Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. KAI - AJPW 1/3
MOTYC: #STRONGHEARTS vs. All Out - DDT 1/3
HM: Meiko Satomura vs. Reika Saiki - TJPW 1/4

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Super Raton (actually good, not his fault!), Super Muneco (the second worst wrestler on the Earth) and Super Pinocho (the worst wrestler on the Earth) vs. Rocky Santana, El Gallego and Romano Garcia, 1/14, CMLL Arena Puebla

You need to see this match when it is up on youtube but you can just vote for it based on this:

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1085024516236107777

Absolutely 2nd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Boco_T posted:

I agree with these two votes.

MOTYC: Soberano Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario (1/18, NJPW)
HM: Dragón Lee & Místico vs Cuatrero & Sansón (1/18, NJPW)

Also going back two weeks I have these:

HM: Dragon Lee vs Bárbaro Cavernario (1/4 CMLL)
HM: Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón © vs Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. (Mexican National Trios, 1/4 CMLL)

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Caristico vs Volador Jr 1/21 NJPW Fantasticamania

Such an utterly ridiculous match with the best stuff both guys have to offer.

2nd, please watch this match everybody

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

AAA from 1/26 on Twitch

MOTYC: Vikingo, Myzteziz Jr and Murder Clown vs the OGTs

Myzteziz needs a bit of work but what an absolutely bonkers match. Tons of incredible dives including a Murder Clown dive. Vikingo is maybe the best high flyer in the world (I personally like Audaz) and it results in a must see match.

HM: Miedo Extremo and Ciclope vs Joe Lider and Pagano, brutal death match with lots of glass and skewer spots.

4th

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

ill second wmoty

Third

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Motyc : KUSHIDA vs Tanahashi, road to new beginning 1/29

Obviously bittersweet but an excellent match and a nice goodbye for KUSHIDA. Good luck in the wwe

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I liked it more than that. Ill go a motyc for it

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

MOTYC: T-Hawk vs. Shotaro Ashino., Wrestle-1 2019 Sunrise (1/5) https://youtu.be/g1QCqUvUG9Y?t=4022

Please take the time to watch this match. It's one of the five or six best matches I've seen this year so far. The only ones I have definitely above it are Tanahashi-Omega and Naito-Jericho. T-Hawk's still great from the little Dragon Gate I've watched, and Ashino's amazing.

Have some HMs while I'm at it:

Ryota Hama vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, BJW (1/2)
Black Menso-re & Takao Omori vs. Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi, AJPW New Years War (1/3)
Hideki Suzuki, Takuya Nomura & Yoshihisa Uto vs. Kazumi Kikuta, Ryuichi Kawakami & Yuji Okabayashi, BJW (1/2)
Niebla Rojo vs. Mephisto, CMLL Martes 1/22 - http://youtu.be/4VUwksFBXb8?t=01h51m30s

I will also be Nth-ing these and the PAC/KZY match

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You guys genuinely should have higher standards for what you'd call a match of the year.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. The World (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu) - Giant Baba Memorial Show 2/19

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Titan vs Barbaro Cavernario, 2/22 CMLL

WATCH THIS ONCE THE VIDEO IS ON YOUTUBE!

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I'm doing some catchup on some of the stuff I've not seen while my computer was broken.

MOTYC
02/10 | PAC (C) vs. KZY for the Open the Dream Gate Championship - Dragon Gate

One of the last things I did before my hard drive died was bookmark this to watch and it turns out my timing was imbeccable because in the post match promo Shun Skywalker challenges PAC for the Open the Dream Gate Championship (I love the way PAC says that with his exaggerated pronounciation) and the match is going down today so that's something to look forward to. Anyway, this was a really great match with some hellaciously crazy spots like the instantly infamous top rope tombstone that probably murdered KZY. It's what you'd want from a Dragon Gate match.
02/19 | Kento Miyahara & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. The World (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu) - Giant Baba Memorial Show
Considering the complete absence of stakes on a memorial show, this was better than it could have been. And now I'm deeply upset we'll almost certainly never get a singles match between Miyahara and Tanahashi and more's the pity because the teasing when they got to work together was just so cool. Although the coolest spots of the match went to Sekimoto, both his powerslam on Tana which got an amazing pop and him giving his own partner a German suplex purely to ensure that Yoshitatsu also got suplexed is a great power spot. And the finishing deadlift straight jacket German suplex with a bridge was beautiful.

