Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

What difficulty are you playing on?

I made a few submissions, including one from Jade Star's LP. And speaking of that, I would highly suggest that you make backups of your save file just in case you run into technical issues. Just because you're playing from an ironman perspective doesn't mean that you need to be hindered by computer crashes or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Black Robe posted:

Well, Nat's just tempted fate by taunting the LP gods, we're off to an excellent start here.
At least he's not Jade "JAIDS" Star. If there was an issue to be found, whether it was from hardware failures or rare inexplicable glitches, he would reliably find it.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Soul Reaver posted:

Might keep an eye on this but I feel you're missing out by not playing with WotC. It adds a ton of really great stuff.

My first playthrough was with WotC and Shen's Last Gift DLCs both active and boy howdy it was a ride.

Oh, and beware the TRUE enemy lurking in plain sight...

You haven't lived with seagulls, have you? They're even worse than pigeons.

Bruceski posted:

Sounds like he's learned how to XCOM2 perfectly.

The game can be played surgically, inching forward and taking no shot riskier than 95%, even with mission timers once you get used to it there's a lot of leeway. But nothing's more of a rush than screwing everything up and having to figure out how to screw it back down.
The previous XCOM 2 LP referred to this as "XCOM claw", ie Tab -> Y to set everyone to overwatch. Both commentators agreed that XCOM 2's attempts to alleviate that were worthwhile and appreciated.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Akratic Method posted:

Operation DEMON WHEEL in the Eastern US

Look at it this way: the reward for the other mission is intel, but doing this one keeps intel costs from doubling plus gives you supplies.

(Also, I have faith that you won't kill so many people that double-price recruits is going to hurt much, as Tea said)
Seconding this. Intel is, if nothing else, used for contacting regions and that in return is a great investment.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Stocks are amazing for exactly the reasons you think. Having that extra failsafe really helps when mathing out how best to stomp out an enemy pod.

If you're looking for some really weird mission names, ask Jade Star about the pool he had during his LP. A third of them were vulgar and most of the rest were absurd.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Doobie Keebler posted:

I voted lightning hands because free actions are one of the most valuable things you can have available. Doubly so if it does damage.
Praise the Lord action economy and pass the ammunition!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Suppression is very much the better skill.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, Man Whore was a callback to Jade Star's LP and looked just as silly there.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The ability to put Julian in a Spark is amazing and I will not hear you say otherwise. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The shot percentage is dodgy due to how it counts overwatch shots and other reactions, IIRC. Successful reaction shots get counted but failed ones don't, so if for example you hit with 15/20 shots but also had 5+ successful reaction shots then that gives you 100% shot percentage.

Dead Reckoning posted:

I vote research codex brain instead of sectopod breakdown.
Seconding this. (vvEdit: Mostly to be cheeky, I voted when it was current.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 25, 2019