Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wmotyc jucie robinson vs cody at wrestlekingdom

wmotyc 7 motyc noms for the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC: Both the Men's and Women's Rumble. :vince:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it was a fun match, but it wasn't a match of the year

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTY: Baron Corbin vs Braun Strowman. Worst feud of the year already/continued from last year

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I feel like the men's chamber is a HM because everyone besides Kofi and Bryan and maybe Joe were just there and added nothing to the match.

also 2nd for MOTYC: Jun Kasai vs. Alex Colon - GCW They Said It Couldn't Be Done (2/17)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. The World (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu) - Giant Baba Memorial Show 2/19

2nd. It was great to see Tanahashi interact with Sekimoto and Kento for probably the only time that'll happen.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Gresham & Liger vs. Ishimori & Robbi Eagles - Honor Rising 2019 Night 1, 2/22 - fun exchanges between Gresham and Eagles, great ending real fun short match.

and I can't believe I'm saying this but...

HM: Delirious & Cheeseburger vs. Colt Cabana & Yano Toru - Honor Rising 2019 Night 2, 2/23 - Really really good comedy match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC: Matt Taven vs. Jay Lethal for the ROH World title 17th Anniversary.

60 minute draw where they did absolutely everything possible in the match which makes you wonder what else can they do for both if there's a next singles match and for the rest of the show. This match was also right at the start/middle of the show and these dudes just don't have enough talent for a 60 minute draw that they needed multiple run ins, table spots, and a ladder spot. Just an absolute drag to watch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

...Oh my god, they did that so that they didn't have to put the belt on Taven and then have him drop it to Scurll immediately, didn't they? So MSG is a 3 way, I guess?

They'll probably have Taven win the title at MSG.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hm: The Briscoes vs PCO & Brody King in a Las Vegas Street Fight for the ROH Tag Titles ROH 17th Anniversary.

Absolutely wild match crazy bumps all over the place

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM to both Kross vs DBS and Takeda vs Gresham.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

MOTYC: Nick Gage vs. Jeff Cannonball vs. Matt Tremont vs. Addy Starr - Lego Deathmatch - ISW Boner Jam IV: Balls Out, 4/4

My God

I think it was more of a HM than a MOTYC

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nthing everything from the Spring Break Part 2

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
You guys are crazy, it was a fine battle royal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Senerio posted:

HM: The Miz vs Shane "The Best in the world... THE BEST IN THE WORLD" McMahon

I needed that after the past few matches

It was great and dumb and great again

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair Wrestlemania 35 4/8/19

Just absolutely sloppy in front of an exhausted crowd and just one of the worst and anti-climatic ways to get to this ending that people wanted.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Good luck to j-ru on going through these last few pages

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Do the ones that just miss getting all motyc nominations still fall into the HM section after this.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM for Thatcher vs Hideki suzuki because i thought i nominated that already but didn't

Edit:
WMOTYC noms to any and all Blackcraft matches from mania. Absolute poo poo show

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 15, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'll give a nomination to TinTin vs Tsukka because i saw a lady give an Ocean Cyclone Suplex to an inflatable panda mascot

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Antonio Honda in a Tiger Rope Panties Hunt match for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Max Bump (4/28)

2nd. It was a Bull Rope match but with a plush tiger instead of a bell and also a bra & panties match with only panties. Pins & submissions count too, but you're here to see men wear lacy panties over their ring gear and get tied up a ridiculously long rope.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Light tube Deathmatch: Eric Ryan vs. Orin Veidt at GCW The Last Ones Left - 5/4

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Jonathan Gresham vs. Tony Deppen - GCW The Block is Hot 5/3
HM: Chris Dickinson vs. Dan Maff - GCW The Block is Hot 5/3

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: DOUKI vs. Taguchi NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 4 - 5/16

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Becky Lynch vs Lacey Evans: RAW Women's Championship Match, MITB 2019

Jesus loving christ Lacey is just awful.

Yes WMOTYC for Shane vs Miz as well

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC smackdown womens title match Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch money in the bank 5/19/2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the BOSJ has been really good this year all tour. really solid tournament

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Titan vs Dragon Lee BOSJ 5/24

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Ren Nartia vs. Yoh BOSJ 5.30

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
whole thing felt like a HM and never really kicked into a high gear or as much of a blood match/brawl as something like cody/dustin did which was a similar style

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC: Goldberg vs. Undertaker - Saudi Supershowdown 6/7

excellent comedy match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC: Every match from Saudi Super Showdown

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Its really funny how aiw and aaw were like the only promotions using laredo kid in the US and PWG has only now started using him, but even then it was originally as a replacement

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Watching this now. I don't watch much CMLL or lucha in general, but... is Kawato a rudo? :psyduck: I mean, I get that part of the point is to give the young boys a shot at doing stuff they don't do in the dojo or opening matches, and that would include being a heel, but... huh.

pretty much all foreigners are rudos yes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I upped the voting threshold to try and restrict things somewhat and the wrestling world adapted by somehow getting EVEN BETTER :stare:

its just the same amount of WWE/NXT and NJPW as its always been, just smaller promotions going mostly ignored.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bit of a nitpicking thing, but it bothers me that Spring Break and Bloodsport are considered separate promotions when both are just GCW shows with names branded on them since that means GCW has the same amount of MOTYC as AEW. Is the Special category the Giant Baba show?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC Chris Dickinson vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, Beyond Americanrana 7/28

this match whipped rear end and they beat the hell out of each other.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC David Starr vs. Joey Janela, 60 Minute Iron Man match, Beyond Americanrana 7/28

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
motyc Tetsuya Naito vs. Jon Moxley, G1 Climax Night 10, 28/07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
did anyone nominated Moxley vs Cobb as WMOTYC?