Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I actually really liked the ending of Doomsday Clock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I know there aren't a whole lot of Wally West or even The Flash fans around these parts, but anyone who does like Wally should probably pick up Speed Metal.

Came here to talk about this. I have mostly stopped reading DC. I've been dabbling in Action Comics and paid attention to the big events/DCeased. A lot of it's just been bad thing after bad thing and this issue was hopeful. Wally is my Flash and I love the Flash family. This was great.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I actually really liked the Superboy-Prime issue 🤷‍♂️

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I read every Future State first issue but I can't bring myself to read the second because none of them stood out enough to make me remember which of three out of the five million books I actually liked.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Anyone else read the Man-Bat mini? I oddly enough really liked it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

How Wonderful! posted:

You know what, seconds after editing my post I got a call-back for an interview for a true dream job so actually I change my mind, draw your ex as a child being hit in the face by your boss and the universe will move mountains for you.

Congratulations! I hope your new boss is less violent than Batman.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

JordanKai posted:

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1447565280423469058

Is this old news or did this information only just come out no pun intended? Either way, it's awesome. And I hope Superman's new boyfriend gets him to shave his dreadful sideburns.

I like Jon Kent and I think this is cool

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I will follow up that really great write-up on Wonder Woman Historia (which I will now pick up, thank you!) to give a second, equally important write up:

Read Human Target. It's very good. Thank you.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Boy, business picked up in the latest DC vs. Vampires.

The Vampire Lord was who I expected it to be (it was either him or Batgirl). I can't believe there's six more issues of this. It's wild.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Si Spurrier's Black Label Suicide Squad book is hosed up and it rules.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jiro posted:

Anyone been reading Dark Crisis, or keeping up with it? I just read the first two issues where Beast Boy get's shot in the face and peaced out. Has it sunken to Infinite Crisis levels, or leveled out?

It's fine. I liked the Swamp Thing/Jon Kent side-book the best, I think.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I guess I'm not sure... what even happened? Pariah was just... crazy, I guess? And so the Great Darkness wasn't anything... or it was? Where did he get all that power? The Gentry was an agent of Pariah? I guess? He kinda got what he wanted in the end - the return of the Infinite Earths - so, like... what was all the evil chains and poo poo for?

I think there were a lot of great moments in a not-so-great event. The full crux of it is just a mess, though. Maybe because it took sooooo long between issues.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was so bummed about the ending to DC vs Vampires. It's very not good but I was so on board with the rest.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Nightwing #100 slaps. Great book. I also really liked World's Finest and Bane this week.

That said, it's hard to believe Jeremy Adams is still writing Flash after the last two issues. I've really loved the book since he came on board but this arc is so different and kinda... dreadful? I'm digging the old speedsters but that's about it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

goddamn Human Target has been so good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

why did superboy go to namek in this issue?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cyborg talking about getting a hell computer virus was :discourse:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like Danger Street, even if it's running a little long.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Justice League International is obviously amazing, but I have even more love for the sequel minis: Formerly Known As The Justice League and I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League are both fantastic. He also co-created Jaime Reyes. What a killer and eclectic career.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I have liked the Zdarsky run a lot so far but uhhhh I found Joker Year 1 to be really confusing and pointless?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think the Penguin series is just really good. Thanks everyone.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Xelkelvos posted:

Except the part where Penguin knows Batman's identity and that they've basically had this agreement forever that Penguin act as his informant while knowingly letting some of his organized crime slide

Nah that's cool

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Darth Nat posted:

His Nightwing is basically an experiment in how many issues he can put out without moving the plot forward.

Wild. Nightwing is the best book at DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Power Girl is fun and cool. Leah Williams hasn't written any bad books I've read imo