Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Looks like we're getting a big Master box set in 2021, including a couple faces that have yet to appear in Big Finish: https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1205516477220216833?s=19

I'm glad that they convinced Eric Roberts to stick around, too. He was a bit wooden in the River Song story he did but it seems like he got used to the format by Day of The Master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Who’s the child in the middle?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Emerson Cod posted:

Looks like we're getting a big Master box set in 2021, including a couple faces that have yet to appear in Big Finish: https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1205516477220216833?s=19

I'm glad that they convinced Eric Roberts to stick around, too. He was a bit wooden in the River Song story he did but it seems like he got used to the format by Day of The Master.

Frankly it's remarkable you can get a wooden Eric Roberts

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

The_Doctor posted:

Who’s the child in the middle?

A new Master, apparently. I think it could be a younger Jacobi or younger MacQueen, they don't have anything other than that he's playing The Master in the credits.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RichardsonBF/status/1205523990204149760?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Emerson Cod posted:

A new Master, apparently. I think it could be a younger Jacobi or younger MacQueen, they don't have anything other than that he's playing The Master in the credits.

My guess is BF wanted to do the young Master who looked into the schism, but tragically, the young actor who played that Master passed away, so they recast him with Milo Parker.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 13, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-9VOjWOak

Can't ever go wrong with The Robots

of death!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Davros1 posted:

My guess is BF wanted to do the young Master who looked into the schism, but tragically, the young actor who played that Master passed away, so they recast him with Milo Parker.

Or possible the young master from the titan 11th doctor comics

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bring back Jonathan Pryce as the Master

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Emerson Cod posted:

Holy poo poo John Simm :stare:

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Harlock posted:

Bring back Jonathan Pryce as the Master

You mean Gordon Tipple

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Vinylshadow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-9VOjWOak

Can't ever go wrong with The Robots

of death!

*twaaaaannnggg!*

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like the Simm Master's goatee

Nice callback (even if it isn't) to Delgado and Ainley

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

I like the Simm Master's goatee

Nice callback (even if it isn't) to Delgado and Ainley

It's totally a callback.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Davros1 posted:

It's totally a callback.

"Does he still have that rubbish beard?"
"No. Well, a wife."

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
that Missy line at the end :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Box of Bunnies posted:

that Missy line at the end :allears:

And of course they're all incredibly eager to comply :allears:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I love that Beevers still has the best hard core master voice. I'm shocked that he's not a literal walking corpse IRL.

Interesting that they're doing kid master and the unbound almost reasonable "Kisgart" Master as well as all the classic takes on the character.

Kinda hoping that we get Alexandra Moen as Lucy Saxon, but that'll never happen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Doctor Who Facebook story has posted some lovely clear console room shots, and it’s still unclear how it all fits together. Did you know there’s stairs? Also is that ceiling crystal and the blue bits on the joints new?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Yes, but how many questions until she gets a blockbuster?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
13's TARDIS is the set to Nickelodeon Guts, and the pillars are part of the Aggro-Crag.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

The Doctor Who Facebook story has posted some lovely clear console room shots, and it’s still unclear how it all fits together. Did you know there’s stairs? Also is that ceiling crystal and the blue bits on the joints new?

The ceiling crystal and the blue bits are both new, yep, and so are the stairs.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

@!#?@!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I really like the idea of the time rock salt but I hope they don't move the pillars again, they look so light.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

My clumsy rear end would 100% catch my toe on those steps and eat poo poo every single time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm just glad (it looks like) they are going to change up the lighting deeper around the console room.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Emerson Cod posted:

Glad they've learned their lesson about working with Dreyfus. That incarnation of the master fell into the schism, never to be seen again

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The_Doctor posted:

It's a cool set, but still feels so unfitting for the character of 13. Hope some of the changes allow for better coverage, or at least make it feel less cramped together.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Was given a BritBox subscription for Christmas, so I've been going through serials I haven't seen before.

"The Web Planet" is dull, but I like parts of it.
"The Enemy of the World" owned.
"The Dominators" was kind of dumb but had its moments.
"Terror of the Autons" owned.
"Terror of the Zygons" was good.
I've already more or less forgotten "Planet of Evil."
"Delta and the Bannermen" was insane and stupid.
"Dragonfire" was insane and stupid.

Overall, pretty fun so far.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

off topic but there's versions of this with an internal mechanism that "kicks" the machine when Q*Bert falls offscreen

he literally falls down into the console lmao

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

"Dragonfire" was insane and stupid.

Went there yesterday, food was bad.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utAq2oXe-Mo&feature=youtu.be

Cool little animation/trailer for the newest War Master boxset

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
My housemate, a guy my housemate went to school with, and I are currently going through the original run in a random order. After a month we're four stories in, which have been: The Mark of the Rani, The Ice Warriors, Underworld and The Monster of Peladon. Next up is Vengeance on Varos.

This is not what I'd call a representative run, Ice Warriors and potentially (according to some who may call it a classic) Varos aside.

Monster, which we watched two days ago, is just so interminably dull that even it being a metaphor for, among other things, Britain's relationship with the EU didn't save it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

I dunno, wasn't RTD famous for being overworked, hence the David Tennant sketch where he plays RTD as an overwrought chainsmoker?

RTD was an almighty procrastinator as well as taking a lot on himself, which made for a lot of very rushed output.

Vinylshadow posted:

Main issue with 13's TARDIS is just the lighting and framing

Hopefully it gets homier as the series progress

That's quite the second sentence in some fonts.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

"Delta and the Bannermen" was insane and stupid.

How can anyone hate Delta and the Bannermen?!?

Paging J-Ru to the thread. You know what to do.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's quite the second sentence in some fonts.

My dyslexia already makes it rather brow-raising with the regular font as well

Maybe Rose's mum was on to something when she expressed concerns over Rose traveling with Nine or when the TARDIS trolled him by showing Clara some of the precious female companions rather than a tin dog

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

CobiWann posted:

Very easily

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Delta and the Bannermen is Doctor Who as seen through the lens of Bodger and Badger. It's not any good, but it's far too silly and lightweight to comfortably hate it. It feels like kicking a puppy compared to hating something like Silver Nemesis or Battlefield or Underworld, all of which are trying desperately to be Weighty and Meaningful Drama and just end up as a pile of old toss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CobiWann posted:

Ten million years of absolute power.