Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I am popping in to say I am learning Italian because I have friends who live in Italy and the language, culture, and food is quite awesome.
Your politics are also insane and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/MKWilliamsRome/status/1242111040562892800

I tuoi sindaci sono fantastici. :allears:

According to my friend Angelo, the first guy is "completamente scemo." and he is surprised he is saying the correct thing in his idiocy. :allears:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 23, 2020

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
partito politico nuovo: più ghigliottine per tutti?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The hat is the best part.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TorakFade posted:

"lavoro nero" (I don't even know what's the english term - moonlighting? under the table/off the books work?)

Under the table is the accepted English phrase.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
May I complain about the decreto flussi as an American?

I have a job offer, and I have 14 years of experience as an embedded Linux engineer, 5 of which are in a niche field (electric vehicle charging). Still, the decreto flussi doesn't include US Citizens this year, and I can't get a blue card because Italia doesn't recognize experience in place of a degree. My only option is to get a student visa and later convert it to a work visa, as far as we can tell. I'm fortunate that my future boss is incredibly patient and still wants me to work for him. :smith:

Edit: I guess it's a blessing. I can finally get a degree! My best friend lives in San Ginesio and wants to return to get his master's, so I will probably be enrolling at the university of Camerino!

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 15, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

My dude, the experience doesn’t count as a degree issue runs deep in every bit of Italian gov. I have over ten years of public sector employment, certs up the rear end and the first kid out of university can and will get a place that outranks me.

Doing the Camerino uni option is a cool idea, so break a leg.

Thanks! It's a pain in the rear end, and I never got my degree because I never needed one. Also, the cost didn't justify the end result of me not making any more money. :smith:

This is me in a few months I guess!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Char posted:

UniCam is a nice place, go for it.
The only thing you should be aware of is that getting a degree in Italy won't be a quick task unless you perfectly mesh with our university system.

High five :smith:

I am fine taking the longer route. It’s cheaper than the states and my employer is cool with me working “part time.”

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Resurrecting this thread. My boss reached out to a professor friend who happens to be quite influential with unimore and pushed through my pre-approval for University!

However, could the Italian government make The Dichiarazioni di Valore any more of a gigantic pain in the rear end to get? My HS transcripts need to be notarized, and then an Apostille to notarize the notary. I called my HS, and they were very confused as to why the transcripts need to be notarized, and they don't have a notary on hand to authenticate the signature, and the signature on my HS transcripts is from a registrar that retired 11 years ago. I'm also in Tacoma Washington, and my HS is in Boise, so I am going to drive down there on Sunday for some bureaucracy on Monday!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

The notarization of school records it's due to records being falsified left and right for good government and public sector jobs until (as per usual) the government gets draconian to compensate. The paperwork you will get out of it will be bulletproof for every government in eu; we are far more stringent on that stuff than most of the rest of Europe.

Yeah, I am more worried about getting the transcripts notarized. I am also worried that I may need my diploma as well. I don't have my diploma. It was destroyed many years ago, and my HS does not issue new ones, nor does it have a way to issue a new one. I only have the transcripts.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 5, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

They might be unpleasant if the diploma no longer has an original copy but there are options if it's gone. Just incredibly inane ones.

Yeah, I will call the consulate on Monday and ask. The transcripts say I graduated, so it's confusing why they would require both the high school diploma and transcripts.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

I think fullbright and cimea could also help, even if they usually do the opposite (use italian degrees in the US).

Thanks! I will see if they can help at Boise State University! I also have partial college transcripts that I will grab. It can't hurt right? I don't have a degree, but college transcripts indicate you graduated from High school.... right?!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
After many hours of waiting around and finding the correct people to talk to, I now have all my transcripts signed, notarized, and notarized again. Now I just need to create a cover letter, and translate the transcripts to Italian.

Would it help if I have an Italian employment contract and a letter of recommendation from one of the professors? Anything else I could do to sweeten the pot so to speak? Work history? Community service? Etc etc?

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 11, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

An employment contract will help if your stay is for work purposes, if it's a study visa it could make waves since it will muddle the waters(are you coming to study or to work?), check with the consulate just in case. Letters of recommendations won't hinder progress.

Make a CV with work and study history using europass https://europa.eu/europass/en . Nobody in Italy will take your CV seriously unless it's in europass format.

It's better to make all of the data BOTH in english and in Italian, noting that the Italian bundle has been translated. I have plat so if you want a summary check on the Italian bundle feel free to send it there.

You are my hero! I’ll PM you! Thank you for the help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My friend said that Italian politicians are all pagliacci and to ignore them. Confirm/deny?