Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I'll add a little tidbit that Char could add to the op if he want, a good chunk of Italians doesn't have any loving idea about some of the lesser known regions! There are five regions that had special treatment since quite a bit. They have been running under a special set of rules and rights ("statuto speciale") and this was due to some very special historical reasons (Sicily and Sardinia: heavy government issues, Valle d'Aosta and Trentino Alto Adige: border country with stronger feelings for France/Austria than Italy, Friuli Venezia Giulia:cold war fears with Tito). This special treatment meant that budgets were more flexible and there were more rules that could be overriden from the central government diktats(until the federalism reform pushed by LN/FI, only these five regions could tell Rome to go gently caress themselves for issues like schools or small government). Right now with the federalism reform the five special regions have still more leeway than average but they are more in line with the rest. I hail from F.V.G. (which shouldn't never be shortened to Friuli as some olds could take offence), if you want a anecdote this is the sole region that suffered multiple natural(and manmade) disasters but always managed to rebuild itself in a quick and orderly fashion.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Ornedan posted:

Global warming seems to be missing from that critical issues list? I'm not surprised that M5S/Lega would be ignoring it, but is an out of context problem for the entire Italian political system?

Oh sure is a problem and this gives me another tidbit to share:

Political representation of eco-enviromentalism is a sorta of injoke, our green parties are as close/interested into the enviroment as PETA is to animal healthcare. Which in case you were wondering, they'll search for the most recently heard/shown/twitted item and scream for that thing to be destroyed/made forbidden.Not because it's harmful but because it makes them feel better. Due to this most people will happily laugh to most green parties request/referendums.

This doesn't mean that people won't be selfish and drive old cars when bike will suffice but bigger scale issues? We are aware about it and we are aware that we cannot do poo poo about it(our heavy industry is pretty much gone so pollution is mostly from old prod sites crumbling down rather than from being used and waste disposal sites containers, legal or not, breaking up).

I personally consider green parties to blame for most of our resource/electical production shortcomings(the after chernobyl terror campaign to close down all of four sites, the newest just being done building so we wasted lots of cash to get zero watts produced from Caorso and just waste products to handle, meant that we increased oil usage to handle the missing quota from nuclear and to top it up destroy any skill set and knowhow in the sector that was top in the world at the time) so don't expect love for them from me

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 3, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Most big industrial sites in the south were made in a futile attempt into "progressing" the south, lots of factories with no naval or railway access built just to fill an idiotic quota. Something that boggles the mind is the tenacity that the workers of those hellpits are showing clinging into their workplaces even if they are poisoning themselves and their county. We have a metalworks plant here that everybody wants gone, the municipality will use as a campaign trail promise each time(to close it) and is always in the red but the few workers and the unions will cry foul if the site closes even temporarily

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 3, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

The endless cycle of Tarantine politics. Truth be told, there is an unspoken law in both city and national politics, and that is 'don't gently caress with the steel mill'
They've been talking reclamation, restoration, modernization for 20 years now. They only do that for the elections though.

Same poo poo different nametag. Our town steelworks foundations are older than Utah was a US state(https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferriera_di_Servola) and this kind of promises have been told before I was even born(and I am older than that worm that is supposed to handle the ministry of labour)

EDIT: Char are we enforcing a en-us language restriction on the thread right? I would prefer the thread to not devolve in native language only like the Germany one

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 7, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Dommolus Magnus posted:

This is perhaps a seed of an explanation, but I think it falls a bit short as Germany had a very similar history to Italy yet still ended up with a more or less unified identity.

IIRC after the Congress Italy apart from the papal states was divided into three states (Sardinia-Piemont, Two Sicilies and one I can't seem to recall) plus the Veneto region which was under Austrian control. Were these 4 parts were roughly equal in terms of population and economic power? In Germany, Prussia was incredibly dominant and so could push its own cultural identity onto the different part of the empire. Something to that effect would haven been more difficult in Italy, I guess. If those entities even had their own particular identities in the first place. Some of them were pretty much existed due to the whims of the Congress, though Two Sicilies at least had existed in some form or another for a long time.

