Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Most recent show: Week 195: Let's try this... one more time
Most recent PPV: Week 196: skeleton wars 5 - AT DA BEACH (PPV)

[ OHPW Arena ] - [ OHPW Network ] - [ Sign-Up Form ] - [ Discord ]
"Devil Mark" Logo by PublicOpinion

What's OHPW?
It's not a traditional LP but I'll still be showing a common way people enjoy tha game we're using. It's an e-wrestling show featuring matches and occasional backstage and in-ring segments. Feuds are had, titles are fought over, people turn Super Saiyan. You know, wrestling stuff. Most of the characters are signed-up by viewers. All of the matches take place in a heavily modded Fire Pro Wrestling World allowing us to have wrestlers rip off their jackets live and on air without any editing in post necessary.

Pictured: Mr. Shakedown returning after being shot by Toru Yano and left bleeding in the ring for over 30 minutes.

We've been going for three years now but have hit a significant climax on our last show. So now's there's a better time for a soft break than anything. Keep in mind that the match I linked is not indicative of what we regularly do, that was a special occasion. Normally we don't go quite that hard and more importantly, normally matches are live instead of pre-recorded and adorned with very insipid commentary. Also we don't constantly do super moves and Super Saiyan transformations. Gotta keep those few and far inbetween.

Pictured: Something that almost never happens and I'd really rather you didn't request special transformations, that's a thing that just kind of emerges, if it ever does and is incredibly rare.

Join the Show
You can sign-up a character here, whether you created it yourself or want me to make it. If you're unsure whether a character like yours already exists look at the following image. It features many of the characters of past and present, but not all of the. They are mostly alpahbetically ordered with some exceptions (mainly the last row) and it omits a few, mostly more recent, characters I never made a cut-out for or characters that appear less often.

We have a sizeable Roster already, as you can see. Some, including myself, might say too big. So I cycle people in and out of more prominent spots but I also removed some characters by people who haven't been around in a while (but also adopted a few, mostly the non-original ones.) If you want to make sure your already existing character is still in / brought back or want to request changes just drop a line in this thread or contact me any other way you think is appropriate.

FAQ
These are all questions I actually got at one point or another. They haven't really been frequently asked just asked once, for most of the time, but I don't care.

Q: Huh, you're not playing this?
A: Yes. This is simulated. I let the AI work its magic. It can be very exciting. With Fire Pro in particular I have access to an in-game AI editor that allows me to change the behavior of each character. With the mods I use my options increase even more. It's hard sometimes to just let it go and not keep tweaking things.

Q: Do I have to be a Let's Player to join?
A: No.

Q: Is this live?
A: Unless you're watching a VOD, yes. I sometimes wish I pre-recorded stuff to avoid some issues that come with doing things live but it's more exciting this way. Aside from the scenes and promos almost everything is live. Sometimes I also pre-record other segments, and sometimes matches but this happens more for pacing issues, though, i's rare. Naturally for the "Season finale" the entire match was pre-recorded, there was no other way to do this.

Q: Oh, so this is just like VGCW?
A: Kind of? VGCW was the original inspiration when I first got into this hobby in 2013. Back then I didn't know this was a phenomenon that had entire communities built around it that made their own game-based wrestling shows. Some call themselves e-feds, some CAW leagues but it's fair to put them all under the umbrella of e-wrestling.

Q: Are the outcomes pre-determined?
A: Generally no. As tempting as it would be to do that sometimes. I used to be much more strict about never influencing the matches at all (to a point where I went "I swear I'm not rigging this" multiple times when things got too good, mainly because of things I can't influence anyway) but started doing things mainly to affect the pacing a while ago. For example for bigger matches I use mods to prevent matches to end via a nothing move. Or to reduce the defense of both wrestlers to quicken up the pacing if needed.

Watch the Tapes
This is wrestling. It's not like you'd go back and watch decades of WWE shows if you were to get into that right now. So just hop in at the most recent episodes. Trust me, you'll pick up on stuff and we're always happy to answer questions. But if you wish you can check out all of the previous episodes if for whatever reason you think that's a good idea.

OHPW - Year One
OHPW - Year Two
OHPW - Year Three
OHPW - Year Four

OHPW - Year Five
Week 181: The Fifth
Week 182: Even as a champ...
Week 183: I should buy some gin.
Week 184: PINK SKULL GIN 3 (PPV)

Week 185: HELLFIRE 2023 - Night 1 (Tournament)
Week 186: HELLFIRE 2023 - Night 2 (Tournament)
Week 187: HELLFIRE 2023 - Night 3 (Tournament)
Week 188: HELLFIRE 2023 - FINALS (Tournament) (PPV)

Week 189: The Time Has Come
Week 190: Ten more
Week 191: Display
Week 192: AT DOOM'S GATE Kiwami (PPV)

Week 193: New Age of Champions
Week 194: Big Beef Battle
Week 195: Let's try this... one more time
Week 196: skeleton wars 5 - AT DA BEACH (PPV)

