Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Burt posted:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it you think you haven't had covid then you haven't because I have yet to meet anyone who got it and them say "I never knew I had it" as it seriously drops you on your arse.

Also get well soon goon friends.

Asymptomatic covid is real and documented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rtV8nDScc

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Ankle supporting hiking shoes/boots are never a bad call if you plan on doing excursions on uneven ground. I favor Merrell shoes for every day wear.

edit: a word about whether to purchase waterproof footwear: if you'll be in a situation where your feet getting wet is a rapid threat to life or mobility, or if you're going to be in a situation where if your feet get wet you will not have an opportunity to dry out your shoes and/or feet for days, get waterproof. If you're going to be someplace warm and breathing is more important and you can dry your shoes/feet out in a reasonable amount of time, do not get waterproof shoes.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 29, 2023

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't remember where we were having the conversation or when, but I remember there was a long conversation on shipping pallets.

Did we ever come to a consensus on what the best pallet was among the logistics goons?

The answer is like an adult diaper.

It depends.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Nystral posted:

I thought the industry had decided that the blue ones were best because they were lift-able from all sides making loading / unloaded faster / easier because they didn't have to maneuver the pallet jacks as much. But this is half remembered from a planet money podcast close to 5 years ago.

Oh sure, those are great. For that application. There are a ton of different pallets for different purposes.

I'm about to show you some voodoo poo poo that is probably illegal in Russia.

http://www.generalcontainer.com/liquid-totes.html
Bam, look at that strange beast. Whatever could it be for? I'm sure you could solve whatever problem that's addressing with a pencil.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Always load up your disability dossier. You don't win until you fill out the pokedex.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm planning on visiting the Bay of Fundy is October, but I don't want to go all the way around to the east side of the bay, since it's going to be a day trip from Maine. Any recommendations for tide watching spots and or places to eat either on the west or north side of the bay?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
50 feet, depending where at in the bay you visit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Toto is the brand that dominates the Japanese toilet seat game ime

I bless the rains down where the sun don't shine.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So this bout of covid hasn't been too terrible. 24 hours of aches and fatigue, 24 more hours of complete congestion, shivers, more aches and even more fatigue, followed by a baseline of moderate snottiness. No fever, no loss of taste, but I have been stuck with a persistent taste of aspirin in my mouth. Brushing and mouthwash only provide momentary relief, and I haven't taken any aspirin products at all during this.

FrozenVent posted:

I’m gonna have them replace the insulation, the water seeped through.

Issue is, the ceiling’s plaster is 1% asbestos so

ah crap, is there any kind of government assistance with residential abatement available?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

I tell you guys, after age 40 the phrase "roid rage" takes on a whole new meaning.
Butt wipes might be bad for plumbing, but they're good for your well being.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You need an MBA and 13 years experience for entry level jobs now, haven't you heard?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I find working in an office just fine. The only real problem is trying to maneuver around the furniture when I'm working overhead running the network cables. It's a lot easier before they move everything in, but all things considered, it's not so bad.

The real advantage is that I don't need any special lift equipment, unlike in the factory. I just need a ladder, some pull rods, and I'm good to go for whatever I need to do in there.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You're missing out on an excellent opportunity to teach from a very young age that life is unfair.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I got a turkey dinner for the first time in two years this Xmas, so that was nice!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Important dad question:
If I make chili with harissa instead of chili powder, is it still chili, or would it then be some kind of mutant tajine?

It's just chili paste instead of chili powder. If it tastes good don't over think it. I made Chili on New Year's day, and I used the Chili Queen recipe, so no beans, big chunks of pork and beef, and I ground up my chilis in a molcajete that I happen to own. I will never use ground beef in chili again. Not that it's bad, but the big chunks are so much better, even if I choose to make a bean and tomato based chili.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

So seeing another USAA Gronk I figured I'd ask, what's a better home and auto insurance company?

I've used USAA for home/renters and auto for a long time but it seems to keep increasing without benefits. When I've had to make claims they've been fine but that is the bare minimum imo

We're about to close on our home in Delaware so seemed to be a good time to change it out made sense

I gotta be honest, USAA has been great for me. I've had to make claims on both home and auto insurance and not only has the service been good, but my rates are as cheap or cheaper than anyone else. Also, they're one of the few decent companies that will underwrite homes in my state.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

Do you have an even lamer fat ground bird than a kiwi?

How can you forget the amorous kakapo?

:parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

Arnt those the parasitic parrots that feed on sheep blood?

Well I guess that’s a metaphor but it’s awfully mean spirited.

How the hell can goons forget this majestic birb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY

They're flightless, not parasitic, and their mating call is a loud BOOM sound. They're also very round.

edit: they turn into full on borbs when they boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IEk57nYb8o

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 9, 2024