Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I guess the show’s just entirely eschewing the idea of Batman having a secret identity, because there’s no way that, like, half the city isn’t going to put two and two together the second Bruce bothers to put on the mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TheLoneStar posted:

-Dunno who this "witch" is, anyone know who she could be?

Certainly something Fishy going on there.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

McTimmy posted:

I'm betting on Ivy as the witch.

She said witch, not witch-hazel.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TheLoneStar posted:

What would Fish have to do with healing powers? That wasn't even close to her ability.

She kidnapped Hugo Strange again. Obviously.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

tarlibone posted:

I knew that chopper would get shot down, but making it fly super-low, and between the buildings to boot, felt conspicuously implausible in a show full of supernatural supervillains. C'mon, guys, I demand realism from my Batman fiction! In real life, no helicopter would fly that low through a city when the only thing known about the city is that it's chock-full of anarchy! I'm starting to think that the writers are not taking this seriously.

It is 100% totally plausible that the illegal helicopter illegally carrying illegal supplies into a city that’s been cut off by the military would want to fly that low to avoid being spotted on radar.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

tarlibone posted:

I get that. But between buildings? In a city that's known to be dangerous? Someone with a regular gun could damage the chopper from their bedroom, and the only thing they knew about the area was that only the bad guys have guns, and they control most of the city.

It's a minor quibble, really. As soon as Bruce said that he could fly some supplies in, I already knew exactly how it would play out. Except that Tabitha died.

They knew that, other than Penguin, the bad guys largely didn’t have weapons. Everyone’s short on ammunition. And Penguin’s only making bullets, certainly not anti-aircraft weapons. On the other hand, the military surrounding Gotham assuredly does have anti-aircraft ordinance and helicopters of their own.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Davros1 posted:

We still don't know who shot it down

It was Jeremiah.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I was 100% convinced the Soothsayers were Firefly’s gang, what with the smoke and all, but I guess not.

Also, calling it now, the person on the other end of the radio isn’t who Jim thinks it is.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Gotham is setting up the perfect rationale behind Batman’s no-kill rule; because if Jim Gordon didn’t constantly restrain himself from capping fools he’d be, like, two-thirds of the way through Gotham’s entire population by now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Seed Force.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Goddamn, Kathy Geiss doesn’t gently caress around, does she?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I usually just shout “GOFFUM!!!” at the screen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I think of it more as a breathy voice saying "Gotham" quietly.

There is absolutely nothing quiet about Goffum.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The one time Bullock outwits someone...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Who was the actor that played Magpie? She looked really familiar.

Sarah Schenkkan?

Doesn't look like she's been in much.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

evilmiera posted:

Jeremiah takes a bath in what is presumed to be deadly acid, just goes into a coma with some facial scars.

Ok then.

...seriously?

Are you new to Batman?

Are you new to comics?

Is this :thejoke:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

evilmiera posted:

It's more like Gotham takes it to a whole new level. Also he already had the origin of being poisoned once already.

This isn’t only tame for Batman, it’s tame for Gotham, a show where people regularly shrug off being violently, graphically dismembered. Reminder that the previous Joker had his face punched off with little to no lasting repercussions.

Balthesar posted:

I don't know how fair this is to point out, really. I mean Jerome was also The Joker and he was unable to survive falling like 8 stories whereas comic Joker can fall off a cliff into a woodchipper and be fine a few panels later.

All this means is that everyone on Gotham is indestructible until they aren’t.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just started season 1. Is there anything universally terrible that I should skip?

Season 1.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Boris Galerkin posted:

But still, is this the same Barbara that Gordon calls his wife in the Batman movies because this makes no sense.

Do yourself a huge favour and stop trying to map Gotham onto any existing Batman canon right now. You’ll just give yourself an aneurism.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

tarlibone posted:

But don't worry too much, because if you do get an aneurysm, the Asian FBI profiler/resident psychiatrist from Law & Order: SVU Captain Li Shang can fix you up in a jiffy.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They’re not even operating by comic book rules, they’re operating by “What if Tim Burton had made the 1966 Batman show as a giallo movie” rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I buy Mazouz as Batman. He’s got the acting chops, physicality, and brutality to pull it off. If he had a few more years to bulk up he’d fit right in.