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Current Championships

Hellweight Championship

What is the weight of one hell? Simple, it's the current weight of the Hellweight Champion. This is the big one. The grand prize. It's only defended once a month on PPVs only. Its contenders are chosen based on their performance in singles matches and usually there is an explicit No. 1 Contender Match on the go-home show before a PPV. The title as well as No. 1 Contender Matches are always contested under the standard ruleset with the addition that no seconds at ringside or interference are allowed. Exceptions only occur if the game doesn't cooperate AND I'm drunk/tired. Matches are usually officiated by SATAN but sometimes he takes a nap so someone else takes over. Currently SATAN is completely drained in a tube with some liquid so IGgy has taken over Hellweight referee duties for th time being.

Notable reigs:
SD = Successful Defense
1st Champion: Suzan Blades - 3 SDs - 119 Days
2nd Champion: Pantha - 4 SDs - 140 Days (longest reign)
3rd Champion: Fomore - 0 SDs - 28 Days (First person to earn all solo titles))
4th Champion: Harmony Gray - 3 SDs - 147 Days
5th Champion: Grace Thoruson - 4 SDs - 139 Days (First person to tie Pantha's record)
10th Champion: Harmony Gray - 1 SD - 56 Days ( First two-time Champion)
11th Champion: Fomore - 3 SDs - 126 Days

Darkweight Championship

A secondary title that is defended twice per month (Once in the build, once on the PPV.) It has been elevated quite a bit due to some impressive reigns but to surpass the Hellweight Title in stature. Earning Contendership is less rigid than with the Hellweight title. But you still gotta earn it. It usually involves winning a match recently, though. There are sometimes No. 1 Contender matches but they don't happen regularly. LIke the Hellweight Title these matches are contested under our standard ruleset, exceptions are rarely made but it's always a one on one match.

Notable reigns:
SD = Successful Defense
1st Champion: Cocademon - 1 SD - 7 Days
5th Champion: Angus McMutton - 2 SDs - 35 Days (first reign with more than one SD)
9th Champion: Ryu - 5 SDs - 84 Days
17th Champion: Kayu Zakisaka - 3 SDs - 55 Days
18th Champion: Ricc 2 Thicc - 3 SDs - 57 Days
21st Champion: Angus McMutton - 9 SDs - 216 Days (HOLY poo poo, our longest singles title reign ever)

Legion Tag Championships

These are our Tag Team titles. Our tag division is a good bit smaller than our singles division but much like the Darkweight title this one is defended twice per month. Once in the build and once on the PPV. Contendership is earned simply by recent performance in Tag matches. Due to the size of the division and the relative rarity of tag matches we sometimes have to consult stats from a longer period of time to decide who gets to challenge for these titles.

Notable reigns:
SD = Successful Defense
1st Champions: Pineapple Pizza (Pine Appel and Cheese Pietzza) - 1 SD - 14 Days
5th Champions: Team Skull (Grunt Pink and Grunt Blue) - 2 SDs - 35 Days (first reign with more than one SD)
11th Champions: Pineapple Pizza (Pine Appel and Cheese Pietzza) - 2 SDs - 35 Days (First two-time champions)
12th Champions: Team Skull (Grunt Pink and Grunt Blue) - 6 SDs - 140 Days (longest reign at the time)
13th Champions: Pineapple Pizza (Pine Appel and Cheese Pietzza) - 2 SDs - 42 Days (First three-time champions)
14th Champions: School of Slam (Supreme Sadim and Muscle Wizard)) - 6 SDs - 97 Days (tying the Skull Grunts' record)
15th Champions: Pineapple Pizza (Pine Appel and Cheese Pietzza) - 0 SDs - 7 Days (First four-time champions)
17th Champions: Real Beer Float (Austin Ramon and Sgt. Sprinklez) - 4 SDs - 98 Days (pretty good reign)
18th Champions: Pineapple Pizza (Pine Appel and Cheese Pietzza) - 0 SDs - 56 Days (First five-time champions)
21st Champions: K+M (Kelsey Slaughter and Maya Northwind) - 6 SDs - 105 Days (Second group to tie the Skull Grunts' record)
25th Champions: Pinneapple Pineapple Pizza (Pine Appel and Cheese Pietzza) - 3SDs - 49 Days (First six-time champions)

Seven Deadly Pins

The current champion is called the deadliest pinner. Contrary to the name the title can also be earned via submission or knockout. The real kicker is that it's defended exclusively in eight-person Elimination Battle Royal matches. Defenses happen twice per month. In the build all contestants start out in the ring at the same time. ON PPVs they enter one by one, with the champion always entering first. Traditionally the champion is the first one to be eliminated no matter the format. This is definitely the hardest title to defend due to defending it against seven other people at once. But successful defenses do happen occasionally

