Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What's going on with Martian Manhunter, what's with all the words words words words words in front of the gorgeous (and deeply unsettling) art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Two Tone Shoes posted:

And Cyborg is the protagonist here? Boy that's a lot of whiffs in one pitch.

Yeesh. I like Taylor a lot, but Cyborg sucks.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Real men don't get therapy. Real men bottle it all up.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So three jokers still a thing, or it all sidelined after Metal?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
There sure is a lot going on in HiC that probably speaks to Kings own issues with therapeutic treatment.

Also has the speed force ever been described as functioning this way, by anyone?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The Batman Who Laughs remains not very good and I need to stop reading it.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Which of y'all was crying out for more White Knight?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Also why is everyone trying to work out who he is, is Leviathan not taking place in contemporary comics?

The whole hood scene felt very Deathstroke vs JLA.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I can't get over how loving ugly Superman Year One is.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So what the heck is an Apex Lex?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Justice League broke the Source Wall, which released this cosmic lady who had birthed the universe for evil before her kids, Monitor, Antimonitor and a new guy, shut her away.
Lex has let her turn him into one of the "apex predator" creatures she originally populated her evil universe with. This also involved him absorbing Martian Manhunter.

TwoPair posted:

Luthor blew himself up and then came back in a clone body only genetically redesigned to match Perpetua's* original blueprint for humanity. Supposedly it makes him better in... ways... that we haven't really seen, in practice thus far it's just allowed him to act like even more of a prick.

*Perpetua is the heretofore never mentioned creator/god of the multiverse who was sealed away behind the Source Wall because her plans were some kinda hosed up "only the strong survive" hell earths.

Grey Superman is a weird look I can't lie.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Superman Year One #3

This is car crash comics and I do not know why I keep at it.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Holy crap Tom Taylor's Superman is boring and dumb.

Superman had to break his longtime vow to not euthanise someone in incredible pain, who was not going to get better. The horror.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Ughhhhhhh I should have realised. Tom Taylor just gets Superman.

Mr Hootington posted:

What comic is this?

Superman: Up in the Sky

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This month's Jimmy Olsen was wonderful. I was going to post some panels but there was a lot of lead up to most of the gags so you'll just have to trust me.

Absolutely and completely incredible. I never expected to see Batman get so thoroughly annihilated.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Jimmy Olsen still incredible.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Hahahah holy poo poo the White Knight reveal from Joker.
What a stupid comic.

"Batman, your great great great great great great great great great great granddad wasn't who you thought he was, ah-hah! Shattered your worldview. Your wealth is not woke. Checkmate."

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yes, but also Azrael is also SO COOL.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I thought 5g was just ruining our ability to predict the weather and :tinfoil: corona virus :tinfoil:

This sounds like when Barry did Flashpoint, tbh.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Saw an ad for Tom Kings new turd. War Criminal Adam Strange huh.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Late, but Superman: Villains was solid, particularly the Lex double page.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Anyone been reading Batman's Grave? Because it's blowing me away how boring it is.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, aside from wacky Alfred I'm not getting a whole lot out of it.

Wacky Alfred is delightful though.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Didn't she get super mad about him murdering a joker in issue 1?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Vandar posted:

Bruce should just build a totally and completely inescapable cell in the Batcave that's completely impossible for the Joker to get out of and keep him there. :colbert:

Too bad he'd only be there for like three issues before the reveal that he has a GPS chip under a fingernail and now all the clowns are planning an attack on the Batcave to free him.

I was reading some godawful event comic tie in where exactly this happened, except it was Deadshot and some other people with names, and the prison was introduced and broken out of within three pages.

All according to keikau.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

enigmahfc posted:

I think that was actually a Batman comic from the beginning of this year.
Because the Batman comics have been weird and somewhat bad recently.

Oh you're absolutely right.

Wanna know how they broke free?
iunnomagic??

Although, it did give us this phenomenal image.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Turning every hero into Spider-Man won't immediately fix them.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Honestly, more Tales from the Dark Multiverse please, I dig me some elseworlds.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

If you don't want to read an Atom story where everyone has lost their powers except him, but his powers have changed to just making one hand really big, you are not a true DC fan. Even typing this out it is hard to believe this was a story published in the last decade. Just jaw dropping.

Sorry, what?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Superman Red & Blue's first issue opening with Supes being tortured for eight months sure is a choice.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

frameset posted:

I really really loved the Wes Craig story though. I'm used to him being the artist on Deadly Class where horrible things happen to the protagonists, so it was a nice change!

Yeah, the other stories were really good and lovely.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Anyone else reading Justice League last ride? For a Zdarsky book it's really bad.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah I quite liked it, very keen to see how issue 2 unfolds.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Did they cancel Dark Knights of Steel or is just on hiatus?

Looks like it's just taking a while between issues.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Batman: Fortress ended with a wet thud, did Whitta not realised he only had 8 issues?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
If I was involved in a super speed war vs other super speedster types I'd to wake Superman up since he also seems pretty quick.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I am quite enjoying the individual Knight Terrors though the main story seems rather superfluous.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Gotta protect that brand identity.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
But it's also kind of odd that every crim in Gotham has the capability to be a cat burglar, surely some have to bomb out and still go back to henching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

site posted:

tbh "any criminal can be a cat burglar" seems like one of the least implausible things that happens in gotham every week

Oh for sure and I more mean that it's an interesting shakeup that still leaves lots of room for other stories to be told while it's dealt with.