Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gonna try actually using this thread this year to motivate me to finish poo poo rather than have like 20 in progress games at all times

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
3. Tokyo Xanadu Ex+
4. Atelier Rorona
5. Timespinner
6. Heartbeat
7. The Missing
8. Tales of Vesperia
9. Atelier Totori
10. Atelier Meruru
11. Tales of Hearts R
12. Tales of the Abyss
13. Hypnospace Outlaw
14. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
15. Atelier Sophie
16. Virtue's Last Reward
17. Zero Time Dilemma
18. Zero no Kiseki

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

vertigear black ops zipline into your house and blow away your 800 bucket seat race car gaming chair then inform mom you need to get a job within 30 days or face the consequences for failing to floss (FTF)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

finished ace attorney 3, that was definitely the best one of the trilogy and the last case was insanely good. gonna take a break from the series for a bit before playing 4-6 i think.

also finished tokyo xanadu ex, its pretty far down the list of Falcom games id recommend to ppl who don't have otaku brainworms but i enjoyed it. there's some fun tag-fighter-y mechanics to the combat that i kinda hope they roll into the next Ys game since it sells the character swapping gameplay better than Ys 8 did.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Timespinner

pretty good indie castlevania, its got the ~vibes~ down

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

you: a complete idiot, playing terrible multiplayer lootbox games with friends
me: a genius, playing brilliant jrpgs, visual novels, indie treasures, retro consoles, and classic puzzle games, has no need for friends

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

anyone who still thinks their individual choices as consumers have any impact on what types of games get made is too far gone to be helped

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

epic

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

no wonder everyone at blizzard is getting laid off today

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

this is hotlinked from your own discord chat

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tales of vesperia definitive edition

this had its moments but overall its super clumsy and i don't think its one of the better games in the series. berseria is still my fav by far

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Tfw the troll goes horribly wrong and ppl start talking about their favorite European pc games

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i love the tracks in rising, it feels like the tropical freeze of Trials in how varied and detailed they are. shame about the bullshit progression layer but you can mostly ignore it up until you have to grind to unlock the last couple sets of tracks

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i went back and won a couple games on like version .20 and then there was some sort of mutiny where the devs made some controversial changes and now there's like 50 forks of the game and i tuned it back out for good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the onluy thing more epic than pc gaming is open source gaming

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the only perfect video game is The Fool's Errand (1987)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mycophobia posted:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

good game. dumb story but its also kind of cool. doing flash moves and flash guards is very satisfying. ending was incredibly unsatisfying but thats prolly cuz i didnt bother with any sidequests; maybe ill do the ng+ at some point.

yeah the true ending is the actual ending but you have to do like 2/3rds of the side quests to get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i was on the fools errand guy's email mailing list for like a decade but he stopped sending them out or updating his site last year, i hope he's okay