Notable reigns:
SD = Successful Defense
1st Champion: Undeddie Guerrero - 0 SDs - 21 Days
3rd Champion: Fomore - 1 SD - 35 Days (First reign with a SD)
8th Champion: Vacation Skeleton - 0 SDs - 7 Days (First person to win the title twice)
33rd Champion: Hellranger Flamander - 2 SDs- 48 Days (First reign with more than one SD)
43rd Champion: VACANT - 4 SDs - 91 Days

Pokeymanz Title / CVRSE >:3
This title is not sanctioned as such there is no schedule for defenses and there are no rules on how contenders are determined or what match types it can be defended in, it's on the line in any match it's champion participates in and falls count anywhere.It's a cursed object that gains power by people fighting over it. Essentially it's kind of a 24/7 Title with the limitations of it being in a video game. The only rules for the title to change hands are that the person currently holding it must be defeated by any means. Though, Disqualifications or Count-outs don't seem to please the CVRSE of the Pokeymanz Title. The Pokeymanz Title has the potential to change hands multiple times in the same match.

Notable reigns:
SD = Successful Defense
1st Champion: IGgy IGsen - 0 SDs - 0 Days (didn't even win it, just picked it up)
2nd Champion: Ricc 2 Thicc - 0 SDs - 0 Days (beat IGgy for it in the roll dem Bones match and lost it again in said match)
3rd Champion: Family Man - 2 SDs - 56 Days (First reign with any SDs)
6th Champion: VACANT 5 SDs - 98 Days
8th Champion: Quackenduckboy Jr. - 3 SDs - 105 Days
11th Champion: Vacation Skeleton - 3 SDs - 70 Days

Retired Championships

Bunny Championship :3

This championship used to be defended on every show in a singles match until it evolved into the Cvrsed Pokeymanz Title. Turns out the cosmic bunnies had a bad day when they made the Bunny title and this tainted it, turning into into a corrupted version over time.
Contenders were determined

Notable reigns:
SD = Successful Defense
1st Champion: Canada Alderman - 1 SD - 14 Days
2nd Champion: Mr. Shakedown - 4 SDs - 35 Days
11th Champion: Roy - 4 SDs - 35 Dys
12th Champion: Mr. Shakedown - 3 SDs - 28 Days (First two-time champion)
13th Champion: Hellranger Flamander - 3 SDs - 28 Days
15th Champion: Sheev Palpatine - 6 SDs - 49 Days
16th Champion: Black - 7 SDs - 63 Days (Longest Bunny Title reign)
17th Champion: Suzan Blades - 3 SDs - 28 Days
18th Champion: Nero Sin - 0 SDs - 7 Days (Won the title in his retirement match, it was formally vacated a week later)
19th Champion: VACANT - 7 SDs - 49 Days
20th Champion: Black - 4 SDs - 28 Days (Final Bunny Champion before its evolution into the Pokeymanz Title)

Jabroni Royale
This is much less a title than a mark of shame. Well, it's a title, but not one to be proud of. It's awarded to the losers of its matches. And it has no physical belt because why would you give a loser some trinket. However, this title was still popular with the crowd. At the start of every show this title would be on the line in an exploding barbed wire deathmatch. This title was retired for two reasons. Mainly it limited our booking a bit but it was also quite a negative thing and mostly a hold-over from an old fed of mine that we simply did because it was always done.

Notable reigns:
FE = Failed Escape
1st Sucker: IGgy IGsen - 1 FE - 14 Days
5th Sucker: The Ego - 8 FEs - 63 Days
6th Sucker: Kayu Zakisaka - 12 FEs - 91 Days
15th Sucker: Plumeria - 13 FEs - 98 Days
17th Sucker: Arcade Legend rear end - 13 FEs - 112 Days
It should be noted that all of the above made a combeack and improved significantly. Except for me.

Recurring Events

HELLFIRE Tournament
The Hellfire Tournament is an annual tournament spanning multiple shows with the finals taking place at a PPV of the same name. In its first year it had no specific name but i t's still considered the first HELLFIRE Tournament. The format is always single elimination but the amount of participants is not fixed. It happens early in the year and can be considered a soft reset. Old stars may find a second wind and new ones might establish themselves with big wins. In its first year the prize for winning was the Hellweight title itself. In the following years it is one of the few time champions may fight in non-title matches. The prize for winning the tournament is instead a carte blanche to book any match the winner chooses. With restrictions of course. This is not a money in the bank briefcase after all.
-Winner may book a match with any participants as long s they are on the active roster (can but does not have to include themselves)
-Participants can't include people who have already been booked that same show if the favor is "cashed in" to occur on the same show.
-Cannot book title matches featuring two champions (Nothing that results in a double champion.)

