Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Wondering how that systemic failure interfaces with ~10 years of public institutions being barred from hiring to contrast generational turnover.

People I've known in the ministries always told me the situation was pretty dire to them. As in, can barely manage to keep the lights on, running on skeleton crews etc. Can't imagine it being much different for enti locali, if not just much more visibly an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

Wondering how that systemic failure interfaces with ~10 years of public institutions being barred from hiring to contrast generational turnover.

People I've known in the ministries always told me the situation was pretty dire to them. As in, can barely manage to keep the lights on, running on skeleton crews etc. Can't imagine it being much different for enti locali, if not just much more visibly an issue.

The core issue is that working on most local government topic, say like on roadworks, as a consultant or a private firm is far more remunerative than being a direct employee so the employee numbers are negative YOY.

https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/pnrr-assunzioni-flop-enti-locali-personale-scende-anche-2022-AEQWnw7C

Also the fact that local gov staffers are accustomed to deliver items on multi-yearly scale instead of quarters means there is zero chances that topics bound to them will get delivered in timely fashion.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Well, to be fair, I think the byzantine hiring process of concorsi pubblici doesn't exactly lend itself to hiring people on a temporary basis. Like, when you think of the burden you're imposing on a person to prepare for the selection process i'd guess most will likely go yeah not worth the candle, next.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

Well, to be fair, I think the byzantine hiring process of concorsi pubblici doesn't exactly lend itself to hiring people on a temporary basis. Like, when you think of the burden you're imposing on a person to prepare for the selection process i'd guess most will likely go yeah not worth the candle, next.

Local government usually avoid the silly five thousand people signing up for five slots nonsense. They usually do the idiotic "hire a skilled expert for barely above apprenticeship pay" and then cry when they get zero responses.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Resurrecting this thread. My boss reached out to a professor friend who happens to be quite influential with unimore and pushed through my pre-approval for University!

However, could the Italian government make The Dichiarazioni di Valore any more of a gigantic pain in the rear end to get? My HS transcripts need to be notarized, and then an Apostille to notarize the notary. I called my HS, and they were very confused as to why the transcripts need to be notarized, and they don't have a notary on hand to authenticate the signature, and the signature on my HS transcripts is from a registrar that retired 11 years ago. I'm also in Tacoma Washington, and my HS is in Boise, so I am going to drive down there on Sunday for some bureaucracy on Monday!

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

Resurrecting this thread. My boss reached out to a professor friend who happens to be quite influential with unimore and pushed through my pre-approval for University!

However, could the Italian government make The Dichiarazioni di Valore any more of a gigantic pain in the rear end to get? My HS transcripts need to be notarized, and then an Apostille to notarize the notary. I called my HS, and they were very confused as to why the transcripts need to be notarized, and they don't have a notary on hand to authenticate the signature, and the signature on my HS transcripts is from a registrar that retired 11 years ago. I'm also in Tacoma Washington, and my HS is in Boise, so I am going to drive down there on Sunday for some bureaucracy on Monday!

The notarization on school records it's due to records being falsified left and right for good government and public sector jobs until (as per usual) the government gets draconian to compensate. The paperwork you will get out of it will be bulletproof for every government in eu, we are far more stringent on that stuff than most of the rest of Europe.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

The notarization of school records it's due to records being falsified left and right for good government and public sector jobs until (as per usual) the government gets draconian to compensate. The paperwork you will get out of it will be bulletproof for every government in eu; we are far more stringent on that stuff than most of the rest of Europe.

Yeah, I am more worried about getting the transcripts notarized. I am also worried that I may need my diploma as well. I don't have my diploma. It was destroyed many years ago, and my HS does not issue new ones, nor does it have a way to issue a new one. I only have the transcripts.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 5, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah, I am more worried about getting the transcripts notarized. I am also worried that I may need my diploma as well. I don't have my diploma. It was destroyed many years ago, and my HS does not issue new ones, nor does it have a way to issue a new one. I only have the transcripts.

They might be unpleasant if the diploma no longer has an original copy but there are options if it's gone. Just incredibly inane ones.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

They might be unpleasant if the diploma no longer has an original copy but there are options if it's gone. Just incredibly inane ones.

Yeah, I will call the consulate on Monday and ask. The transcripts say I graduated, so it's confusing why they would require both the high school diploma and transcripts.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

Yeah, I will call the consulate on Monday and ask. The transcripts say I graduated, so it's confusing why they would require both the high school diploma and transcripts.

I think fullbright and cimea could also help, even if they usually do the opposite (use italian degrees in the US).

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

I think fullbright and cimea could also help, even if they usually do the opposite (use italian degrees in the US).

Thanks! I will see if they can help at Boise State University! I also have partial college transcripts that I will grab. It can't hurt right? I don't have a degree, but college transcripts indicate you graduated from High school.... right?!

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

Thanks! I will see if they can help at Boise State University! I also have partial college transcripts that I will grab. It can't hurt right? I don't have a degree, but college transcripts indicate you graduated from High school.... right?!

Sending an email won't hurt your chances. Transcripts don't mean an automatic pass for high school(since italian high school has a final exam, maturità, that could be failed and they use that logic for foreign students) but hopefully you can find some help into getting all sorted.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
After many hours of waiting around and finding the correct people to talk to, I now have all my transcripts signed, notarized, and notarized again. Now I just need to create a cover letter, and translate the transcripts to Italian.