If my history knowledge doesn't fail me two sicilies(and its precursors states) were under foreign occupation for most of its life(Spain if I remember correctly) so distrust/active sabotage of local government was an act of rebellion that never really went away even when it was freed from the spanish occupation(after all the central government was seen as foreign as the previous rulers). Same with the veneto part which switched from being one of the crown jewels of the austrohungarian empire to be just somewhere in italy(most of the industrial parts and city centre in Trieste dates back from austrohungarian era, afterwards pretty much nothing). So there are large swath of land that actively wishes for going back to being either independendant from central rule(always seen to be a distant retard demanding for resources in the mind of the people) or under foreign power control as it was in the good old days.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 4, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Gort posted:

Yeah, I vote for this. I love learning foreign slang and idioms.

EG: "He was so mad he was pissing steam" is a Russian saying, and it's brilliant

I'll start since I just got up.

"duro come un scalin" - "Hard as a stair step" - Drunk as hell. Duro is informally used in the Trieste dialect to denote being drunk(to the extreme point of being unconscious, rigid and so hard/duro) and stairs have been historically being made from marble/stone so it's super drunk(a good chunk of colloquialisms in Trieste jokes around various state of drunkenness).

Another idiom to go back to the previous post about italy being far from cohesive, one of the way to call the police in Trieste è "Puglia", why? Because the first posted gendarms/carabinieri after unification came from there!

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 4, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
You are forgetting another public hire freeze which will gently caress up the miur(which was already bleeding) and every public office with the new 100 quota pension customers(which won't see the severance in a long loving time to avoid INPS going bankrupt lol). I think that the first proper shakeup will be due to this(long before the EU crying for blood after failing the spread quota), the schools are already with the staff roster in temp mode since loving decades and with the new daspi or whatever the gently caress they are going to call the unemployment benefit being better than your average school janitor/secretary pay who the gently caress is going to apply?

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 5, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

Yeah, like we needed another loving hemorrhage in our public school system, god knows it wasn't banged up enough already. But with the cuts to public schools they're just keeping continuity between this admin and previous ones, so I'm almost not angry about that.
What I am unfathomably angry about is the citizenship income, on two levels: on the one hand, we are facing tremendous pushback from the EU for trying to give a handout to the poor and jobless because it might 'threaten our balanced budget', which just signals how badly neoliberal the institution has turned. On the other, the citizenship income is shaping up to be another workfare bullshit which will forever poison the wells for this kind of policy, meaning that in the future, when this inevitably fails, we'll never ever get to discuss something resembling a social programme for the poor.

MIUR(which in case you are wondering is the Ministero per l'Istruzione, Università e Ricerca, our national education ministry) unlocked hirings with the previous admin(I know because I was one of the lucky ones that got caught in the nets), not enough people and mostly researchers(which we can debate all night and day about how much useful they'll be) but it was a start in the right direction. We have a lot of old people that are staying on the job in a stupid attempt of "holding the line" while doing just damage due to being geriatric and wanting to work like in the loving '70(meaning we have paperless flows dictated by law and idiots duplicating everything on paper because they cannot work without it, slowing everything down to a glacial pace) and they need to get sent home to unfuck the system. So IMHO i would have preferred to not have this bloody idiotic superaspi and instead doing a combined early-pension window and new hires(if you have a clinical fear of big government, do a three year long temp contract for crying out loud) campaign which would have been much less bloody on the state coffers.

mortons stork posted:

In other news, the lega vice-mayor of Trieste just threw a homeless man's clothes and cover into the trash and made a smug facebook post about 'keeping the city clean'. Luckily he's facing a righteous shitstorm for it, but I just wanted it to be a note on how cartoonishly evil these people are, and how despite that they are the first political force in my country, receiving eager transversal support across society.

Can I make a very sad note? I didn't know we had a vice mayor from LN.... All I've known in the city council is DiPiazza, the rest might be as well staffed by cardboard cutouts for all they do....

The turboprick removed the post since then as like all LN bastards he has the integrity of a mollusk.

Another pearl from FVG

https://www.huffingtonpost.it/2019/...ati_a_23634162/

The Monfalcone(GO) security councilor posted a idiotic slur post on FB and is claiming that he didn't came up for the post, just copied from somewhere else(on his loving FB wall). The Mayor is minimizing as "it was a prank lol, he feels very sorry", both of these idiots are LN in case you were wondering.

poi checcazzo, non ci caga nessuno per millenni sulla stampa ed in generale il mondo, ora di botto tutti sti parassiti si svegliano a far cazzate su facebook e la regione viene sputtanata come un covo di razzisti?

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 6, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

Yeah the ministries need a lot of work to get completely unfucked, but the big problem is that our funds for education and research are so strangled it's nearly impossible to get new blood in. That's why the hiring freeze will keep strangling the ministry, it's not that the olds will be holding the line, it's that we need those loving people out of there but we don't know who will cover their positions.

I concur on the pay, the fact that a degree is more important than a decade of service will never fail to make me feel like an idiot as i fail to get any decent role improvement due to the lack of a UNI degree (silly me and the thought that going to work sooner and having a nice CV meant something :smith:). I am more afraid on the quality of the replacements than filling the quotas, people desperate to work? Plenty. Skilled people willing to work for a pittance? Rather scarce.

mortons stork posted:

And yeah, these people don't care about the coffers. They hope to get their chips in and then as soon as they feel they have an edge they will upturn the table in hopes of being sole winners. They will rule over the ashes, if necessary.

I think we are reaching Trump-grade level of cluelessness, the sole thing that makes the state machine go forward are the public servant that eat poo poo everyday while these fuckers in Rome, in the regional halls and even in the bloody city halls doesn't just do gently caress all but actively sabotage everything. Thankfully/hopefully the damage is not yet final.

Beh ma adesso abbiamo la locale armata fino ai denti, ci sentiamo sicuri:rolleyes: Solo in una repubblica delle banane potevamo dare pistole agli ausiliari del traffico...

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 6, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

... e Trieste, se ho capito bene? PTA in una qualche università?

Trieste sì ma ultima lettera del MIUR, di più non mi espongo visto che siamo letteralmente quattro gatti, se dico di più tanto vale che metto la carta d'identità :v:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Oh hey, it's Hartz Quattro. Congratulations, child poverty is going up Up UP!

So, how does the current Italian welfare system work? What would be the benefits of opting-in on this? Higher payouts?

The standard unemployment (ASPI, formerly DASPI/NASPI) is a relative percentage of the previous pay so if you got poo poo pay in your last job you get even shittier unemployment benefits payoffs, with this new trick the low end of the former working crowd is more protected. The issue is how the unemployment office are going to handle this new status, I think that upstairs they'll demand to act more active/proactive while handling people without work(since the last round of workfare reforms made by Biagi, national unemployment offices got made pretty much useless. Most of the job search role have been handled by private middlemen instead of them) instead of letting them float without assistance in job hunting. The risk IMHO is to throw bad/lowball jobs to force people out of the unemployment payout(first two offers have to be relatively near but can be turned off, the third one is pretty much go or lose the benefits).

Child poverty is kinda of a no issue in this context, you need to be of legal age AND have worked for quite a bit to claim these benefits. New workforce will be handled by the apprendist/stage model which will gently caress them over in a whole different way(working for exposure unless the job provider feels magnanimous and pays you a pittance)

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 7, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I know nobody will care but the reaction to the vicemayor stunt has been unanimously negative with most of the city hall demanding the dude head. The mayor went on a neutral "He hosed up and was a lone shooter. Case closed" position while people have been bringing clothes and warm covers to the site of the homeless dude

The samaritans having to leave a note telling "please don't throw the free items away, we'll retrieve them if nobody picks them" is something that would have been a political career ending moment in another time.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 7, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

Jesus loving Christ

And it's being promoted by the 'left' soul of the M5S. And of course the rest of the 'center-left' in Italy are losing their loving minds 'cause this could increase the deficit. Nevermind the loving deficit, actually increasing child poverty in a developed country anyone? this makes me madder than words can express. Porco dio

Hmm the old school NASpI(which hasn't got any restriction on mandatory job calls, just total time) is still present on the INPS pages (rif https://www.inps.it/nuovoportaleinps/default.aspx?itemdir=50593). Unless you are pretty boned(and truth be told the ISEE limitations on the new mode means you are either turbofucked or there is something very wrong with your declared income if you can claim it), there are little incentives to go with the new bonus as I am expecting some idiotic minimum wage jobs to magically appear in every town job centre to make this temp bonus disappear. Revoking the NASpI/ASpI is going to get people VERY angry(I think having retroactive changes to benefits is ground for a quick dismissal in the higher courts of law but I am not a law expert).

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 7, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

porco dio, which my friends from Veneto like to use extremely frequently in the middle of a sentence, just to take up some dead air.
Having your average cross clutching white dude shipped in veneto or worse in FVG(we are somehow even worse)is pretty much like the scene in orange clockwork with the forced training. Another thing that is common in lower-mid class is a combo of Dio + thematic adjective which in some cases becomes an art(most friends in teamspeak seem to cry from laughter when i get upset/angry even at mundane things)

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 8, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tafferling posted:

http://www.ansa.it/friuliveneziagiu...5546d2794f.html

Vice mayor and renowned rear end in a top hat throws a clochard belongings in the trash.

Gets a 100€ fine because he used the generic bin instead of the textyle/clothing recycling one.

For once the locale does its work....

Ci fossero mai quegli infami quando serve... Sono tipo il fantasma dell'opera, ti giri e piazzano na multa che non hai idea da dove minchia siano apparsi, ma se gli telefoni per qualche reclamo fai in tempo a morire sei volte prima che arrivino.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 11, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

mortons stork posted:

Liberalism.txt?

The textyle bin mentioned in the article

is to take clothes, in a more or less decent state, to hand them to homeless and/or poor people so it would have been surreal if he did manage to drop the clothes in the right container.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 11, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Spacewolf posted:

A brief beg: What the heck is everybody saying in spoilered Italian? It makes this thread such that even if I could figure out something useful to say/ask, I'm kind of unsure if I'm welcome...

I'm responsible. The other eurozone threads tends to talk the local language a tad too much which makes them incomprehensible by the rest of the world. Rather than having a local-only language thread i prefer to talk english and have the sporadic Italian outburst hidden as a "if you want check it out but don't bother otherwise". It's mostly me doing sad sarcasm over the commented item.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 11, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Seems par for the course...

Con la stronzata della cancellazione della tav lione-torino stiamo per prendere mazzate da orbi e sti dementi pensano che facendo qualche proclama alla Trump i francesi se ne dimentichino(o perlomeno i media)

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
What I find extremely weird is that after the UK goes on their merry way, france is going to be the sole military nuclear power in the EU and making GBS threads on the desk of a nuke equipped country would have been a rather quick way to get glassed in another era.... I don't think that M5S is really speaking their hearts but instead finding a strawman to rile electors towards them(Does anyone have recent polls? I think that their rates have been far from optimal in recent months)

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 22, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

Which era? Nukes have only been used in anger against Japan in WW2. Inflammatory rhetorics against France, the UK, China, Russia, the USA, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea have been ongoing nonstop in various parts of the world without radioactive retaliation.

Besides, Italy is a direct neighbor of France. It's one thing to shower in fallout a country that's on the other side of the world's largest ocean, it's something else when it's just next door.

Truth be told in the 50-80 interval, diplomats/ministers wouldn't go as far as what is mundane in politics today.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

https://www.termometropolitico.it/1381996_sondaggi-elettorali-tecne-40.html

There's no way a NATO+EU+Euro country would attack another NATO+EU+Euro country.
If France wants to attack us, they can keep doing what they've been doing so far: keep buying our vaguely profitable top companies.

I'm not expecting a bomber wing of Mirages 2000N flying over my head anytime soon, it's just that I feel saber rattling with a nuclear power idiotic, double so if you are in several strategic/economic/military alliances with them :ohdear:
Surprised about the M5S gaining ground, everyone i chit chat with that voted them is unlikely to vote them again.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

You definitely shouldn't: that aircraft type has been retired from service.

Which is sadly another example of me being old, i think i have still some old books/magazines with those as the new cool stuff. I take the N role is now fulfilled by Rafales?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Italy almost got your own nukes in the '60s in cooperation with the US Navy (a couple cruisers were built to carry the Polaris ballistic missile and there were plans for a domestically-produced variant called Alfa in the early '70s), but it's just as well you didn't because I'd hate to think of Berlusconi having nukes.

If memory serves me right, our investment in the ALFA project was reused by Alenia with the VEGA launcher so it wasn't all wasted cash. The native nuke program was halted once the U.S. created the nuclear sharing program so we don't have to pay the stupid amount of money for nuke warheads lifecycle expenses.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 22, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

biglads posted:

Any of the Lega politicians fancy themselves as a D'Annunzio and marching on Rijeka? There's bound to be some irredentism amongst them.