Winner of first Tournament: Suzan Blades (won Hellweight Title in Tournament)
Winner of second Tournament: Grace Thoruson (challenged Harmony gray for Hellweight Title)
Winner of third Tournament: Angus McMutton (challenged VACANT to Lest Jimmy Standing Match)

Showdown Tournament
SHOWDOWN is a round robin tournament with MMA style bouts. This tournament is not held at specific intervals and there is no real prize to earn. Success in the tournament may still increase the stocks of the wrestlers, however. Due to the vastly different ruleset the Showdown Tournament for sure has a tendency to showcase hidden talents or unknown weaknesses.

Winner of first Tournament: Malfest Goat-Monster
Winner of second Tournament: Bobson Dugnutt

skeleton wars
Based on a dril tweet this PPV is somewhat more shitposty than usual. A staple match is the roll dem bones match. A Battle Royal featuring only skeletons. The first iteration was essentially a three-way while later ones had people temporarily skelefied to fill up the match with more skeletons.

Significant Matches/Events
2019: The first Roll Dem Bones match is held
2020: The Bunny Title >:3 evolves into the Pokeymanz Title

LEST JIMMY STANDING
Lest Jimmy Standing is just scottish for Last Man Standing according to that one translator I found on the internet. These events have mainly been called this because Angus McMutton decided to challenge VACANT to a Last Man Standing match for a variety of reasons each year at around the same time.

Significant Matches/Eventse
2019: Angus loses to VACANT and vows to stop using the letter G until he can earn it back, becoming Anus.
2020: Anus loses to VACANT but does slightly better than last time, earning back the letter G, becoming Angus again.
2021: Angus loses to VACANT but this time way more convincingly because VACANT has powered up at the start of the year. This has no effect on Angus using the letter G.

JUDGEMENT NIGHT
I wouldn't say there's a clear "biggest show" in OHPW but this one comes the closest. Two of its iterations had a hype video (2019 and 2020.) The main reason this show is viewed more highly is because of the number of things that it established or that occured on it.

2019: The first Bloodtober Gorefest happens, Fomore earns the Hellweight Title from Pantha becoming the first to win every solo title, Flamander transforms for the first time in OHPW
2020: Black beats VACANT for a third time, The Class of 2020 Rumble takes place with an actual punching bag lasting the longest. Freddie vs. Flamander Title Match, Suzan and Sadim turn Super Saiyan and fight each other.
2021: Maya wins the Bloodtober Gorefest for the third time in a row. Toru Yano shoots Arn Anderson. Mirroring their encounter two years prior, Pantha this time defeats Fomore for the Hellweight Title.

YEAR OF THE BEAST
This show caps off the year. It's usually the last show of the year or the first one of the following year. This isn't meant to be anything significant, we're just having fun with the final show of the year. Still, sometimes important things do happen.

Significant Matches/Events
2019: Dash Rendar becomes a god (?)
2021: The Anime Showdown with VACANT where VACANT died took place.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 14, 2022

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Our first Hellweight Champion by PublicOpinion

Doc Mutant, Grace Thoruson, Harmony Gray and Nawt a Robutt playing together by PublicOpinion

Maya Northwind's debut by phallen1

Mina causing technical difficulties by PublicOpinion

Maya vs. Angus by phallen1

Never count the FOB out... by PublicOpinion

Rubbing salt in the wounds by PublicOpinion

Maya with her Gorefest Prize posted by phallen1 drawn by Lumineko

Fomore Had... a good merch design by PublicOpinion

oRa Club fo-fo-fo-fo-fo-for Life! by PublicOpinion

Harmony Gray's got a shot at the Hellweight Title! by PublicOpinion

A different side of Kayu Zakisaka by PublicOpinion

Harmony Gray vs. Suzan Blades by PublicOpinion

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 12, 2020

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Woo, getting on the ground floor (already being pinned)! Prolly won't be active here since I chat enough in the discord already.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
wrestling is forever

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
How blatantly am I allowed to just submit an OC?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Jesus is the only face, may he submit my soul into repentance

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Neopie posted:

Everybody does it anyway and I'm not sure why it should be a problem. (As long as it's not something impossible to make)

Just keep in mind that I won't be able to mind heaps of backstory and there's a reason that the form says that the personality given is more of a suggestion.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 4, 2019

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Submitted my dude,deviated from the last few tournaments by suggesting a videogame dude instead of a movie one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Namtab posted:

Jesus is the only face, may he submit my soul into repentance

dash rendar is jesus???

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
DCB... will fight... AGAIN!

I hope. Unless IGgy says "naw she sucked she can stay in LPFWA." But I submitted her, so there!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

DCB... will fight... AGAIN!

I hope. Unless IGgy says "naw she sucked she can stay in LPFWA." But I submitted her, so there!

Why would I ever turn away DCB? DCB is precious and the purest, most natural babyface we ever had. Not even when she communed with the dark gods of the coffeenomicon to acquire the power to earn her first pinfall victory after heroically depriving herself of caffeine for an entire week to make her more susceptible to their blessing. No one could boo her. No one even considered that.

