Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

TinTower posted:

What is the round things joke?

No idea... :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

rvm posted:

Doctor Who is in a perpetual state of being ruined forever.

Doctor Who General Wikia is Dead, Long Live Doctor Who General!

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/8d8r32/times_doctor_who_was_ruined_forever/

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

marktheando posted:

Yeah Star Trek fans are awful for this. The people getting bent out of shape about visual continuity in Discovery (sets and uniforms don’t match 50 year old episodes, oh no!) would not enjoy having several different equally canon versions of the fate of Atlantis.

Yeah, except I'm one of those Star Trek fans and I have no issue with DW doing that kinda stuff because it's been established in the show that history and the timelines constantly change.

Also Doctor Who has busted out stuff like Mondasian Cybermen whose designs were derided for years as clunky--and showed how awesome and scary they were. And the Hartnell console room for Clara and Me. DW does a far better job of honoring it's history and canon, because it's run by hardcore nerd fanboys. :shrug:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

marktheando posted:

Why don’t you use the same excuse for Star Trek then? There’s enough time travel in Star Trek for the timelines to be constantly changing.

I dunno we’ve argued about this before and I don’t think much of your argument that redesigning the uniforms in Star Trek is like redesigning the uniforms in a World War Two movie.

Well I still believe in that argument so... :shrug:

They have used that excuse for ST before, in the JJ films, and I did buy it there because it was pretty clear the timeline changed. But when the producers iof DISCO are saying "no it is the EXACT same timeline as TOS" then there's no reason for Anson Mount not to be rocking velour. :colbert:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

2house2fly posted:

Eleventh Doctor:

Twelfth Doctor:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well I would never get so pissy about a few pixels on the cover pic on my phone's screen, but not gonna lie if BF used the newest theme instead of the appropriate one for each Doctor...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

This is really well done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbxMg6i0cmQ

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

No, make me the showrunner and I'll bring back the Raston Warrior Robot.

As played by Katy Manning. :colbert:

"Go on..."

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Following the C.Bakes regent video up there, YouTube suggested this McGann/Hurt one I hadn’t seen before. A little rough around the edges, but good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tr4EIeqfdY

"OK this is kinda coo--OH poo poo THE END!"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

IO9 has a nice write up on Big Finish for newbies in The Year of No TV Who:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/there-has-never-been-a-better-time-to-start-listening-t-1831936544

And in the comments, the hottest of hot takes:

quote:

wl;akj
James Whitbrook
1/23/19 6:37pm
No thanks. Sorry but why should I care about this? It’s about a stuck up white manexplainer who needs to fill in his hapless badly written female damsel character. Nevermind how stupid the stories are. Where’s the message, where’s the explanation of the truth? All they have are dump and pointless “monsters” (if you are being exceptionally generous) turn up while the Doctor waves a magic wand and stops them. So glad this new direction is finally getting rid of this malarkey or reinventing it to be so much better than anything in the past could ever hope to match. Maybe when a good doctor (ie the 13th, ie the only good one) shows up in the audios maybe then they might be good and interesting.

And I’m surprised and ashamed of you for pushing this thing, io9. Yeah just keep shoving those bland and unremarkable white guy heroes when you have so much better stuff to rewatch now.

I can't even tell what's real and what's parody anymore. :allears:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

I think the premiere had some pretty good cinematography too.

:agreed:

Like in the first 5 minutes I was like "oh poo poo, this looks like a movie!"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"Owns all of the New Adventures but has never read one."

:colbert: Well that's no fan.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Mameluke posted:

I'm surprised that nobody's ever tried to do a Cybermen story where becoming emotionless metalmen really is the best option for the Telosians/Mondasians/people.

They kinda did this with the last one, but as seems to be de riguer nowadays, they were accomplices to The Master/Missy.

