
it is also called optical animation and there are various names, it is a technology that has been from quite a long time ago. It is also used for children's picture books, so I got inspiration from there.

This cut is actually made visible by motion illusion.
Since it seemed to move unless the conditions were satisfied, it was found that it was only established in 9 k cycles when the test was done, so it became a drawing in a state where the timing can not be shifted together with the passing speed of the bar.

Actual processing displays all of the movement in motion and makes it silhouette. I do things like something like pulling out the bar as a mask. (It may be meaningless)

Domino

This OP made the most tiring cut. We divide 40 domino characters into 3 animators, objects passing through, and multiple animators such as speaker-like emotions explosion.

Since Domino alone collapses with 8 characters of 1 character, it is 8 × 40 = 320 pieces. Well, it's calorie high.

If you say that you want a character to collapse in drawing, is it insane? I got a phone calling like anger, but I pushed forward with a pushing stomach 笑 っ と い っ と コ ン に "When I divide in two rows I write a parse" I wrote something, but it was a lie

I think that it became a lively and luxurious feeling owing to the drawing.
I am putting a reaction to what falls for each character. If you do not mind, please look closely.

It is regrettable that part drawing can not be seen because of the character before collapse, but as we delay Domino, matching with music is subtle, so we are making it at this timing weeping.

Because the city gathered in the back, it was necessary to divide the material in the background as well. I think that it is a cut that became a burden for various sections, such as drawing, art, shooting.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Came for more cool fights, quirkiness, and deadpan comedy. Stayed for those, but also the very good feels. That last scene was pure, distilled adolescence.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Reigen is too pure for this planet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good episodic poo poo today. Reigen Saikou.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

My vague memories and other people's firmer ones say that this week's episode had some notable changes, but it still worked pretty well.

By which I mean it was amazing.

Odd thing, though, is that the animation effects for the entangling made Reigen's competitor seem like the real deal, if, well, weak. Meanwhile, my vague memories of the manga say that his technique there was treated like Reigen's salt punch, IE, a bunch of hooey.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

My vague memories and other people's firmer ones say that this week's episode had some notable changes, but it still worked pretty well.

By which I mean it was amazing.

Odd thing, though, is that the animation effects for the entangling made Reigen's competitor seem like the real deal, if, well, weak. Meanwhile, my vague memories of the manga say that his technique there was treated like Reigen's salt punch, IE, a bunch of hooey.

Well, a lot of this stuff is just a panel or two in the manga anyway so not really enough action conveyed by him to confirm if he's the real deal or not, but pretty sure "real deal but pretty weak" is about what the bulk of the psychic union guys are supposed to be, similar to the artificial espers in the claw hideout

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Reigen loves dogs!

And yeah, I remember that guy was always actually psychic, just really weak. It's how they can get away with charging ten times over what Reigen actually makes because they can actually prove they're psychics

Also, a neat thing the anime has done: the next two or three chapters are mostly just Mob dealing with various exorcisms of the week as the next arc slowly builds, but Bones has been putting those throughout (the spirit in the Girls Academy, and the spirit on farm), so next weeks episode can jump right into the next inciting action

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I love it when they are conceptually clever

https://twitter.com/j__nnj/status/1083235957221048320

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did you all see that dog? :kimchi:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did you all see that dog? :kimchi:

I did, and so did Reigen.

Seeing Reigen once again act like a proper adult is great, and he basically stole the whole episode in his usual, but intense, combination of being a proper, responsible adult and someone who puts actual effort into helping his clients, and a complete conman that wants to get money in his fake business. The whole Terror thing was great, really. The other psychic guy turned out to be much nicer than I expected too, and seeing how he appears in the ending I'm guessing we'll see him again sooner than later, which I'm completely fine with. Dimple is also a very nice and very competent ghost.

This series just has the nicest people in it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I was actually relieved to see Shinra live. I didn't think he would actually die, given the fakeout with the telepathic twins last season, but Dimple was cutting it real close there. I just got a kick out of the entire fight with the Dragger, really. Watching that rosy-cheeked chubster leap around was a treat for the senses. Didn't hold a candle to the confrontation with Dash Granny, though.

I'm already getting bummed out just from that episode preview. Never feels good to see Mob get pushed around. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reigen
the perfect boy

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I love how despite the comedy, these spirits are still treated as the real deal.
That entire dragger sequence was better handled than the entirety of the Junji Ito collection.

Also, what a good dog!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Reigen just likes dogs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mordaedil posted:

Reigen just likes dogs.

Well, of course. He's the best and him having good taste in animals is unsurprising.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Dimple owns

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope the animators are paid and well fed jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Reigan's geocities-rear end webpage made me choke

He could use some spinning fire or something to really make it pop.