Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 5/the final season starts TONIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_QOD8Ec98

This season has a short order with just 12 episodes (originally they ordered 10 but expanded it.)

Recap for S4 finale

quote:

Selina is hospitalized with likely permanent spinal damage. Ra's al Ghul kidnaps Bruce, breaks Jeremiah out of custody and steals his bombs back from the GCPD. Nygma tries to kill Gordon and free Lee from her old self, but Lee falsely convinces Nygma she no longer loves Gordon. Cobblepot, Alfred and the Sirens briefly ally against Jeremiah and the League of Shadows. Barbara kills Ra's with his knife (gripping it in Bruce's hands), while Jeremiah's bombs kill the mayor and destroy every bridge out of Gotham, reducing the city to lawlessness. Cobblepot hires Hugo Strange, who successfully turns Grundy back into Butch; however, Cobblepot then kills Butch in front of Tabitha as retribution for his mother. Lee decides to help the civilians and breaks up with Nygma, but the confrontation ends with the two stabbing each other; Cobblepot finds their bodies and orders Strange to "fix" them. With Gotham largely evacuated and overrun by criminals, Bruce accepts his destiny as the city's protector and begins hunting Jeremiah. Gordon, supported by Bullock, Fox and a dozen other cops, also stays to fight for the city, and operates a searchlight atop GCPD Headquarters as a symbol against the darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Grinning Goblin posted:

Gordon better have grown a mustache by the end of this season.

We already got Gordon with a mustache when Bruce had that weird dream sequence.

The first episode sure had a lot of stuff happen in it, should be interesting if the show keeps up the pace.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Considering they're talking about healing Selena it could be Lee.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Will Balloon Man come back and save the day?

What about Kite Man?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how they literally didn't have any kind of explanation as to why the park became magic. Also the multiple mentions of "the Dark Zone" makes me wonder if someone on the writing staff played a lot of The Division.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Man I was really upset to find out Ed was the one behind the attacks. I liked The Nigma and Fox mysteries.

I think there's probably something else there because the flashbacks looked kind of weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Before the Ed reveal I thought it was going to be Bane because his introductory storyline involved shooting rockets at buildings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad they didn't gloss over the whole yes, Ed has killed people before.

Also for those who haven't been reading the news Jim's new/old friend is Bane.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He did the thing!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty funny that Gordon just kind of left Eduardo there. Didn't even check to see if he was actually dead or not.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This episode is kind of weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like that we got to see the murder pier one last time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They never ended up doing anything with it but they also had Sophia Falcone somehow survive being shot in the forehead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if that was the plan for Mr Pen or they just realized after the fact that his nebbishment was perfect for the role.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Both Calculator and Clock King were on Arrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, seriously Bruce needs a goddamn haircut.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe I missed something but it sure looks like a lot of time passed between episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also, don't know if people saw but this episode was directed by Erin Richards (Barbara.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JIM GORDON YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY

Edit: "Did you just say 'people, ugh'?"

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 8, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He also wrote the episode where Bruce and Ra's face off in the museum and Ra's totally murders a little kid in front of Bruce.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

She just did the serial killer thing and threatened to murder people over the phone so yeah, this is quite a ride.

But still, is this the same Barbara that Gordon calls his wife in the Batman movies because this makes no sense. How does a straight-shooter like him find it ok to marry a murdering psychopath? Or is this just 'artistic freedom' and I'm thinking too much?

The first season has a lot of course correction where they try stuff and eventually go in different directions. Montoya and Allen just kind of unceremoniously disappear and they bring in Harvey Dent but never really come up with anything to do with him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He guest stars a couple times in s1 then they made him a series regular in s2 but he doesn't really show up at all. I think the last time he appears on the show is the victory party for Galavant.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fish was such a weird choice, spending a whole lot of the first season on someone who wasn't a comic book character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a tiny submarine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of odd how both Arrow and Gotham have gone with Nyssa over Talia (yes Talia eventually showed up but Nyssa was on there longer.) Also funny how they both went with Spartacus actors for Nyssa.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Baby just slides right out of her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was busy filming Barry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

Yeah, Renee Montoya was made for BTAS and eventually took up the mantle of the Question in the comics. I didn’t remember what happened to her, and on looking her up it seems she really did just disappear.

The situation with Montoya and Crispus Allen was really weird because they were late additions to the cast and brought on as series regulars but after the initial batch of episodes they both kind of just vanish from the show.

ShakeZula posted:

On the one hand, she'll probably be a great Catwoman. On the other, it's only going to make Mazouz look younger by comparison, and it's already straining credulity to have him playing 28-year old Bruce

They've already said that Mazouz is providing the voice and face for Batman but won't actually be wearing the suit and I have to assume they won't have Bruce show up either.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 20, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just Chamber posted:

Pretty disappointed they don't have Gordon sporting a mustache in the 10 year skip

They already made a mustache joke like two seasons ago when Bruce was tripping balls and saw a future Gotham.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

MUSTACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They did a pretty good job casting adult Selina. She looks just enough like her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of torn on whether they should have cast an older Bruce because while it would have sucked to have someone else play the character it made the story kind of awkward how he was just constantly not showing up places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Oh boy I can't wait for next season!

That's probably the biggest issue with ending the show like this on the start of Batman's story. They couldn't actually conclude anything since this is technically the beginning. So you're just left wanting more, which isn't happening.