Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ooh what's this food, tasty yum, satisfying squish and burst of fluid in my mouth.

Who turned out the lights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Well they say people get dogs that look like them so uhhh *looks awkwardly around the forums*

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

but my dog is generally agreeable and old and infirm and smells terrible and is a neurotic mess

wait

oh

dang

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Jonny 290 posted:

get yourself a good lab or even a chihuahua, something solid that won't get blinded by an annoyed housecat

Chihuahuas are cursed yappy hellbeasts and also, aren't they as inbred and prone to failure as those others?

Source: room renter has a stupid chihuahua that has needed 7k spinal surgery and at least 5k in some sort of blood replacement therapy in the past year. She's got it on Chinese herbs now so hopefully it'll shuffle off this mortal coil soon.

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

Dachshunds: thoughts?

(If you actually manage their diet they don't get hosed up backs/joints)

((They're stomachs on legs))

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
not the most cyberpunk of dogs

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im a poodle guy

as a kid I never thought I'd grow up to be a poodle guy but here we are

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
poodles are smart as gently caress fwiw

but i mostly think ppl should stay away from “breeds” though except working breeds and those breeds that are basically “generic dingo style dog but not feral”

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i won't argue that cause you're right, but as long as shelters and rescues have poodlish dogs in them ill give them a place to live 🤷‍♀️

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Yeah aren't poodles considered the smartest? At least by that one list done by some British guy in the early 1900s or w/e

Conversely, dachshunds are on the same list, but rather at the very bottom. Can confirm, I had a dachshund for a few years and he was so dumb, he didn't even know how to play fetch. But he made up for it by being an incredibly cuddly boy, and helped me through some pretty lovely times.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

nah they're usually #2 after border collies. but very smart dogs for sure. unlike retrievers and stuff they don't care as much about having your approval though which can be a bit of challenge. they still want to please mostly, but they don't live for human approval like goldens do or live to do the job oh god please give me a job like border collies do

posing with yosmas gifts:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Switzerland posted:

Yeah aren't poodles considered the smartest? At least by that one list done by some British guy in the early 1900s or w/e

Conversely, dachshunds are on the same list, but rather at the very bottom. Can confirm, I had a dachshund for a few years and he was so dumb, he didn't even know how to play fetch. But he made up for it by being an incredibly cuddly boy, and helped me through some pretty lovely times.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I heard that ranking was done with a weight on command responsiveness which dachshunds are terrible at since they can be quite stubborn, so not good for certain working rolls but it gives them strong personality in my experience

theyre like little dog noodles and I light up when I see one

maybe theyd be more cyberpunk as runners since theyre small and fast and can weasel through things

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I've never met a nice shorthair dachshund or a lovely long hair one. is that how they generally are or just a weird sample set?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol yeah

pugs are a loving health nightmare, doing anything to propagate them is haram

you may not like it but this is peak canine health :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuNRzo9REH8

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lmao im the "euuugHHHHHHHHHHHH" at the end

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

if i wanted to try taking care of some inbreeding i'd adobe a british royal

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Bulgakov posted:

you may not like it but this is peak canine health :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuNRzo9REH8

poor mammal with its vestigial and useless nasal airway

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Achmed Jones posted:

posing with yosmas gifts:

These pillows are magnificent

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
having pets is pretty anti-cyberpunk

now, an aibo maybe...

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

how is your neo-future cyberpunk life in VR, psi?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My cat is chipped so she’s technically a cyborg

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
Oh dang, it's pretty sweet! I've got some prescription lens inserts on the way and will soon be building a new machine to drive it at more than the half-resolution I have been so far; it's still impressive as hell so I can't imagine what it'll look like eventually. Plus I think I've finally figured out how best to use the knuckle controllers, which work great but aren't as 100% 'just strap it on and it works' as I'd thought at first (mostly you need to be moving your fingers regularly to let things recalibrate, paying attention to haptic feedback to let you know when you've hit the edge of some envelope).

Arizona Sunshine kicks rear end and I love making friends play with it while I offer pointers, thanks again for that :cool:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://twitter.com/AndyRichter/status/1207064547011350528

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i bought that bag posted a while back and today i got a pishing text themed around import charges. i wonder who could have given the scammers my number and the fact that i was ordering something into the country??

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

daugmented

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

it probably says something about me that my most played vr game is american truck simulator
i mean, other than that i should buy some more vr games

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Add me on steam if you have a VR hat, I want to try out the cinema screen sharing in Bigscreen (its free to download)

Same there as here, my brand experience

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

gonadic io posted:

i bought that bag posted a while back and today i got a pishing text themed around import charges. i wonder who could have given the scammers my number and the fact that i was ordering something into the country??

Maybe they just assume that type of thing will be common this time of year and it's a coincidence?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh my god jc a dog

Achmed Jones posted:

I've never met a nice shorthair dachshund or a lovely long hair one. is that how they generally are or just a weird sample set?

a good question! ive mostly known short hairs that were pretty chill but they can be defensive as a breed and that high energy is a lot too

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Agile Vector posted:

oh my god jc a dog

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

who needs wintermute

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1210100935277645824

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1210206267626708994

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

36ABV; not great, not terrible.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Going to wild rear end guess 36ABV is the max they can concentrate it without going over some radiation limit.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

taqueso posted:

Going to wild rear end guess 36ABV is the max they can concentrate it without going over some radiation limit.

this post is not great, also terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted: