Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Buongiorno Italian thread, can we discuss the current French-Italian frontier ? See i come from the French thread and let's be honest it's our perspective that we are currently doing to Italy what England did to us in Calais for the last 10-20 years: blocking a migrant population that would otherwise just loving walk and swim to England anyway, all that with no concern for 1) the migrants' quality of life while stuck 2) the place they end up stuck at 3)the fact the local far right will grow like crazy because of the whole nonsensical situation. So how bad is the impact of the situation in Piedmont?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Char posted:

What gave you this impression?

In Piedmont? Mostly the same as other regions. This map shows the percentage of migrants compared to the regional population.

This map is from January 2017, so it's a bit old, but nothing so far suggests huge local shifts. I'm not from that area of Italy but there's nothing suggesting significant worsening of quality of life in Piedmont.
Well i guess the alps are still easy enough to cross, easier* than swimming across the channel at least.

*and less deadly on fail.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

SlowBloke posted:

I'm not expecting a bomber wing of Mirages 2000N flying over my head anytime soon, it's just that I feel saber rattling with a nuclear power idiotic, double so if you are in several strategic/economic/military alliances with them :ohdear:
The real thing is those kind of complains are normal coming from an African country or Haiti. Italy (or LOL America), not so much. Complaining that France is a pillaging imperialist country is such a super fresh take coming from Italy, considering from whom we learned the trade. Some guy called Julius, i think: he came, he saw, he killed around 10% of the population, enslaved the rest, destroyed the religion and culture and took all the gold out of the mines. Do you guys know whatever happened to him? So yes, you are right it's idiotic and a pure political distraction to make you look elsewhere.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 23, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

mortons stork posted:

whereas France helping gently caress up Lybia for no good reason actually is (partially). But you know, an imperialism callout is an imperialism callout, and we should take it when we can.
Yeah, i'd just rather speak of crucified Gauls instead of gassed Ethiopians, not sure the modern Ethiopians would be okay with me using their ancestor corpses as a dumb political props. Also if you consider the possibility we helped the Rwanda Genocide because (and only because) the genocide side were promising money to our two top political parties, Sarkozy invading Lybia over Qaddafi's bribes is a rather tame affair.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Italy and France, two bad governments
I am searching for a non poo poo government worldwide and jesus if i can find it.