Would it help if I have an Italian employment contract and a letter of recommendation from one of the professors? Anything else I could do to sweeten the pot so to speak? Work history? Community service? Etc etc?

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 11, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

After many hours of waiting around and finding the correct people to talk to, I now have all my transcripts signed, notarized, and notarized again. Now I just need to create a cover letter, and translate the transcripts to Italian.

Would it help if I have an Italian employment contract and a letter of recommendation from one of the professors? Anything else I could do to sweeten the pot so to speak? Work history? Community service? Etc etc?

An employment contract will help if your stay is for work purposes, if it's a study visa it could make waves since it will muddle the waters(are you coming to study or to work?), check with the consulate just in case. Letters of recommendations won't hinder progress.

Make a CV with work and study history using europass https://europa.eu/europass/en . Nobody in Italy will take your CV seriously unless it's in europass format.

It's better to make all of the data BOTH in english and in Italian, noting that the Italian bundle has been translated. I have plat so if you want a summary check on the Italian bundle feel free to send it there.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

An employment contract will help if your stay is for work purposes, if it's a study visa it could make waves since it will muddle the waters(are you coming to study or to work?), check with the consulate just in case. Letters of recommendations won't hinder progress.

Make a CV with work and study history using europass https://europa.eu/europass/en . Nobody in Italy will take your CV seriously unless it's in europass format.

It's better to make all of the data BOTH in english and in Italian, noting that the Italian bundle has been translated. I have plat so if you want a summary check on the Italian bundle feel free to send it there.

You are my hero! I’ll PM you! Thank you for the help!

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Just a friendly note for early tourists, an equivalent tropical event like the one that grazed emilia romagna is coming to Sardinia. If you had vacation lined up i would assess rescheduling.

https://www.unionesarda.it/news-sardegna/nuovo-ciclone-in-arrivo-sullitalia-in-sardegna-e-allerta-gialla-hh9lq6o9

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Current SOGEI datacenter staff status

If you need to login to any Italian services using EID(or use your CIE on European sites), the sogei datacenter that handles that, along other ministries digital services, seems to be ultrafucked.

Edit: It’s a DDOS, NoName57 seems to be the source.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 25, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
In other current italian news, the supposed savior of the PD has just experienced a eu-wide gaffe.

The PD partially voted against the ASAP proposal for extra 🇺🇦 funds, along with M5S and those Verdi chucklefucks, even after Schlein requesting a cohesive yes.

I am not wired in the modern social feeds(just read it in a newspaper) but I am expecting fun stuff.

Back to the parade, Mattarella being half the height of Crosetto and put side by side might be procedurally correct but maybe put someone in between. It looks like a bad vacanze di natale joke.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 2, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My thoughts and prayers for the Italian people on such a saddening day.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Partying hard here

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Me irl

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I tought I would be happier but he was really inconsequential these last years and the right keeps churning out worse and worse shitbags sooo...

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

He just died? Wow. I didn’t know that. You’re telling me now for the first time. He led an amazing life. What else can you say? He was an amazing man. Whether you agreed or not, he was an amazing man who led an amazing life.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
RIP Bozo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Silvio Presents: Bunga Bunga with Beelzebub

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thinking of making pasta tonight to celebrate.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

*bauhaus voice* s. berlusconi's dead

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Jesus Christ the Berlusconi-washing has started.

For instance, President Mattarella saying he was a man full of humanity, a great entrepreneur and so on - President Mattarella whose brother was killed by the same crime syndicates Berlusconi was in bed with.

Wednesday is going to be national mourning. I'm disgusted.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Is he gonna get the state funeral andreotti never got, i wonder

Char
Jan 5, 2013

mortons stork posted:

Is he gonna get the state funeral andreotti never got, i wonder

Yes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Char posted:

For instance, President Mattarella saying he was a man full of humanity, a great entrepreneur and so on - President Mattarella whose brother was killed by the same crime syndicates Berlusconi was in bed with.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Char posted:

For instance, President Mattarella saying he was a man full of humanity,

https://twitter.com/3lfares/status/1668186541766631425

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Char posted:

Eh, the inoffensive messages are understandable, but it's funny that Mattarella basically praised just the circumstances Berlusconi found himself in. Outside of saying he was "full of humanity", which is pretty ambiguous, everything else he said comes down to stuff that happened around him (he was president during 9/11!) or carefully worded in a non-committal way (he said he was a "successful entrepreneur", which is... well, true, though partially because of how many palms he greased and then because he was literally directly into the driver's set of national politics).

Decorum is overrated but I dunno that we're gonna see it disappear during this lifetime. Prepare yourselves for respectful obituaries when Trump croaks too.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Char posted:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

A wax doll that short circuited your uncanny valley sense while still looking more human than Zuck.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Happier days with the boys

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Rofl, you just made me remember when Berlusconi said Obama took "too much sun tan"
Those were the days. :newlol:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Nothing makes me smile as much as Berlusconi biggest toadie Fede not making it for the Duomo funeral due to being a prima donna and not leaving on time.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
New sets of driving laws, which has some good and some bad. It wouldn't be much to talk about if it wasn't for the lovely Transport minister (Salvini), doing a media tour about it where he went on multiple tangents on multiple newspapers and tv channels. The funny thing is even if he is at the helm for multiple legislations, he is still going on in opposition mode, telling how bad the Majors are with the evil law enforcement for speeding and so on, when he is the one in charge and deciding the laws being written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

This is a man about to eat his own teeth