Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Barbaro Cavernario vs Dragon Lee, CMLL 1/4 Super Fridays

YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MATCH. It starts off feeling like just a match that's going to lead to a rematch next week and that's what makes it so good. It uses the three falls to actually build to the third fall and the third fall is incredible. I just finished Switchblade vs Skipper and this is better than anything I've seen on the Dome thus far.

HM: Sanson, Cuatrero and Forastero vs Soberano Jr, Niebla Roja and Angel Del Oro

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Barbaro Cavernario vs Dragon Lee, CMLL 1/4 Super Fridays

YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MATCH. It starts off feeling like just a match that's going to lead to a rematch next week and that's what makes it so good. It uses the three falls to actually build to the third fall and the third fall is incredible. I just finished Switchblade vs Skipper and this is better than anything I've seen on the Dome thus far.

HM: Sanson, Cuatrero and Forastero vs Soberano Jr, Niebla Roja and Angel Del Oro

Matches start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fogf9est4M8&t=4471s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ThePariah posted:

Nth. My first time seeing Barbaro, he's good. Dragon Lee is obviously amazing as always.

Watch Cavernario's two matches with Fenix last year, both are incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Super Raton (actually good, not his fault!), Super Muneco (the second worst wrestler on the Earth) and Super Pinocho (the worst wrestler on the Earth) vs. Rocky Santana, El Gallego and Romano Garcia, 1/14, CMLL Arena Puebla

You need to see this match when it is up on youtube but you can just vote for it based on this:

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1085024516236107777

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Caristico vs Volador Jr 1/21 NJPW Fantasticamania

Such an utterly ridiculous match with the best stuff both guys have to offer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What's great about Caristico vs Volador is they both fully understand the NJPW crowd just wants to see them do crazy poo poo and doesn't really want to see them wrestle a "great match" so they just go out to do crazy poo poo at the expense of the kind of match they might do in Mexico. Not that they wouldn't do crazy poo poo, but they'd structure it more as a match. They were right it was exactly what the crowd wanted.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AAA from 1/26 on Twitch

MOTYC: Vikingo, Myzteziz Jr and Murder Clown vs the OGTs

Myzteziz needs a bit of work but what an absolutely bonkers match. Tons of incredible dives including a Murder Clown dive. Vikingo is maybe the best high flyer in the world (I personally like Audaz) and it results in a must see match.

HM: Miedo Extremo and Ciclope vs Joe Lider and Pagano, brutal death match with lots of glass and skewer spots.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

extradite THIS! posted:

Tried to watch the Volador Jr. vs Caristico match but I just couldn't take someone honking his stupid loving horn 99% of the time. Also don't want to watch it muted because I need sound in my pro wrestling. I guess what I saw was pretty impressive but Caristico looked like an absolute idiot taking all those dives right in his face.

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HOOOOOOOONNNKKKK

Ah the authentic lucha experience.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Blue Demon Jr vs Dr Wagner Jr, AAA 2/10/19

4 run ins, lots of bad looking stuff that left you wondering what in the hell was going on, so half of all AAA matches. Also Dr Wagner Jr doing one of the laziest catches on Blue Demon's dive you'll ever see.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nth for The Go Ace vs The Switchblade for MOTYC even though I don't think it needs it. Poor The Go Ace.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll nth PAC vs Kzy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Kzy deserves a shout out for his role too. One of the best fiery babyfaces currently wrestling, and the crowd was super hot for him from the start. Some of the bumps he took in the match were insane as well, especially the second rope tombstone

I dunno if the crowd was super hot for him from the start. The opening couple minutes is pretty quiet except for one person shouting for him. Gets very hot after that though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: CARÍSTICO, MÍSTICO Y EL VALIENTE
VS
ÚLTIMO GUERRERO, EUFORIA Y GRAN GUERRERO

2/15 CMLL

Crowd was the hottest it has been in weeks down the stretch and absolutely lost their minds after an incredible dive sequence followed by dual La Misticas.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. The World (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu) - Giant Baba Memorial Show 2/19

I'll nth it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Titan vs Barbaro Cavernario, 2/22 CMLL

WATCH THIS ONCE THE VIDEO IS ON YOUTUBE!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

I just watched this and I'm still convinced you're pulling a rib on PSP or my peon brain doesn't understand Lucha.

The crowd was so into it by the end and unlike some lucha matches which feel like an exhibition, this felt like an actual struggle, especially by the end. And Titan was so happy to win. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hkfepT_D8&t=3904s I feel like this match is way more accessible than any CMLL singles match of the last year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

That second fall was 😙👌

It did a really good job of setting up that Titan was the underdog but had a way to beat The Caveman.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rovert has described WOW as a cross between what people thought wrestling was in the 80s and what sit com writers make wrestling look like on sitcoms and it's so accurate. This match is fine but the finish is something someone with a really weird view of wrestling would think is a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EoU3XVgZOA

Feel bad for the women involved as it's a finish designed to make them look stupid.