You are touching a VERY sensitive subject with cheap sarcasm. I do hope you are joking about without knowing what happened after WW2 with the tito boys and the istria italian minority.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Sulla Faex posted:

The foibe, right?

That and having a good chunk of people pretty much evicted from their homes leaving everything in their possesion behind, generally known as Istrian exodus(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istrian-Dalmatian_exodus). It's a very touchy subject that only now is starting to get forgotten due to the people involved dying from age. While i'd guess it was an attempt from biglads to get a zinger I am not okay joking about it in any way, shape or form.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

biglads posted:

It wasn't meant to be a "zinger", it was a genuine question. I've visited Istria and the wider area a few times and know about the Italian population (mostly) leaving Yugoslavia for the Trieste region up to the 1950's and the chasm between the esuli(?) and rimasti(?).

As far as I know (and there aren't a great number of English Language sources) the foibe massacres were undertaken by whoever had the upper hand in the WW2 fighting, so as well as the Italian population suffering from it particularly towards the end of the war, similar massacres were made earlier of those Slovenes/Croats regarded as anti-fascist.

I was in Slovenia a couple of weeks ago and one of the labels on a (weirdly named Combat Wombat) local beer talked about returning Trieste and Klagenfurt to the "motherland".

Your beer is a reference to the austrian-hungarian empire rather than italian irredentism. The period when Trieste and Istria were under austrohungarian control was the peak of influence/economical power of the region, rather than being nobodies as they are now. If you ask someone here about the glory days you are more likely to get throwbacks to the late 1800 with the Asburgo rather than with Italy.

The foibe events was the classic ethnic cleansing that you get once you end a military conflict in occupied territory, whoever is not the winner or its closest allies is an enemy and must be dealt with. The fact that most people were collaborating with the fascists under the threat of violence or inprisoment was irrelevant so off you go(literally, into a chasm. Most remains haven't been identified even today, only estimations from the people missing in the years of the executions). It was a messy affair(unlike the fascist regimes that held trials and kept a list/ledger of imprisoned and killed people, the partizans killed with minimal red tape so it was pretty impossible to get a list of the names of the killed people).

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 23, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

biglads posted:

Thank you for answering. I genuinely apologise if I caused offence with the way I asked the question originally, it was not my intention. I'm still interested of whether there is an irredentist movement within what is now mainstream Italian politics or if it is more of a regional thing around Trieste.

Separately, would a Slovene beer talking about the 'return' of Trieste and Klagenfurt really be referring to A-H? I honestly took it to refer to the furthest points reached by Yugoslav Partisans before they were told to shift back by the western allies? If it was for A-H then surely Klagenfurt was a part of it anyway?

I would take issue with the claim that the fascists always kept a nice tally of who they killed. Ustase Croatia didn't seem to be that sort of place and they were calling the shots for a lot of that region during the WW2 period.

Austria wasn't a Yugoslav enemy after WW2 so i'd guess the reference to Klagenfurt is more likely to be A-H than Tito's crew. There is a reverse irredentism movement in Trieste called TLT (Territorio Libero di Trieste) which wants the town to become a semicolony of the allied forces(USA/UK) like it was shorty after the Paris accords rather than a district of Italy but AFAIK nobody in the balkans wants to go back/become Italy territory(they are more than happy to splinter into city sized countries as they do now instead of joining another country). There are irredentists fringes in the Trentino Alto Adige(which i'll keep believing we should've given it away to keep istria) but i have zero idea about their success/ideology. The Lega is not irredentism(make a occupied zone with a unified identity back to their homeland) but a racist way to acquire more money(remove or minimize south improvement funding) and government positions(move or duplicate offices to the north/Veneto), there is no way in hell a independant Veneto would last more than a month and they know it. Now that they moved from CHUDs (veneto idiots that believe that the foreigners/southeners are the source of their issues) to general racists they acquired enough votes to be relevant instead of a percentage booster like they did in the Berlusconi days.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 23, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

SlowBloke, non è che per puro caso eri a Pisa ieri, vero?

Mai stato a Pisa in vita, che ti ha dato a pensare che fossi io? Era messo così male quel povero cristo?

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

This government has already lasted more than I expected, to be honest.

