Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

You needn't worry, it seems like Doomsday Clock will never end.

As I said towards the end of our last thread, I'm still disappointed in the ending of Superman and Action Comics double shipping.

Which books are still double shipping from Rebirth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Just because things happened that way in the story doesn't mean it's pro-authoritarian.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I thought the War of Jokes and Riddles was one of the best Batman arcs I'd read in a long while.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'll just hide myself under this here rock till it's out on Comixology in twelve hours.

I.. err. You got any room under that rock for another?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Only if Mark Russell is writing it

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Regarding Naomi 3:

Is her Dad supposed to be a Rannian? hence her Mum hating the Thanagarian? I've not read any of the stories of those races except the war story in Infinite Crisis.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Tim Drake’s also getting a new code name. I wonder what other restaurants they can name him after!

He's being seconded to Aquaman as Red Lobster.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I miss the Superman Reborn costume. :(

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Confirmed.
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1122848046746886144
Marquez' art looks amazing.

edit: According to the article, he's DC exclusive now too.

I wish it was called World's Finest.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

This was a bad and wrong post, I confused Gleason and Tomasi.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

It's the top selling comic each month. Why would they do this?

I know it gets poo poo on a lot here by the more vocal posters, but I've enjoyed all of King's Batman run.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Dreqqus posted:

I realize I'm saying this from the combination comfort/terror of unskilled corporate labor, but I feel like if I was King and the came back and asked me to write the issues right after cancelling the issues I'd politely ask them to kiss my rear end.

He's under exclusive contract, and the man's got to eat.

The real question is which Marvel character will he write when he switches exclusivity after his contract is up?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Anyone got a single issue reading order for Geoff Johns's Superman stories?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I've already read Infinite Crisis, I got the Omnibus for Christmas. The catalyst for me asking the question was that I've just read Superman: Secret Origin (digitally), and it was pretty great, and it seems like Johns went on to write a lot more Superman.

So yeah Superman focussed, not just stories where Superman is there or turns up as part of a team.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Yeah I'm currently reading Doomsday Clock, at its glacially slow release pace.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I got into DC about a year after new 52 launched, so I've read a great deal of the Superman/Batman/Action/Detective/JL of that era, but I appreciate the recommendations from all.

The whole "Wally West was MY Flash" posting that's been going around since rebirth has made me look back at the pre N52 stuff, and having read Infinite Crisis I can see why a lot of people were mad about losing all that history. There does seem to be a good flow to the 2000s DC where Identity Crisis (yes I know it's bad or w/e please don't go off here), then Infinite Crisis goes into 52, and then Final Crisis. I'm currently up to 52 issue 3, having bought the two crisis omnibuses for £60 each here in the UK. I'm reading 52 digitally, as the omnibus is around £90, which is a little high for me atm.

I mostly asked as I have digital single issues of the action/superman of the 2000s and wanted a reading list for that rather than trade so I could dis-entangle the trade reading order.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. :)

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I know this thread has a hate boner for Tom King usually, but I'm going to go ahead and say Superman: Up in the Sky issue 1 was superb.

frameset fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 3, 2019

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Pitwar posted:

Are these Giants that are solicited the same as those that were previously available only in Wallmart? I'm sure I remember reading they were being re-launched to be made available everywhere going forward.

I hope this is the case, as I'm in the UK and have been importing the Wallmart comics so this will save me a ton of cash.

You can buy the former Walmart exclusives as "Superman Up in the Sky", "Batman Universe", and "Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me". First issues of each are out now.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I get the impression from my local comic shops that it sold very well.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Thia place just aint the same withour someone White Knighting Jason Todd all the fuckin time.

What happened to Dark_TitsAnime?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

TwoPair posted:

iirc they were just a creep to women on some other forum where he stupidly used the same name so everyone just shunned him here

I just looked it up, that is some fine lesbophobia he had there. :captainpop:

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Nevvy Z posted:

When did Clark get un-kidnapped? I missed it

Did you not read the conclusion of Leviathan Rising? There's three mini stories, then a conclusion that (sort of) ties them together.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Professor Dog posted:

So I'm mainly a Marvel guy, and the only thing I know Tom King from is his Vision series, which everyone seemed to love (including me). What happened? I haven't read his Batman but it seems to be hated by pretty much everyone. Is it worth taking a look if I liked Vision?

I really like his Batman, but this thread in general doesn't. Give it a try.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

On the last page of Event Leviathan who are the two male detectives to the left of Zatanna?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

In this article on BC, they go over the accounced Absolutes and Omnibuses for next year from DC.

What's the difference between the newly announced Infinite Crisis Omnibus, and the one I have - ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Infinite-Crisis-Omnibus-Geoff-Johns/dp/1401283276 ) which I read last year?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

That website is unreadable on mobile. So many ads!

Sorry, I use Firefox with adblock on Android, so I had no idea.

Here's the description:

DC press release posted:

This omnibus collects Action Comics #826, #829, Adventures of Superman #639, #642, Countdown to Infinite Crisis, Day of Vengeance #1-6, Day of Vengeance Infinite Crisis Special, JLA #115-119, Infinite Crisis #1-6, Infinite Crisis Secret Files 2006, The OMAC Project #1-6, The OMAC Project Infinite Crisis Special, Rann-Thanagar War #1-6, The Rann-Thanagar Infinite Crisis Special, Superman #216, #219, Villains United #1-6, Villains United Infinite Crisis Special and Wonder Woman #219.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I was thinking of getting the Batman by Grant Morrison omnibuses. I already own the recent Final Crisis omnibus. Is there any repetition of material between the two?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Pitwar posted:

Just read that the last two issues of Supergirl are going to be digital only, with their only physical release being part of a TPB collection. That sucks.

I wonder if there will be more DC books close to their ends that will get the same treatment.

The Terrifics is the same.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

These Vendetti Superman stories on DC digital first are brilliant. Exactly what I want from Superman comics.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

catlord posted:

Probably because I'm the only one that cares, Azrael only got one trade. A second volume got to showing up on Amazon, but got cancelled. Makes me wonder if DC shouldn't have a print on demand thing for runs that are less likely make money.

Something like GMT games does with its P500 programme? You put down a pledge to pre-order and when 500 people do they print 500 and charge the pledgees.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Kinda worried about DC's future. I can't imagine floppies will be around much longer.

I wouldn't mind floppies going away.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Snackmar posted:

He got hand powers because his name is Ray PALMER, that's just how comic book universes work!

It's a good thing Mephisto is a Marvel villain.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

It's such a minor thing, but I wish they'd go back to calling Batman/Superman "World's Finest" instead.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Plus the series came about in the Silver Age where they were doing stuff like having Batman literally being an officially deputised officer of the GCPD and stuff.

The series launched in the golden age, though originally didn't have the two interacting outside of the cover.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

How is Death Metal still going? Please end.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Or just ignore it?

I'd like it to be over so I can read it all in one go. It just feels like it's gone on a little longer than I thought would.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I have to ask. Am I the only one who liked the azzarelo chang wonder woman run during new 52?. That is the run that got me back into comics.

No it's really popular and has an omnibus edition printing.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Why won't DC reprint the Robinson Starman series? It seems one of the more critically acclaimed books of its era and it's out of print in all forms and has been for quite a while as far as I can tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone know if the current Batman Black and White miniseries is using card stock for covers? Ideally the standard covers.