A lot of times people don't seem to know what to do with the Cybermen. :shrug:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

NOT PICTURED: Bradley Walsh, at the craft services table

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"E-JAC-U-LATE! E-JAC-U-LATE!"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

No not the Mueller Probe.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"Ha ha, yeah right 73 ro-"

quote:

Guard / Technician / Cyberman / ...
- Attack of the Cybermen: Part Two (1985) ... Cyberman (uncredited)
- Attack of the Cybermen: Part One (1985) ... Slave Worker (uncredited)
- The Caves of Androzani: Part One (1984) ... Soldier (uncredited)
- Enlightenment: Part Two (1983) ... Grogan (uncredited)
- Enlightenment: Part One (1983) ... Grogan (uncredited)
- The Keeper of Traken: Part One (1981) ... Foster (uncredited)
- Warriors' Gate: Part Three (1981) ... Gundan (uncredited)
- Warriors' Gate: Part Two (1981) ... Gundan (uncredited)
- City of Death: Part One (1979) ... Thug (uncredited)
- The Armageddon Factor: Part Six (1979) ... Pilot (uncredited)
- The Armageddon Factor: Part Four (1979) ... Pilot
- The Armageddon Factor: Part Three (1979) ... Pilot
- The Ribos Operation: Part Four (1978) ... Kro (uncredited)
- The Ribos Operation: Part Three (1978) ... Kro (uncredited)
- The Invisible Enemy: Part Four (1977) ... A Medic
- The Invisible Enemy: Part Three (1977) ... A Medic
- The Invisible Enemy: Part Two (1977) ... Medic (uncredited)
- The Deadly Assassin: Part Two (1976) ... Chancellary Guard (uncredited)
- The Deadly Assassin: Part One (1976) ... Chancellory Guard (uncredited)
- The Masque of Mandragora: Part Four (1976) ... Brother (uncredited)
- The Masque of Mandragora: Part Three (1976) ... Brother (uncredited)
- The Masque of Mandragora: Part Two (1976) ... Brother (uncredited)
- The Masque of Mandragora: Part One (1976) ... Soldier
- The Seeds of Doom: Part Five (1976) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Seeds of Doom: Part Four (1976) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Seeds of Doom: Part Three (1976) ... Guard (uncredited)
- Revenge of the Cybermen: Part One (1975) ... Cyberman / Dead Crewman (uncredited)
- Genesis of the Daleks: Part Two (1975) ... Thal Soldier
- Robot: Part One (1974) ... Gate Guard (uncredited)
- Planet of the Spiders: Part Two (1974) ... Soldier
- The Monster of Peladon: Part Six (1974) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Monster of Peladon: Part Three (1974) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Monster of Peladon: Part One (1974) ... Guard (uncredited)
- Invasion of the Dinosaurs: Part Two (1974) ... UNIT Corporal
- The Green Death: Episode Six (1973) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Green Death: Episode Five (1973) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Green Death: Episode Four (1973) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Green Death: Episode One (1973) ... Global Chemicals Guard / 'Nuthatch' Resident (uncredited)
- Frontier in Space: Episode Six (1973) ... Sea Devil (uncredited)
- Frontier in Space: Episode Two (1973) ... Presidential Guard (uncredited)
- Frontier in Space: Episode One (1973) ... Earth Guard (uncredited)
- The Three Doctors: Episode One (1972) ... UNIT Soldier (uncredited)
- The Sea Devils: Episode Six (1972) ... Sea Devil
- The Sea Devils: Episode Five (1972) ... Sea Devil
- The Sea Devils: Episode Four (1972) ... Sea Devil
- The Sea Devils: Episode Two (1972) ... Sea Devil
- The Sea Devils: Episode One (1972) ... Sea Devil
- Day of the Daleks: Episode Four (1972) ... Film Cameraman (uncredited)
- Day of the Daleks: Episode Three (1972) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Dæmons: Episode Five (1971) ... Coven Member (uncredited)
- The Dæmons: Episode Four (1971) ... Coven Member (uncredited)
- Colony in Space: Episode Six (1971) ... Primitive
- Colony in Space: Episode Five (1971) ... Colonist
- Colony in Space: Episode Four (1971) ... Primitive
- Colony in Space: Episode Three (1971) ... Long
- Colony in Space: Episode Two (1971) ... Primitive and Voice
- Colony in Space: Episode One (1971) ... Primitive and Voice
- Terror of the Autons: Episode Four (1971) ... Auton Leader
- Terror of the Autons: Episode Three (1971) ... Auton Leader
- Inferno: Episode 6 (1970) ... Primord
- Inferno: Episode 5 (1970) ... Primord
- The Ambassadors of Death: Episode 3 (1970) ... Technician (uncredited)
- The Ambassadors of Death: Episode 1 (1970) ... Technician (uncredited)
- Doctor Who and the Silurians: Episode 7 (1970) ... Silurian Scientist
- Doctor Who and the Silurians: Episode 6 (1970) ... Silurian Scientist
- Doctor Who and the Silurians: Episode 5 (1970) ... Silurian Scientist
- Doctor Who and the Silurians: Episode 4 (1970) ... Silurian
- Doctor Who and the Silurians: Episode 3 (1970) ... Silurian
- Doctor Who and the Silurians: Episode 2 (1970) ... Silurian
- The War Games: Episode Two (1969) ... Military Policeman
- The Seeds of Death: Episode Five (1969) ... Technician (uncredited)
- The Seeds of Death: Episode Four (1969) ... Technician (uncredited)
- The Seeds of Death: Episode Three (1969) ... Technician (uncredited)
- The Seeds of Death: Episode Two (1969) ... Technician (uncredited)
- The Seeds of Death: Episode One (1969) ... Technician (uncredited)
- The Invasion: Episode Eight (1968) ... Cyberman
- The Invasion: Episode Seven (1968) ... Cyberman
- The Invasion: Episode Six (1968) ... Cyberman
- The Invasion: Episode Four (1968) ... Cyberman
- The Enemy of the World: Episode 4 (1968) ... Guard (uncredited)
- The Abominable Snowmen: Episode Six (1967) ... Monk (uncredited)
- The Abominable Snowmen: Episode Five (1967) ... Monk (uncredited)
- The Abominable Snowmen: Episode Four (1967) ... Monk (uncredited)
- The Abominable Snowmen: Episode Three (1967) ... Monk (uncredited)
- The Abominable Snowmen: Episode Two (1967) ... Monk (uncredited)
- The Abominable Snowmen: Episode 1 (1967) ... Monk (uncredited)
- The War Machines: Episode 3 (1966) ... Worker (uncredited)
- The Sea Beggar (1966) ... Guard (uncredited)
- Horse of Destruction (1965) ... Greek Soldier (uncredited)
- Death of a Spy (1965) ... Greek Soldier (uncredited)
- Temple of Secrets (1965) ... Greek Soldier (uncredited)
- Mission to the Unknown (1965) ... Planetarian (uncredited)
- Day of Reckoning (1964) ... Rebel (uncredited)
- The Daleks (1964) ... Rebel (uncredited)
- World's End (1964) ... Freedom Fighter (uncredited)