As a matter of fact the sole metric this government has positively excedeed is not tapping out (and let people cash in on their dead pool bets). I am positively surprised they lasted this long(I think they are going to aim for the half legislature mark to be able to ask their golden pensions)

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 8, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I hate to bang the same drum ad nauseam but I've found a nice report about this year's foibe rememberance day

http://www.triesteprima.it/cronaca/giorno-del-ricordo-dipiazza-10-febbraio-2019.html

It's in Italian, run it on your web translator dujour cause i haven't found any hits in english(it got minimal exposure on most national newspapers too) and honestly it is short enough to warrant a complete read instead of snippets.

It's not the usual populist rethoric from LN(Salvini talked a bit afterwards but it managed to keep a modicum of :decorum: given the occasion) or M5S about random foreigners so at least it's a change from the sad standards of today

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 10, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

LET'S ASK OUR VOTER BASE!

M5S has an online voting platform. It's a completely private-owned system, there is no way it could ever be a binding voting platform, but it has a role in the M5S narrative. "Every single citizen can vote on anything because DEMOCRACY".

So, on Monday, the subscribed users of this platform voted on "Prosecuting Salvini: yes or no?". It ended 59% no to 41% yes. 52000 people voted.
Salvini won't be prosecuted, because the people have cast their vote.

:psyduck:

Elections in three months, forecasts say that Lega will get to 34%, PD and M5S are fighting for the second place.

It's not like asking the unwashed masses for their opinion have never backfired horrendously in recent times :britain:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

Come the 27th

You are missing the best part about the euro elections

Some of the outliers are comical.

Scrivo malavoglia visto l'ultimo post dell'altro thread che mi è pure costata un bel probe mortacci sua... Non me ne sono andato e sto leggendo, giusto non voglio interagire troppo su D&D per evitare di poggiare un altro deca causa qualche altro genio del male.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 23, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

Asking for a friend*.

Guys, what do you know about Sea Watch 3 and cpt. Carola Rackete? Has there been any media coverage on the matter?

Plenty of coverage, it has been a slow week mediawise for national news so journos have digged in. If you are worried about the captain, don’t. She’s a white young German woman who wanted to help the poor(but at least without going to some war torn country and getting ransomed, financing the terrorists) so if the sham court that the fashs are demanding is going to deliver anything against her, it’s going to be a slap on the wrist at best. Pissing off the krauts while the eu is still deciding how hard to gently caress us for balance issues is folly.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 3, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

Within our territorial boundaries, we had a lot of coverage, yeah.
I'd like to know what's the media coverage elsewhere, in Germany for instance.

No malice intended, I'm just trying to understand which narratives are being spun from this fact.

AFAIK there is minimal noise from the usual UK suspects(nothing more than the Reuters/Bloomberg general tidbits that are pretty much ANSA literal translations), i dunno about Austria/Germany as i don't speak German.

Coast guard is not known to be right wing as other police units(say GdF or Celere) so the narrative of the ramming being a trick to make seawatch look more guilty seem suspect, more likely a bad manouver under stress/duress.

Finirà tutto in nulla come al solito, nessuna delle parti in causa all'interno delle forze dell'ordine/magistratura ha intenzione di farsi non solo partecipe ma portabandiera dei deliri di Salvini

I think this issue (sea rescue of migrants from third parties rather than EU/IT gov) is going to explode in the next weeks as the latest Haftar bombing of a detention center is only gonna increase attempts to flee Libia.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jul 4, 2019

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I am worried about Toninelli trying to show he is still relevant by nuking the Autostrade contract... That contract was made by a battalion of lawyers and was brokered by a friendly centre-left party, meaning there are more likely issues for the government than for Benetton in case of a legal battle. Shutting it down now would mean a stupid big fine unless the gov somehow can provide a bulletproof report on the Morandi bridge falling down due to misrepair.

Doing nothing is still a bad option as it makes Benetton/Atlantia in the right when doing gently caress all mainteinance on the bridges/roads. But it won't destroy the state coffers as killing the contract will.

Autostrade è cagata forte visto che facendo un paio di viaggi negli scorsi mesi tra centro e sud, ho trovato cantieri di manutenzione praticamente ovunque sui vari viadotti e ponti sospesi

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

Either we return to city states or... we coast along waiting for desertification.

There is the third option of waiting for tectonic movement to crush the peninsula from below.