In other news, we got 21 character submissions total already (a few of them from before the thread started, of course). Keep em coming! There's a couple good ones so far.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

The first show will be next week on Saturday at the earliest, but probably the week after. The initial setup always takes a bit.

The first new batch of characters is in:

Dash Rendar (Blind Sally)

(Made by me)
You didn't specify whether you wanted me to make regular Dash or washed-up and overweight Dash. So I made them both (it's just a minor edit) and threw in the Final Episode attire of both LPFWA seasons he was on because he always ends up in his underwear.

DivineCoffeeBinge

(Made by me)
Here she is. I took a few liberties with the move set. I still remember what her Finisher, the Espresso Shot, was beofore (A corner Shiranui) so I made it that. I also gave her a Blue Thunder Bomb, A Top Rope Elbow (though, that is her least flippy top rope maneuver) and then there's a move that is called Ultimate Hold that looks physics defying and may be an Izuna Drop or something similar. Though, let me know if you want me to change it to how you requested it in the form. Also: That's the NJPW Lion Mark on her chest. If you don't look to hard it looks a little bit like a Starbucks logo.

Mr. Shakedown (Voltic Surge)

(Made by Deathmaster780)
Unfortunately there's no Fedora in this game and the selection of hats is rather limited (It's a couple bandanas mostly and a baseball cap.

The Great Maharaja (cybernetic caveman)

(Made by PublicOpinion)
Not really sure I have to say anything about this one. It's apparently a bear with a T-shirt that looks like the bare chest of a human... I'll take it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

These are all the finished ones so far! If you spy yours in there and have any questions or want me to change things just let me know. There's still a few that are unfinished or that we haven't started on yet but this goes faster than I thought it would. (And Sally, still waiting on whether you want Dash Classic or Out of shape Dash.)

First show will most likely be next week on Saturday. More info incoming once we have the first match card set up.

In no particular order. You can download most of them here and the ones you can't will be added eventually.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
oh! i didn't realize that was a question and thought both Dashes were in the game in like a sort of time loop thing...

but yah, classic Dash!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Blood Sally posted:

oh! i didn't realize that was a question and thought both Dashes were in the game in like a sort of time loop thing...

but yah, classic Dash!

Oh, they are both in the game because the game lets you save four attires. So we CAN do that if you wanna.

Generally, if anyone has submitted any characters they want back from the old fed that went through several gimmicks or phases we can go with whichever is preferred.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I love how every new incarnation of Palpatine just has less and less pants.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

The One True DCB Preview Picture!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay, people, it's time for our first show. It will be this saturday at 23:00 GMT+1. Click that last link and the page handily will convert that to your local time zone.

I've uploaded more pics of the Roster, like the ones from earlier but now there's more here. And I'm still not done with all the submissions, there's more characters to come.

Below is the match card for our inaugural show!

#1 Jabroni Royale Deathmatch (Ref: Guy Skull)
Dash Rendar vs. IGgy

#2 Three-Way (First Fall) (Ref: Guy Skull)
Princess Slaughter vs. Vacation Skeleton vs. The Ego

#3 Landmine Deathmatch (Ref: Guy Skull)
Lemuel Post vs. Fomore

#4 Singles Match (Ref: Guy Skull)
King Skeleton vs. DivineCoffeeBinge

#5 Bunny Championship :3 (Ref: Majestic Goat-Man)
Palpatine vs. Rosette

#6 Tag Team Match (Ref: Guy Skull)
Pine Appel & Cheese Pietzza vs. HazMatt & Rick Wreckage

#7 Seven Deadly Pins Championship (Ref: Mama Bear)
Suzan Blades vs. Boob Marley vs. Grace Thoruson vs. Undeddie Guerrero vs. The Great Maharaja vs. N-T Punk vs. Harmony Gray vs. Mr. Shakedown

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The One True DCB Preview Picture!
I knew you'd appreciate that. If DCB loses all the time again it's not on purpose, by the way.

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how every new incarnation of Palpatine just has less and less pants.
You say that as though Palpy ever wore pants, though he's getting confident to show more and more leg. (Technically it's about the same length as his last LPFWA incarnation, but due to the squatting stance I gave him it looks like he hasn't got any robe at all.)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blood Sally posted:

dash rendar is jesus???

This is now canon and I will oppose anyone who infers otherwise

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Namtab posted:

This is now canon and I will oppose anyone who infers otherwise

Now I'm not saying anything, buuuut

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Going live with OHPW now. The show will begin in 15 minutes.
https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

Here's the match card again:

#1 Dash Rendar vs. IGgy (Jabroni Royale Deathmatch)
#2 Princess Slaughter vs. Vacation Skeleton vs. The Ego
#3 Lemuel Post vs. Fomore (Landmine Deathmatch)
#4 King Skeleton vs. DivineCoffeeBinge
#5 Palpatine vs. Rosette (for the Bunny Title :3)
#6 PineAppel Pietzza vs. Fallout Boys
#7 Suzan Blades vs. Boob Marley vs. Grace Thoruson vs. Undeddie Guerrero vs. The Great Maharaja vs. N-T Punk vs. Harmony Gray vs. Mr. Shakedown (for the Seven Deadly Pins Title)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

So close! Heck of a match, King Skeleton!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Let's be real here, Palpy threw that match because he didn't want to be saddled with the Bunny belt for a third time.