:stare:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I've only ever heard of this, but it's Doctor Who as gently caress. Literally:

quote:

Adam Adamant Lives! has been called by modern observers "what Doctor Who did next",[3] because at least three Doctor Who alumni had key positions on the pilot. Most obviously, it reunited producer Verity Lambert with Head of Television Drama Sydney Newman. Together they had been at the core of decision-makers who launched Doctor Who. But the series also brought Donald Cotton, who had the same year written two serials for Doctor Who, back into Newman's orbit. Cotton and partner Richard Harris would write the first script, "A Vintage Year for Scoundrels", and would thus come to be credited as co-creators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOm5dlgQaVk
The 1902 scenes are so earnest it comes across as almost an Austin Powers style parody, very camp and on the nose (though the scenes of him being overwhelmed by the future are among the most effective and believable I've ever seen in the genre). Watching a bit of later episodes the hero has that sort of Barnabas Collins "gentleman in the future swagger" and it's also very shades of Jago and Litefoot Series 5. In an alternate timeline, it would have been interesting for it to have run for 10 years and had a modern deconstructing of it--especially when you consider The Prisoner was already deconstructing the swashbuckingly swinging spy archetype at the same time (his voice and cadence sounds a lot like MacGoohan too). Would be interesting to see what BF could make of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOm5dlgQaVk&t=1140s
"Who is your Grandfather, Child?"--yep, Doctor Who as gently caress. :getin:

"Sam Jones"

Also yeah Tennant could nail this, even in live action...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Aww, that's sad. It's one of my personal favourites. :smith:

I'm unhappy you're sad...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

Like... does she have to eat or drink? Does she age? Is she going to live in that cement block for eternity? Did the Doctor save her out of rage because she was related to the Family of Blood?

quote:

He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing. The fury of the Time Lord. And then we discovered why. Why this Doctor who had fought with gods and demons, why he’d run away from us and hidden. He was being kind.

