Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
This government has already lasted more than I expected, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
In all this darkness, I'm just glad I can see Formigoni going down for all his corruption. Homophobic fucker.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Truth is, Salvini's highly symbolic but ultimately ineffectual gestures are what are giving him the image of someone who's getting poo poo done, so he's gonna continue doubling down on that stuff, especially considering how ineffective the opposition is.

For all his cries of Italians First, Salvini basically only focuses on marginalized immigrants because lol, he doesn't have a solution for any actual problem.

EDIT: If you want proof of how ineffective PD is, they are now having a debate of whether the "migrant emergency" was a real emergency, after Matteo Renzi, the man almost single-handedly responsible for killing the party, admitted that *maybe* they should have been more courageous on that subject and on granting citizenship based on ius soli*.

* it was never actually ius soli based on the drafts they presented, but still, baby steps

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 5, 2019

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Has there been much reporting on the Russian meeting in the national media now? It was headline news here in the UK yesterday evening.

There have been a few headlines. I don't feel like it's been treated as the most important news, and I don't follow right-wing rags, so I don't know what they're saying there, but it's something that the Italian public is aware of (or should be, anyway).

Salvini has already promised to sue BuzzFeed. We'll see if it actually happens, politicians here threaten to sue far more often than they actually do, because it's all about image (actually suing risks revealing that they did, in fact, do what they're accused of).

Just for the lol, some League members have already been claiming this is actually a conspiracy against Salvini. My god.

LATE EDIT: This is relevant to the Salvini discussion: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/11/matteo-salvinis-party-under-investigation-for-alleged-russian-oil-deal

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 11, 2019

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Forza Nuova has been known to be a neofascist organization ever since it existed and honestly, pretty much all of their dodgy poo poo has always been evident from the getgo.

Still, even knowing all that, a loving missile from Qatar :catstare:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I think the only person here not aware that Forza Nuova are fash was Tesseraction, and considering she's not Italian and doesn't follow Italian politics that closely, I think we can all cut her a break.

EDIT: BTW, Forza Nuova has, as usual, claim they're totally extraneous to this because the person who was a candidate for Forza Nuova who happened to be arrested isn't currently a militant. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he still hung out with them, though.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Yeah, Forza Nuova is like a tarzanello that seemingly won't be scraped away, no matter how bad it smells.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
After the majority split yet again on a vote on the TAV high-speed rail project that's meant to connect Turin and Lyons, Salvini has declared that the government can't go on and he wants elections as soon as possible the real reason is most likely that this is the most politically convenient time, given M5S continue to do bad in the polls and Lega has very high numbers currently.

It sounds like we're embarking on yet another election season without a leftist or even just social democratic alternative to the right, with investors yet again freaking out about instability and right before the government will have to make hard choices about the economy. Good stuff.

EDIT: it's important to note that, technically, nothing has happened legally yet. The government is still there, parliament is still there, and no one has resigned, as far as I'm aware.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 9, 2019

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
After a vote on the Rousseau digital platform, which is effectively just a way to ratify the Movement's decision (either the M5S actively tamper with the voting or their registered voting members always follow the party line), M5S and PD are officially good to go for a government together. Depending on how fast everything goes, the vote of confidence on Conte could happen as soon as Friday.

They've also released a draft of the program: https://www.repubblica.it/politica/...C12-P2-S1.12-T1

I'm gonna try working on a quick translation later.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

SlowBloke posted:

A few corrections, papers are required if you go outside your town but in-town movement is now unrestricted and restaurants can open if they have take away options with riders or customers pick up(before then it was riders only).

I'm gonna need a source on this because every newspaper I read keeps reporting that movement is still mostly restricted and you'll still need to carry papers around with a new form (which, uh, why doesn't the police just carry those and make people compile them on the spot? I can't imagine the first option is any less risky, given you'd still be handing over documents to a police officer).

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that, Tesseraction. I hope you find some solace for your grief in these trying times and that you get to read this message before SA dies its death because of its garbage owner.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
RIP Bozo

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Char posted:

Jesus Christ the Berlusconi-washing has started.

For instance, President Mattarella saying he was a man full of humanity, a great entrepreneur and so on - President Mattarella whose brother was killed by the same crime syndicates Berlusconi was in bed with.

Wednesday is going to be national mourning. I'm disgusted.

Eh, the inoffensive messages are understandable, but it's funny that Mattarella basically praised just the circumstances Berlusconi found himself in. Outside of saying he was "full of humanity", which is pretty ambiguous, everything else he said comes down to stuff that happened around him (he was president during 9/11!) or carefully worded in a non-committal way (he said he was a "successful entrepreneur", which is... well, true, though partially because of how many palms he greased and then because he was literally directly into the driver's set of national politics).

Decorum is overrated but I dunno that we're gonna see it disappear during this lifetime. Prepare yourselves for respectful obituaries when Trump croaks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Don't see anything particularly controversial in there (nice source btw), or anything that conflicts with helping Ukraine at the moment? Also, I don't think it's a good idea to try to get votes from people who vote far right when there's already a huge amount of people that *do not* vote atm. They're the ones that have to be galvanized and convince to mobilize, and they're probably more interested in labor than the war in Ukraine and defense spending.