Also welcome back Boob Marley, you have been sorely missed.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

OHPW - Week 1: Business May Die (Twitch VOD)

And three clips, all of them from the second match!

https://clips.twitch.tv/HotAverageMartenOpieOP
https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedPeppyPorpoiseCmonBruh
https://clips.twitch.tv/CaringTolerantKiwiBrainSlug

And one from King Skeleton vs. DCB
https://clips.twitch.tv/UglyRefinedGoatBCWarrior

According to the game's algorithm this show had an average 90.43% Match Rating.

Match Card and Results posted:

Okay, people, it's time for our first show. It will be this saturday at 23:00 GMT+1. Click that last link and the page handily will convert that to your local time zone.

I've uploaded more pics of the Roster, like the ones from earlier but now there's more here. And I'm still not done with all the submissions, there's more characters to come.

Below is the match card for our inaugural show!

Scene: Satan introduces OHPW somewhat and announces a Tournament for the BIG Title, the Infernal Hellweight Title starting next show!

#1 Jabroni Royale Deathmatch (Ref: Guy Skull)
Dash Rendar vs. IGgy
The Pinning of IGgy IGsen by the Coward Dash Rendar - Match Rating: 100%

#2 Three-Way (First Fall) (Ref: Guy Skull)
Princess Slaughter vs. Vacation Skeleton vs. The Ego
This match dragged on but everybody had a great time. Especially Vacation Skeleton because they won by submitting Princess Slaughter - Match Rating: 96%

Scene: Lemuel attempts to convince IGgy of his causes but IGgy is too busy hailing Satan, then Satan reveals the tragic Backstory of Lemuel, who somehow thinks he's stuck in a christian hell and is banned from heaven. That would have been two flashback episodes in an anime.

#3 Landmine Deathmatch (Ref: Guy Skull)
Lemuel Post vs. Fomore
Fomore took the win here, after like, 12 Burning Hammers (or CAP - Corporate Approved Punishment) they managed to submit Lemuel with a Binding Clutch. Whoa whoa whoa! Wheeeeee! - Match Rating: 73%

#4 Singles Match (Ref: Guy Skull)
King Skeleton vs. DivineCoffeeBinge
D C B, D C B, D C B, they chanted, but to no avail. King Skeleton was the one who won this match via pinfall - Match Rating: 90%

Scene: Majestic Goat-Man is backstage and gets acquainted with Mama Bear. Goat explains that he won the Bunny Championship once but broke his neck in the process. He made a deal with the cosmic bunnies to become the referee for a new Bunny Title in Hell in exchange for a recovered neck. I then immediately forgot to set him as a ref in the match he was supposed to be the referee for.

#5 Bunny Championship :3 (Ref: Majestic Goat-Man)
Palpatine vs. Rosette
Palpy putting over the new talent strong as Rosette gets a Pinfall Victory over him. - Match Rating: 79%

#6 Tag Team Match (Ref: Guy Skull)
Pine Appel & Cheese Pietzza vs. HazMatt & Rick Wreckage
PineAppel Pietzza take the win after a hard-fought match when Pine Appel pins Rick Wreckage - Match Rating: 95%

Scene:

#7 Seven Deadly Pins Championship (Ref: Mama Bear)
Suzan Blades vs. Boob Marley vs. Grace Thoruson vs. Undeddie Guerrero vs. The Great Maharaja vs. N-T Punk vs. Harmony Gray vs. Mr. Shakedown
This is just the kind of Clusterfuck everybody expected it to be. Eight idiots in one ring and they took each other out one after another. First N-T Punk, then Harmony, the Maharaja, Grace, Suzan, Boob and Mr. Shakedown until only Undeddie Guerrero remained standing. - Match Rating: 100%

----
The below is a post from my former Patreon which is no longer in use. I've appended it to the corresponding update post to preserve it.
----
It's been about a month in the making but we finally launched OHPW for good. And it was a fun show too.

I made a ton of wrestlers but also got plenty of help from Deathmaster780 and PublicOpinion who both made some characters of their own and helped me work through the submissions. Of course there were some other people who submitted their own characters as well.

I have 78 hours logged into Fire Pro Wrestling world now. Before I started on this it was closer to 20. A lot of work went into creating character's appearances and movesets but even more time was taken up by watching matches to make tweaks to the CPU logic to make sure everything works as intended. And I didn't get done with everyone yet and even the one's i ended up being satisfied with will likely be tweaked more over time as more matches happen and I notice peculiarities.

