Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jrc vs Tomohiro Ishii for the Rev Pro Undisputed Heavyweight Title - Jan 4th - Wrestle Kingdom 13

As good as Ibushi vs Ospreay was, I do think this match was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Whoops! You're right. ZSJ was the challenger, I had a brain fart and forgot the British guy didn't hold the British championship heading into this match in Japan.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

7 nominations needed is good. I would have preferred the tiered system where it was 7 for wwe & new japan and 4 for everyone else though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I definitely recommend Okada vs White

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That match loving ruled. MOTYC for sure.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's unnecessary but yeah, Omega vs Tanahashi

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Bianca Belair vs Shayna Baszler

Was worried that this would be the let down of the show but it has been my favorite match so far on what has been a great show.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Those all deserve a HM.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I have no idea what Taichi vs Tetsuya Naito was but I'd recommend checking it out.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

They mentioned it during the Rumble because I remember everyone physically in the room going "What the heck?" and everyone on twitter being hype for it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I would recommend checking out Ishimori vs Taguchi from New Beginning in Osaka.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll go with HM for that match.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, I'll 4th. Bloodsport has been a lot better this year.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, HM for Takeda vs Gresham too

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, it was a dud that seemed worse because it followed three really enjoyable matches.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

2nd. Whole show aside from Severn vs Mir is at least an HM.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

4th

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Tony Deppen vs No Legs, Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part 1 4/5

Absolutely!

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1114326530350637056

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1114326487665205249

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Invisible Man vs Invisible Stan, Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part 1 4/5

Absolutely

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

WMOTYC: Saraya Knight vs. Maria Manic, Blackcraft: No Apologies 4/6

What in the gently caress was that and what in the gently caress is this show

2nd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

2nd, again

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

The men’s battle royal was worse than the women’s and that tag match was totally fine.

Agreed. Even that men's match was better than 90% of Blackcraft Wrestling's show.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: The Bar vs. The Usos vs. Rusev/Nakamura vs. Ricochet/Black, Wrestlemania 35 4/7

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Senerio posted:

HM: The Miz vs Shane "The Best in the world... THE BEST IN THE WORLD" McMahon

I needed that after the past few matches

The finish sucks but yeah, I was in HM territory by the time the golf cart entered the scene. Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Bryan vs Kofi was an absolute blast from beginning to end, and my favorite match from this weekend. MOTYC.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll nth Momo vs Kyona from Stardom in Nagoya as MOTYC if I didnt already

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

It is nice for people to do that but I'm not gonna make it a rule or anything.

If you're coming into a thread whose entire purpose is putting in nominations for matches for shows that have aired and talking about what it was that made that match work for the nominator, you have to be aware there is a risk of being spoiled.

There are times I come in here to nominate a match from one promotion I watch and see results from another promotion i watch but haven't seen yet. I don't mind seeing that myself but I'm much more of a journey type than a destination type.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll go with HM although its borderline

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, HM to the US title and MOTYC to the junior heavyweight bout

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

WMOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito, DOMINION 6.9 in Osaka Jo-Hall.

this match could be influential in a way that is dangerous. it did not benefit pro wrestling. it put both wrestlers in unnecessary physical danger. we've seen too many wrestlers die and have their careers end over matches like these. i never want to see a match like they had tonight ever again in my life.

Absolutely. Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

HM: Michael Nakazawa vs Jebailey: AEW Fyter Fest

Absolutely

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs. Sareee (c) for the Sendai Girls World Championship & W.W.W.D. Singles Championship - Sendai Girls Big Show in Niigata (6/8)

https://rutube.ru/video/b0e9002874da964f3bc7f8c152836afe

Please watch this incredible match before the G1 starts and it gets buried

This is a hard call for me. It was a really, really good match but I didn't fully get into it due to not really knowing the history. Those headbutts were nasty and the constant head drops were scary. The suplexes were all fantastic though, and it was well paced match., It's either a high HM or a low MOTYC. I'm leaning more towards the MOTYC so I'll go with that.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC
Ospreay vs Archer
SANADA vs ZSJ
Okada vs Tanahashi

HM
KENTA vs Ibushi
Liger, Robinson, Yano vs BUSHI, Takagi, Naito

I was in the building and honestly the entire show was at least really good aside from Fale vs EVIL.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Baker and Riho vs Priestley and Nakajima, AEW FftF

Yeah that ruled

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Nth for the triple tag match. Should have called an audible though

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You're crazy J-Ru. That match invoked an entirely different form of tension than most matches and it delivered way more than I expected. MOTYC for sure.

Draxion posted:

3rd! I think if it had gone another couple minutes I'd be giving it a MOTYC vote.

That's not a bad argument for going HM but I'm sticking to MOTYC myself

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Switchblade Jay White - NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/15

Goddamn this match was so drat good, some absolutely crazy poo poo and moves and counters and false-finishes and an ending I absolutely did not see coming.

:agreed:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 7/18

Man these two work so well together in a way completely different from Tanahashi's usual matches.

2nd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 - 7/1/8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Ibushi vs Sanada
HM: KENTA vs EVIL
MOTYC: Will "The Thrill" Ospreay vs Okada