As an aside, pretty sure this only needs 1 more nomination to get on the list so give it a watch if you've not. It's well worth your time.
01/06 | Lucha Brothers vs LAX - Impact Homecoming
Can't quite believe that I'm saying this about an Impact match. It was a really great spotfest of a tag. The only 2 knocks were the crowd were terrible and the finish was a bit iffy because you could see Penta outside not even trying to get in to break the pin, just standing outside with his hands on his knees. Flat finish doesn't detract from the rest of the match though. Clearly I need to see more of this incarnation of LAX. But boy, that Impact crowd sure managed to chant every dumb American indy chant from the 00s.

Hopefully get through a few more tomorrow, need to see the Titan Cavernario from last week and more Kento Miyahara.

Nth all of these, if I haven’t already

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Nth these.

Also want to HM
Bushi and Shingo Takagi vs Roppongi 3K from the same show

Baron La Croix posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Switchblade Jay White - NJPW 47th Anniversary Show
HM: Jushin Thunder Liger vs Taiji Ishimori

A damned fine show.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron La Croix posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Yuji Nagata - New Japan Cup Night 1

yesss inject middle-aged japanese men angrily slapping each other directly into my veins

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito in Round 1 of the New Japan Cup - 3/10

Ahem........ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :supaburn:

2nd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Senerio posted:

Reposting this match so people see it. Momo vs Kyona was absolutely my favorite match in a long while.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1102268784000159744?s=19

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tonfa posted:

MOTYC Ishii/Taichi

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Price Check posted:

HM - Tanahashi vs Taguchi (3/16)
MOTYC - ZSJ vs Ibushi (3/16)

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Kazuchika Okada, NJPW Cup Semi Final, 23rd March

Mother fucker these two work well together

Venomous posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura, AJPW Dream Power Series 2019 Day 6, 3/19

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito & Yuki Iino) (c) vs. Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Six Man Championship - DDT Into the Fight (3/21)

https://twitter.com/ddtuniverse/status/1111222682480107521?s=19

Free to watch, really a great match where Takeshita showed rare glimpses of personality. Best parts being the hoss offs between Iino and Hashimoto.

2nd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

nth every DDT/Bloodsport match from tonight

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 5, 2019

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth every Spring Break match

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM Leroy Green vs Smiley, Casket Match, House Of Glory Culture Clash

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

HM: Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito, G1 Supercard, 4/6

way too scary and botchy for me to even consider it in the realm of MOTYC

Dork

Nth MOTYC nomination for this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MoTYC: that awesome as hell ladder match

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

That match loving sucked

Get the gently caress out of here Eugene Jerome

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: KAZU/JAY WHITE

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC Triple H/Batista, actually

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair Wrestlemania 35 4/8/19

Just absolutely sloppy in front of an exhausted crowd and just one of the worst and anti-climatic ways to get to this ending that people wanted.

2nd. Dogshit match lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM:

Stigma, Magnus and King Jaguar vs Virus, El Perverso and Police Man

Really hot third fall setting up a hair vs hair match next week!

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

One more person please give a MOTY nod to Miyahara/KAI because that match is real good and I’d hate to see it disappear

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Stanfield posted:

ok yeah nth this one it's good.

