Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Would be very keen on a central defender and a creative midfielder. Hopefully we can ship ozil off to China or something to pay for it.

Expecting that we make zero signings though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Has godin fallen off a cliff or is he going to the be the centerpiece of the treble winning arsenal side of 2019-2020?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I thought Pammy drained all his youthful seed to get over the menopause then chucked him IIRC.

Papers saying Denis Suarez from Barca to Arsenal for £20m, which is interesting but not the most urgent area we need to address.

I dunno we have a pretty glaring lack of any kind of creativity in midfield.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Thanks for Ramsey again btw

Ramsey is a decent squad player with one standout season. Really not all that fussed with him leaving

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I guess he just never struck me as a player who would merit those kind of wages.

Free transfers often get huge wages which is why everyone's so keen to run down their contracts these days.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

If this is true and I was an Arsenal fan I'd be justifiably annoyed at him, but in all honesty I have a lot of respect for people that follow the Winston Bogarde philosophy of life.

I mean he was playing like poo poo then stepped up just before be got that ridiculous deal and has gone back to being bad so it's pretty believable. No way does he get anything like what he's on anywhere else in the world based on his last 2 season's performances

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bundy posted:

Vela was Barca's second choice after Higuain went to Chelsea

Did la Liga make some rule that they have to play a center forward instead of 10 midfielders or something?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Cardiff's record signing Emiliano Sala may have been on a plane that disappeared on the way from Nantes to Cardiff

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-emiliano-sala-missing-plane-13890171

Aside from the obvious tragedy of this if the plane did crash, would Cardiff be able to get their money back? Or is this going to be the worst signing of the season

Cardiff is on the coast so you never know the currents might mean he turns up eventually

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

brasstassels posted:

So what's going on with Rabiot? Rumors are flying all over the place but it's unlikely he's going to Barca since they signed de Jong. He said the premier league is "beneath him" so who does that leave? Bayern?

Anyone who signs him is an idiot

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

MrBling posted:

https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco_EN/status/1088507154791911424

RIP Thierry. You were given a poo poo job and couldn't succeed.

Time to go back to Sky or whatever.

I mean I could totally see him crashing and burning but iirc he's literally down to the youth team in terms of players

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/1088550262191652864?s=19

Off to YouTube I go

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/mjcritchley/status/1089087689754898432?s=19

lol

Wonder why that is pep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently Özil turned down a loan move to PSG :allears:

I wish he'd gently caress off OP