Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Archyduchess posted:

Maybe I was just young at the wrong time but this line gave me a small heart attack, killed all the plants in my house, and turned my dogs evil:

hi, you have spread the evil to my home, and now snakes manifest physically from my computer monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bendis heard how popular this Joseph Joestar character is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I agree with Helena and Cass, though

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I just don't get how Orphan can be your superhero name when you are in a group where I'm pretty sure every single person is an Orphan except Damian. And I guess Kate? Just a lot or Orphans in the superhero biz. It'd be like naming yourself Superhero or Martial Artist.

The Orphan is marketable, what would you call her, Miss Sensetive??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is the editor just afraid that tom king will disappear him what's up with this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

blind item newsletters but for comic book writers and artists

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robbie Wayne scans as a celebrity name especially if they're insistent on keeping batman perpetually in his early 30s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

technically now there are 3 Wally Wests :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

But the real question is will this follow black label tradition and show us Harley Quinn's dick?

it's Stjepan Sejic

of course you're gonna see Harley's dick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Si Spurrier on Hellblazer 👀

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

I never understood those COMICS EXPLAINED channels as opposed to just reading the comics yourself.

some people just adamantly reject the idea of buying and reading or even finding scans and reading comics

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

I wonder who will replace King on Batman

its me, i will

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how does this keep happening

like it's a running joke on Taylor's twitter that any time a divisive Tom King comic comes out he gets a bunch of angry tweets

they don't even share initials, its literally just their first names

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

Which villain releases the diss track revealing Tim likes to text 14yo girls and has a secret baby living in Vancouver

obviously the riddler but his verses are too cryptic and metaphorical for anyone to actually make out, simultaneously frustrating and delighting him to no end

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

A while ago when some hosed up "lesbians just need some good dick" poo poo he said got brought up.

don't be ridiculous, that's not what happened

what happened was it came to light thanks to endorph i think that DT moderates an imageboard dedicated to the idea of lesbians being hosed straight by men.

completely different.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I'm waiting for Chip Zdarsky to do his "Fourth Joker" story.

Four jokers, labelled One, Two, Three and Five

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

i like this one

good ol Jae Lee

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Man, what did DC do to poor Sean McKeever? After Gravity, Nomad: Girl Without a World, Young Allies and probably other things I'm forgetting* you'd think he would be The Guy to take over a book of teens and twentysomethings. Then he takes over Ttians, which I had forgotten, which featured things like Ravager kicking her one night stand out of bed with 'get out before I cut it off.' Which I haven't. :smith:

*Sentinel? Maybe Sentinel.

according to Matt Wilson, not long after McKeever's tenure at DC, Wilson tried to contact him for an interview about writing comics and McKeever's response was "Sorry, but I'm no longer a part of that industry."

considering that McKeever recently started writing comics again, you have to wonder if his experience at DC legitimately made Sean McKeever quit writing comics all together for a while.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and X-Men Red

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

It's weird that I hated Marvel Zombies but really like DCeased. The current Hope at World's End is okay, but the original and Unkillables are really good.

its because Tom Taylor is a good writer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Johns had a lot of big plans. He and Didio thought bringing back Barry would be as popular as bringing back Hal and that they'd get to do a bunch of spinoff books for everyone.

Turns out no one gave a poo poo about Barry at first so Didio's bright idea was to excise everything but Barry for 15 years until the only Flash readers around have only known Barry. Which worked I guess, though I mostly blame the TV show.

i'm sorry i seem to be misreading this post because i swear to god its saying that bringing back Hal Jordan was popular

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

barry is actually short for fionnbharr

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Oh lord please don't let my nightmare about the Three Jokers be some excuse for BWL or Bruce to be the 4th Joker because every deck needs a full suite

but there are only 2 jokers in a deck of cards...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao is today the day we find out E&C is a chud?

the gently caress

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

The book is called DC Cybernetic Summer, which is unfortunate 'cuz I read it as "DC Cybernetic Superman" at first and was like ugggh this guy again? But um without spoiling, Booster and Beetle go on a vacation. It's not too long, just a short story in a longer book.

are you talking mess about Hank Henshaw aka Cyborg Superman???????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

finally, Jack the Ripper will make his DC debut

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Get this... What if Damian... becomes the next Joker???

Hire me, DC

Kid Joker??????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tumblr Funnyman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

to protect their shoulders, madkal

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Madkal posted:

Mariko Tamaki is going to be the new ongoing writer for Detective Comics. I haven't read any of her super hero stuff but her original graphic novels are excellent. That being said the original graphic novels of hers that I have read have been teen orientated and usually from a teenage girl perspective so I am very curious about how it will work with Batman. If her superhero stuff is good though, let me know.

Her X-23 series was very good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

They want to kiss starfire

thats true aaaaand

thats true

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jupiter Jazz posted:

Luke Cage marrying a white woman is like the story my friend told where he went to a Talib Kweli concert and talked about black pride and then he caught Talib macking up 6/10 white woman at the bar after the show.

Nothing wrong with interracial relationships but given what the character stands for it's pretty hilarious.

This but in comic book form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xxIeO_9Mxo

loving :lol:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this might have been the most ill-considered post i've seen in a very long time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cole Cash, aka Grifter????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Wait, "World's Finest" makes people think of cops? I've literally only ever heard it in the context of comics.

its a play on calling a city's police force it's "finest". New York's Finest, Los Angeles' Finest, Chicago's Finest, etc

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I understand that is Black Lightning

but that panel really makes it look like he's Duke's Stand

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sounds wretched!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

vegetables posted:

Wouldn’t someone from the 25th century get social media wrong in, like, really weird ways

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

in RWBY world, the animal ears makes him an oppressed minority

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

clownhunter, the mumblecore vigilante

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe tom king should write actual stories specific to certain characters and not just write generic plots and have editorial hand him characters to make them about????