I also actually comissioned an artist (PublicOpinion) to make a logo for OHPW. It was a very smooth and quick process and the NJPW style Devil Mark you've been seeing is the result.

I hope OHPW will go for a long time. I just have to get used to live editing again. Haven't done this since LPFWA Season 2.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 16, 2020

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I never watched any of the past "seasons" of Iggy's shows, and I wouldn't really call myself a ring-rat, but I'm having fun from the ground floor on of this thread. Vacation Skeleton is definitely my favorite so far of the league. The gif preview for this first week pretty much nails his personality 100%-having a ball, and ramming himself into the turnbuckle!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Heck yeah, gonna check the VOD now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
An OHPW camera crew heads backstage. They head towards a broom closet that has a sign taped to the door. The sign reads "Where the magic happens". They enter and see the closet is empty of brooms and that the back wall has been punched through. The hole reveals a tunnel. The camera crew follows the tunnel until they reach the end. A poster covers the tunnel exit, bright light shining through.The camera crew pushed through the poster and into the OHPW gym. Dash Rendar is nearby. He spots them and moves hastily over, covering the hole back up with the poster.

What the poodoo, guys? I thought you'd come through the front door! You're going to wreck my private entrance if the staff here catch you coming through my secret tunnel.
Perhaps there wouldn't be any need for a secret tunnel if you'd just pay the gym fees, sir.
I ain't payin' nothin'! I've given years of my life to wrestling and where has it gotten me? No where! Absolutely no where! And it's all IGgy's fault! Blood, sweat, and tears, Leebo, blood, sweat, and tears. I gave everything DashCo. had to the LPFWA. And what happened?
You ran it into the ground, went bankrupt, and had everything liquidated.
Precisely! I had to sell everything I owned to keep wrestling. I sold the Outrider, the Outrunner, and you, Leebo.
You also became an overweight, pizza-eating alcoholic.
Exactly! l lost my health, I lost my ships, and I lost my best friend.
Only friend, sir, and I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that it's only programming that keeps me around.
Ah, you say that, but I know you don't mean it, Leebo. Hell, you're working in the OHPW training gym and you've yet to bust me for sneaking in.
Again, sir, programming.
I still don't understand why wrestlers have to pay to use the gym, though...
We're in hell, sir, this isn't a charity.
Ah, whatever. Whatever! I mean that. Things are going to change. Things are looking up for Dash.

Dash focuses his attention on the camera crew.

I've been training, see. Training hard. I've gotten back to my usual buff self. I've got a goal, see, I reason to be.

He leans in close to one of the cameras.

I'm gonna make IGgy IGsen's life a living hell--
Uh--
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, we're literally in hell. This is gonna be a metaphorical hell! See, I thought IGgy was a buddy of mine. I thought he had my best interests at heart. I thought he was going to see my potential to be the greatest and help me get the championship. But that never happened. It never happened, IGgy! And do you know why not?
Is it because you're not as good as you think you are?
No! It's because IGgy doesn't recognize my greatness! Don't think I didn't noticed you booked us together for the Jabroni Title, IGgy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, just a friendly match between friends, sure, sure. You think I look silly, don't ya? Thought you'd have a laugh at Dash's expense, huh? Well, the proof is in the results, IGgy. You lost! You lost bad and now the Jabroni Title is yours. Brought that on yourself, you did. 100% match approval? That was all me, baby. That was all me. You better watch yourself IGgy, because I'm gonna Rendar you obsolete!

By this time other members of the OHPW gym staff have noticed Dash and his camera crew. The manager is now walking over.

Hey. Hey! You, Rendar! I told you not to come back here until you paid your fees!
Oh dang, cheese it! It's the fuzz!

Dash runs off.

How the hell does he keep getting in here? Leebo, did you see how he got in?
I keep telling you, he dug a hole through the broom closet and tunneled his way in. The hole is behind that poster. This is not a joke. I'm not referencing Shawshank Redemption. He's that mad.
Haha, you're alright Leebo. You're alright.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This looks hilarious and amazing and I want in.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This looks hilarious and amazing and I want in.

I already showed this to you in the Discord but it's worth showing here as well because it's a pretty good one.
Nawt A Robutt. Clearly, a Real Human (tm)

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Neopie posted:

Just wanna second that you should follow your heart, especially considering my most overused OC is in this thing.

Also a man with an enormous chest. He hasn't gotten as much screentime over the years.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay, it is time again! The next show will be on on Saturday, at the usual time.

We will crown a Darkweight champion, determine a No. 1 Contender for the Legion Titles and, most importantly, the tournament for the Infernal Hellweight Championship begins. The brackets are as follows:

This week we will do all the first round matches for group 1, next week it'll be the first round for group 2 and in a big show after that we will have the remaining seven tournament matches as well as all regular title matches.