Visto che mi pare siamo sulla stessa barca qual’è la tua opinione di questo decreto concretezza? A me sinceramente frega nulla delle mie impronte, tanto ormai tra cie e spid che mi mi han schedato manco fossi riina e Facebook/Google/Apple a fare data mining sanno più loro di me che non me medesimo.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Char posted:

phoneposting, quindi, scusa per la risposta arida.
personalmente sono al corrente solo di due cose, il minor peso del titolo di studio nei concorsi e le impronte digitali.

la prima: penso un bene complessivamente perché il bias che ti porta avere una strutturra composta perlopiù da laureati in giurisprudenza, economia e scienze politiche è percepibile... per contro rende i concorsi non meno arbitrari di quanto siano ora.

la seconda: neanche un palliativo, un placebo costoso. il problema sta nel fatto che non ci sono controlli perché alla fine non conviene a nessuno essere così ligi alle regole in questi contesti. i dirigenti per primi falsano il numero di ore per cui lavorano per i propri enti... quindi? che cambia, prendere le impronte, se nessuno ha accountability diretta per una situazione di dolo?

La prima cambierà nulla imho, giochi sui punti dell'orale/scritto come e quando vuoi per prendere il tuo candidato preferito, di certo non vedremo tecnologi o funzionari senza laurea(ci metterei la firma se fosse così, almeno avrei qualche speranza di progressione di carriera senza buttare tre o più anni nel cesso in cerca di una laurea inutile solo per avere il bollino)

La seconda dovrebbe limitare (in spirito) i pianisti sull'oceano ma solo se applicata nella forma prevista dal decreto(a cui il garante della privacy è opposto) di avere biometrico E telecamere su timbratori/tornelli. Solo biometrico (come vorrebbe il garante) servirebbe esclusivamente per dare incentivi rottamazione ai vecchi sistemi basati su tessere e prendere nuovi kit con rfid e impronta digitale. Solo telecamera basterebbe a fare il grosso ma dovresti avere retention abbastanza corposa(con una spesa gestionale non indifferente se applichi più telecamere a risoluzione adeguata a capire chi timbra o meno).

Lato mio che dovrei metter su un sistema con impronte(diciamo Zucchetti per darmi il massimo di calci nei coglioni) mi esporrei a sanzioni GDPR la prima volta che mi entrano nel firewall(perchè di certo Zucchetti non fa salt sulle impronte stoccate e ci metterebbero un secondo a riversare il db in chiaro).

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

What is this concrete decree?

To add to what Char said, every Italian government since time immemorial creates a "anti-public servant" law when their polls start going badly to muster some popular favor. This law is pretty much designed to make the population see that the government cares about the average joe and will strike against the "evil public sector" lazy employees, but honestly i'm not seeing the same buzz by recent equivalents like the one Brunetta did in 2009.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

It sounds somewhat like the stupid "technical solutions" the Brexiteers claim will solve their legal woes, that has now become a meme for not solving anything.

Going for a wide spectrum tech solution to what is a simple human problem that requires common sense to solve seems to be the modern government leitmotif since the early 2k. I could list you all the recent bs they are currently demanding to be applied to us but it would only make me and whoever works in the public sector want to get blackout drunk to forget.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

I think he is referring to the roman empire, as if the last few centuries ever since didn't count 🤷‍♂️

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Forza nuova is likely older than most people in these forums, going all shocked just now that they "might be fash" is sorta idiotic. The police forces have never touched them only cause all police forces blockheads swing to the right so they consider them allies.
The qatari missile seems suspect tho, how the gently caress did they managed to get it and storing it until now without the intelligence spotting it?

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I think the only person here not aware that Forza Nuova are fash was Tesseraction, and considering she's not Italian and doesn't follow Italian politics that closely, I think we can all cut her a break.

EDIT: BTW, Forza Nuova has, as usual, claim they're totally extraneous to this because the person who was a candidate for Forza Nuova who happened to be arrested isn't currently a militant. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he still hung out with them, though.

The twitter source was sorta making it look like forza nuova was a new alt-right group, so i wanted to make it clear for people like tesseraction that might not be aware on how old it is(i think the same guys used to do sit ins here when my dad was in school, in the sixties...).

in sincerità forza nuova è sempre stata ignorata ed è stata sempre considerata intoccabile, manco fossimo ai tempi della gladio. Casa pound ha rubato il posto di favorita? L'arsenale è considerevole, forse troppo per poterlo nascondere/ignorare senza fare la figura dei polli?

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 15, 2019