WatermelonGun posted:

I’ll do it. I’ll give that vote. The match is right here if no one has seen it. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70k0y2

💖💖💖

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’ll also nth all the Stardom matches nominated for MOTY/HM. Everyone should subscribe to Stardom World, they put out some great show

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Someone give that 8 Woman tag from Stardom another nomination for MOTY, it’s an extremely good match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

motyc: STARS vs Oedo-tai 8 Woman Elimination match - Stardom: American Dream in the Big Apple

wmotyc: Shane McMahon vs. The Miz - Wrestlemania 35

motyc: SANADA vs. Hirooki Goto - New Japan Cup Night 4

You’re my best friend Cavauro 💖💖💖

I’ll nth those other two as well

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Everything from before Wrestlemania weekend that did not meet the voting threshold has now been cleared from the list. Everything from Wrestlemania weekend will stay up till the 12th of May (one week before Money in the Bank) then be cleared as well. Current standings for Mania weekend matches are as follows:

Matches of the Year - 7 Votes Required - Matches close to the threshold in bold

04/04 | Bandido vs. Will Ospreay - Wrestlecon Supershow (3 votes)
04/05 | STARS vs Oedo-tai 8 Woman Elimination match - Stardom: American Dream in the Big Apple (6 Votes)
04/06 | Taiji Ishimori (C) vs. Dragon Lee vs. Bandido for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - G1 Supercard (2 votes)
04/07 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)

Worst Matches of the Year - Matches close to the threshold in bold

04/04 | Dominic Garrini vs. Phil Baroni - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (2 votes)
04/05 | Sami Callihan vs. The Mancer - MLW Rise of the Renegades/Fusion (2 Votes)
04/06 | Mayu Iwatani (C) vs. Kelly Klein for the Women of Honor Championship - G1 Supercard (4 votes)
04/07 | Women's Battle Royal - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)
04/07 | The Revival (C) vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder for the Raw Tag Team Titles - Wrestlemania 35 (2 votes)
04/07 | Shane McMahon vs. The Miz - Wrestlemania 35 (4 votes)

Honorable Mentions - 7 Votes Required - Matches close to the threshold in bold

04/04 | Soma Takao and Tetsuya Endo vs. Yukio Sakaguchi and Masahiro Takanishi - DDT Coming to America (6 votes)
04/04 | HARASHIMA and Kazusada Higuchi vs Jason Kincaid and Shigehiro Irie vs Ethan Page and Akito - DDT Coming to America (6 votes)
04/04 | Nick Gage vs. Jeff Cannonball vs. Matt Tremont vs. Addy Starr in a Lego Deathmatch - ISW Boner Jam IV: Balls Out (5 votes)
04/04 | Zack Sabre Jr vs Shane Strickland - Wrestlecon Supershow (4 votes)
04/04 | Jake Parnell vs Gary Jay, Last Man Standing - Independent Wrestling Family Reunion (2 votes)
04/05 | Scott Steiner vs. Swoggle - AIW Slumber Party Massacre (5 votes)
04/05 | The Rascalz vs. Adam Brooks, Robbie Eagles & Australian Suicide - Wrestlecon: USA vs. The World (2 votes)
04/05 | A-Kid vs Air Wolf - Chikara Once Upon a Beginning (3 votes)
04/05 | Zack Sabre Jr & Minoru Suzuki vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Will Ospreay - RevPro Live in New York (4 votes)
04/06 | Flip Gordon, Juice Robinson & Mark Haskins vs. Bully Ray, Shane Taylor & Silas Young in a Street Fight - G1 Supercard (5 votes)
04/06 | GoD (C) vs. The Briscoes (C) vs. Villain Enterprises vs. LIJ for the IWGP and ROH World Tag Team Championships - G1 Supercard (6 votes)

I'm almost certain the Stardom 8-woman tag got a 7th nomination you fuckin' turkey

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fourth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna nth all the AJPW Championship Carnival matches that have been nominated thus far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

MOTYC: Dragon Lee (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, 3rd May (IWJP Junior Title)

Holy poo poo :stare:

Nth