But first, here's this week's match card:

#1 Jabroni Royale Deathmatch
IGgy IGsen ('c') vs. Palpatine

#2 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Firestar vs. Harmony Gray

#3 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Grace Thoruson vs. Angus McMutton

#4 No. 1 Contender Match for the Legion Titles
Fallout Boys vs. Lemuel & Inspector Jane

#5 Bunny Championship :3
Anna May vs. Canada "Rosette" Alderman (c)

#6 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Weeb Weaver vs. Fomore

#7 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Hellranger Flamander vs. DivineCoffeeBinge

#8 Underworld Darkweight Championship
Super Samio vs. The Cocademon

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im looking forward to watching it later.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
DCB versus Flamander in the first round? You brute!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Dash Rendar? He stands no chance! He's not even half-skeleton!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
*starts making a Vacation Skeleton sign*

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Iggy vs Palpy. Should be hilarious!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Going live now and starting in 15 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

Here's the match card again:
#1 IGgy IGsen vs. Palpatine for the Jabroni Royale
#2 Firestar vs. Harmony Gray
#3 Grace Thoruson vs. Angus McMutton
#4 Fallout Boys vs. Lemuel Post & Inspector Jane
#5 Anna May vs. Canada "Rosette" Alderman for the Bunny Title :3
#6 Weeb Weaver vs. Fomore
#7 Hellranger Flamander vs. DivineCoffeeBinge
#8 Super Samio vs. The Cocademon for the Darkweight Title

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

OHPW - Week #2: Turning Heel

Reversals: https://clips.twitch.tv/RealOpenDolphinTebowing
Super Samio going on Vacation: https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulHumbleBobaAMPEnergyCherry

The average match rating was 89.88 %
The average Game Time from Bell to Bell was: 16:12

IGgy IGsen posted:

Okay, it is time again! The next show will be on on Saturday, at the usual time.

We will crown a Darkweight champion, determine a No. 1 Contender for the Legion Titles and, most importantly, the tournament for the Infernal Hellweight Championship begins. The brackets are as follows:

This week we will do all the first round matches for group 1, next week it'll be the first round for group 2 and in a big show after that we will have the remaining seven tournament matches as well as all regular title matches.

But first, here's this week's match card:

#1 Jabroni Royale Deathmatch
IGgy IGsen ('c') vs. Palpatine
They take too long to finish and so they both exploded and are now dead. rip (It's a draw) - Match Rating 100%

Scene: A press conference for our latest big signing, Flamander, is held. While he has been a hero in the past he is now very different. He looks down on his past self and promises to destroy his first opponent, DCB.

#2 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Firestar vs. Harmony Gray
Lotsa fire breathing and low blows from Firestar. I guess Harmony didn't expect that because even though she tried her best she was defeated by Firestar via Pinfall. - Match Rating: 90%

#3 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Grace Thoruson vs. Angus McMutton
What a war. At 20:07 Game Minutes this is the longest singles match on the card. Angus dominated early on but Grace mounted a very successful comeback until Angus hit the Tru Bru and pinned Grace for the 3-Count. - Match Rating: 97%

Scene: Inspector Jane appears in OHPW. Her mission is to expose crimes (?) and get that vile IGgy behind bars??? Lemuel also appears and does his angel schtick and surprises Jane with the fact that she's already on today's match card and teaming with Lemuel. They form a tag team that we will call "Lawful Good" from now on.

#4 No. 1 Contender Match for the Legion Titles
Fallout Boys vs. Lemuel & Inspector Jane
This match devolved into chaos at times, where everybody was attacking everyone, especially when the action moved outside the ring. In the end it was Lemuel who submitted HazMatt with Angel Wings. - Match Rating: 91%

#5 Bunny Championship :3
Anna May vs. Canada "Rosette" Alderman (c)
The Anime Bear Princess challenged Rosette for the Bunny Title but in the end Rosette defendes the Bun, beating Anna May via submission. - Match Rating: 87%

#6 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Weeb Weaver vs. Fomore
Whoa whoa whoa, weeeeeeee! Fomore manages to put down Weeb with CAP, pinning them for the 3-Count - Match Rating: 81%

Scene: DCB hangs out in the lockers, panicking because of having to face Flamander but to the rescue comes Angus, offering her some of the Tru Bru that makes his head harder. Reluctantly, DCB accepts.

#7 IHC Tournament Group 1 - Round 1
Hellranger Flamander vs. DivineCoffeeBinge
Surprisingly, DCB didn't go down in seconds instead it was a competitive match. She even got to hit her finisher and got a near fall off of that. When Flamander hit his finisher, The Snake, DCB got up immediately, however, the next move was what took her down for the 3-Count. - Match Rating: 92%

#8 Underworld Darkweight Championship
Super Samio vs. The Cocademon
To determine our first Darkweight Champion these two went one on one. After 16 minutes Cocademon becomes the first Darkweight Champion using his submission finisher, the Carbonated Footprint. - Match Rating 81%

So, after this show the state of the tournament is as follows:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Was good fun, shame I had to bow out of commentary half way through.