Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah I was gonna ask... did he have the authority to declare new elections or does fantocconte have to ask the President to do it.

Calling new elections is 100% the President's decision.

However, if (a) the government resigns due to a vote of no confidence or otherwise, and (b) the President cannot find a candidate PM able to carry a vote of confidence (whether political or caretaker), he really has no option but to call for new elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Doctor Jeep posted:

that's insane, how are people supposed to get food

The other six days of the week.

I'm not sure how the Sunday store shutdown helps TBH, it feels like it will concentrate workers on Saturday whereas before they would at least divide somewhat between Saturday and Sunday.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Has there been any kind of government or judicial response to the palpata breve scandal?

There will be a judicial one. According to everybody with an actual law degree I've heard from, it's all but guaranteed to get overturned in the 2nd degree, because there is a Court of Cassation ruling that almost exactly contradicts what the 1st-degree judge ruled (intent vs. action).

For the same reason, it's also unlikely to reach the 3rd degree after that, i.e. get heard by the Cassation.

That said, this is going to happen loooong after the foreign press has completely moved on.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

SlowBloke posted:

Is it just me or Schlein is the worst possible pick they could have gone for?

Perhaps they felt that, over the next few years, the competition on the center-left/neoliberal side (Renzi, Calenda, and whoever's going to pick up Berlusconi's gang) is going to be much stiffer than the competition on the left-populist side (lol Conte, lol red/greens). So they aim at merging with or straight-up devouring M5S.