For those who don't want to bother watching the match:
https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1099777120308473863

It's a short match so it's a short fun watch with a funny ending.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Blue Demon Jr vs La Parka vs Dr Wagner Jr, AAA 3/3

The match was Wagner and Demon brawling while La Parka got beat down in the ring after a run in. Awful finish that you see all the time in AAA too. Rest of the card was pretty good that I saw.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Liger vs Ishimori

MOTYC: Will The Thrill vs The Knife Pervert Switchblade
MOTYC: Nagata vs Ishii

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Diamante Azul vs Gilbert El Boricua, CMLL 3/8

The first fall was boring with weak strikes and a lazy finish.

The second fall was absolute trash. Diamante Azul would just ignore what Gilbert was doing to do the moves he wanted to do including the lead into the finish. The strikes were bad everything was bad.

The third fall was more laughable trash with the only finish that could possibly happen. The worst match of the year involving wrestlers under 50.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Elgin vs Okada 3/9 NJPW

Thought the first half was clunky but the last ten minutes are fantastic. Especially everything after the Tiger Driver.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Ibushi vs Naito
HM: Umino vs Tanahashi
HM: ZSJ vs EVIL

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Senerio posted:

Reposting this match so people see it. Momo vs Kyona was absolutely my favorite match in a long while.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1102268784000159744?s=19

I will nth this match it is pretty great. Loved the strike counters early on and the last 5 minutes are fantastic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll HM Ishii vs Taichi too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
3/15 CMLL Dos Leyendas

HM: Caristico, Volador Jr and Dragon Lee vs Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero and Euforia
HM: Angel De Oro and Niebla Roja vs El Terrible and Bestia Del Ring, Hair vs Hair

The apuestas match was really good but the finish got hosed up after Terrible was injured. Roja and Terrible worked really well together again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC:

Drago, Puma King and Pagano vs OGTs AAA Rey de Reyes

At least one wrestler had to be carted out with two others possibly injured. What a mess, two horrible botches to the outside.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Apparently everyone is ok although Super Fly's "head hurts." I assume that means a mild concussion, who knows.

The bump in question: https://twitter.com/JonesyWasTaken/status/1107129694468616193

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll give the Rey de Reyes match an HM, but the two tag title matches were just nothing. Both were short and the Young Bucks match had zero heat. I don't think I'd even say either was good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: La Familia Real (Volador Jr, El Hijo de LA Park, LA Park) vs. Los Guerreros Laguneros (Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerrero) - CMLL Arena Puebla 3-18-19

I'll second it.

This was like the opposite of the UG/Park singles match from a couple years ago. In that all the complicated spots and technical wrestling they did looked kind of bad but was very endearing. It was held together by some good brawling and well timed goofiness.

In this one guys seemed to get lost, but it was really fun and Park hit a perfect Code Red. Definitely worth watching.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's why you should watch: https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1108057613655257088

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Sanada vs Cabana
HM: Ishii vs Yoshi Hashi

HM: Okada vs Ospreay

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Okada vs Ishii
HM: Tanahashi vs Sanada

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Okada vs Sanada. Loved how they fooled me the last few minutes. Not on nearfalls but they'd set up sequences and counters that seemed so obvious, then add a little twist, then do something totally unexpected. Really good stuff. Okada did do the best version of the lazy horrible Jeff Jarrett raise one arm kickout I've seen in years though. He actually made it seem like he was too hosed up to do anything more, and unlike Jeff he actually got his shoulder up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No one will see these for weeks but maybe if people pretend to watch MLW they can get enough votes

Rise of the Renegades/Fusion Tapings 4/5
HM: Minoru Tanaka vs Daga MLW
HM: LA Park vs Penta 0M
HM: Fenix vs Airwolf

WMOTYC: Sami Callihan vs The Mancer. The worst American match I have seen all year.

Lawlor vs Havoc was a WMOTYC in execution and match structure but they did a lot of stuff and Lawlor bled a lot so it was more just kind of bad. But the finish is completely dead and you knew it'd be dead since they did the big spot of the match long before the finish.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sticky Nate posted:

so many things about this were bad

second

Everything from Sami's entrance to everything they did in the match to the finish loving sucked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Masashi Takeda vs Jimmy Lloyd deathmatch, Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part 1 4/5

Second, I feel bad for the people stuck watching minor league wrestling.

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Utami Hayashishita Stardom American Dream in the Big Apple 4/5

This match was perfect given the undercard. With shorter, simpler matches underneath the crowd bit on nearfalls they wouldn't at other shows this weekend. Really great match especially the last few minutes.

MOTYC: STARS vs Oedo-tai 8 Woman Elimination match

The only flaw with this was they probably should have made it clearer to the live crowd that eliminations could occur over the top rope to the floor. Half the crowd seemed to get it and half didn't. But it didn't really matter since they knew by the end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Bully Ray Street Fight. That was so much better than expected.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: MMM Dragon Lee vs Bone Soldier vs Bandido

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MoTYC: that awesome as hell ladder match