Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

Yeah, Renee Montoya was made for BTAS and eventually took up the mantle of the Question in the comics. I didn’t remember what happened to her, and on looking her up it seems she really did just disappear.

The situation with Montoya and Crispus Allen was really weird because they were late additions to the cast and brought on as series regulars but after the initial batch of episodes they both kind of just vanish from the show.

ShakeZula posted:

On the one hand, she'll probably be a great Catwoman. On the other, it's only going to make Mazouz look younger by comparison, and it's already straining credulity to have him playing 28-year old Bruce

They've already said that Mazouz is providing the voice and face for Batman but won't actually be wearing the suit and I have to assume they won't have Bruce show up either.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Not really. It's entirely possible that Bicondova simply didn't believe that the makeup artists could convincingly age her up from 18 to 28. She is still very young-looking in the face, and the ten years that separate 18-year-olds (or however old she's supposed to be) from 28-year-olds make a huge difference to one's appearance, voice, and everything else.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

The situation with Montoya and Crispus Allen was really weird because they were late additions to the cast and brought on as series regulars but after the initial batch of episodes they both kind of just vanish from the show.

Remember Harvey Dent?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

tarlibone posted:

Not really. It's entirely possible that Bicondova simply didn't believe that the makeup artists could convincingly age her up from 18 to 28. She is still very young-looking in the face, and the ten years that separate 18-year-olds (or however old she's supposed to be) from 28-year-olds make a huge difference to one's appearance, voice, and everything else.

Still weird. It's a comic book show. Just have fun with it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Davros1 posted:

Remember Harvey Dent?

No.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That teaser was what I hoped this show would become in Season 3.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'm catching up from mid-season 3 where I stopped watching and I really love the arc Gotham has taken. Are there any good interviews with the producers about how, when, and why they made the transition from gritty realistic crime thriller season 1 to embracing full blown comic book camp by the end? It reminds me a lot of the stories of how when they made the Adam West Batman the showrunners decided the only way they could do a Batman tv show was to make it a spoof.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Alchenar posted:

how, when, and why they made the transition from gritty realistic crime thriller season 1 to embracing full blown comic book camp by the end?

Episode two has a bottomless pit and two Chitty Chitty Bang Bang child catchers. How is that not camp?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Pretty disappointed they don't have Gordon sporting a mustache in the 10 year skip

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.

Just Chamber posted:

Pretty disappointed they don't have Gordon sporting a mustache in the 10 year skip

Especially considering that Ben McKenzie has rocked the older Commissioner Gordon look before a few Halloweens ago and didn't look too shabby.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Shame he was outdone that year:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
The Doctor needs to be in Gotham for a story immediately.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Extended trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=184&v=9FEvjeGlPqQ

Penguin looks amazing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just Chamber posted:

They already made a mustache joke like two seasons ago when Bruce was tripping balls and saw a future Gotham.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Only a half hour to the beginning of the end of one of the craziest shows.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Here we go!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MUSTACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Mustache!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

MUSTACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

That "nurse" is up to no good!

NO MUSTACHE!!?!?!?!?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

RIP mustache.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Other than the fat suit, Penguin looks awesome.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Davros1 posted:

Other than the fat suit, Penguin looks awesome.

Yeah I don't think the fat suit was necessary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They did a pretty good job casting adult Selina. She looks just enough like her.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Oh boy I can't wait for next season!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I'm totally down for a Penguin & Riddler spinoff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of torn on whether they should have cast an older Bruce because while it would have sucked to have someone else play the character it made the story kind of awkward how he was just constantly not showing up places.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of torn on whether they should have cast an older Bruce because while it would have sucked to have someone else play the character it made the story kind of awkward how he was just constantly not showing up places.

It is vintage Bruce though.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
So there's no chance we're going to get more of that are we? It's over over? I was really digging their take on J-man.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I felt like that extended trailer gave away the entire episode...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The mustache should have stayed.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Well, it's been a long, generally stupid road. I'm glad they got to bust out batman for the finale.

The fat suit on penguin was terrible, but this version of joker was fantastic.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Marlon Brando voice Joker!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well, that certainly was an ending.

With a series this wacky, it kinda felt way too safe at the end there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So did Barbara just die? Like Joker shot her and she was last seen on the floor bleeding.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
He shot her in the leg.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Well, that certainly was an ending.

With a series this wacky, it kinda felt way too safe at the end there.

I liked it, but it really should've been a 2 hour finale.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
head cannon confirmed

in about two years, this is the adam west verse. :)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Burning_Monk posted:

He shot her in the leg.

You can die from that. But they never said anything about her after her daughter is rescued. Maybe she did die and Barbara goes and lives with James and Lee, and is half sister to their kid, who's the serial killer Gordon kid.

Like I can totally buy that little girl growing up to be Batgirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

twistedmentat posted:

You can die from that.

Not on Got Ham! This is a show in which people get shot directly in the head and live.

quote:

But they never said anything about her after her daughter is rescued. Maybe she did die and Barbara goes and lives with James and Lee, and is half sister to their kid, who's the serial killer Gordon kid.

Like I can totally buy that little girl growing up to be Batgirl.

For sure.