He wrapped my father in unbreakable chains, forged in the heart of a dwarf star.

He tricked my mother into the event horizon of a collapsing galaxy, to be imprisoned there forever. He still visits my sister— once a year, every year. I wonder if one day he might forgive her. But there she is! Can you see her? He trapped her inside a mirror. Every mirror. If ever you look at your reflection and see something move behind you—just for a second—that’s her. That’s always her.

As for me, I was suspended in time. And the Doctor put me to work standing over the fields of England, as their protector.

Oh, and there was our 3rd cousin. He saved her, only to live an eternity as a sentient fellating pavi--you know, the less said about her the better. Anyway, we wanted to live forever. So the Doctor made sure that we did.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So does that make him the only legitimate doctor Doctor?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The Torchwood vs UNIT story where Jack thinks 3 is his Doctor then realizes he isn't and has to avoid loving up causality in the 70s/80s has been a decade in the making and would be an Instabuy for me. :allears:

The other one I want to see (hear) is when Jack finally gets around to Me. :quagmire:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

That's like 20 Peter Haining books of material!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Katarina's back, and the First and Second Doctors meet!:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/katarina-returns

On the down side, it looks like there's only 2 Early Adventures this year.

What is particularly cool is that they got the best "stand ins" for One and Two--Peter and Frasier--to be in this episode! :dance:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Box of Bunnies posted:

Welp. Switching to straight currency conversion is going to make things cost 1.75x what they currently have been for me. A set I'dve bought in the past for $20, using today's exchange rate for example, will cost $36.96AUD going forward.

I understand why they're doing this, but that kind of increase is going to scale back what I would buy considerably if I wasn't already iffy towards them over the James Dreyfus stuff.

1.31x in the US. I always thought $12.99 or $20 was fair; when that goes to $17 or $26 it's a bit much. $40 for a season of Jago and Litefoot? Really?

It's not like the exchange rate means suddenly you are making more or less salary, so why should I suddenly have to pay more? A guy in the UK who made £50k a year 5 years ago and was paying £12.99 for an audio is paying the same portion of their salary now as they were then. If I made $50k a year 5 years ago and was paying $12.99 for an audio I now have to pay $17. It's not like I was reaping some big benefit over the other guy.When the US Dollar went up I didn't take a pay cut.

It's not going to increase their UK sales; people won't say "Finally, now the pricing is fair, I'll buy more!" What will happen is they'll sell less titles to international buyers, but maybe non-UK sales are such a small portion they can lose us?

A real shame. I have spent thousands on Big Finish and this is how they feel about my business? :(

edit: LOL on the Not The Big Finish Forum some guy pointed out this is DOUBLING prices for Canadians.

http://notthebigfinishforum.freeforums.net/thread/5367/important-information-customers-overseas

:suicide:

Astroman fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 22, 2019

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Straight up lava lamps there. That seems lazy, but ok.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

And of course when this pricing thing happens, they announce cool poo poo like this:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/seventh-doctor-and-mags1

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

True, but at least they didn't order the prop from the Sharper Image catalog...

Like when I watched Remembrance in 89, as awesome as the rest of the episode was, that static globe made me cringe.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

What are you talking about, Davros?

Actually, I think it would be:

"WHAT ARE YOU TALK-ING ABOUT, DAV-ROS?!!"

Vinylshadow posted:

We've got a trailer for The Macra Terror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0q5sQ6MyjQ

Was Polly always that tall? :drat:

I'd be down with seeing some BF Companion Chronicles animated in this style.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJEzf-ehlI

:tviv:

Dunno if I missed something in December, but I don't ever recall having heard of these guys. I've never seen so much colorized footage in one place, even the Babelcolour stuff wasn't this extensive!

We're like 5 years away from fans being able to colorize the entire 1st and 2nd Doctor runs on their own, even if the BBC won't do it.

I mean, seriously, LOOK AT THIS:

:swoon:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

SiKboy posted:

Colourising movies/TV shows which were shot for black and white has never been, and will never be, a good idea.

Well to each their own. You can still enjoy the black and white versions if you choose. I think this footage looks great. It's not like they just had grey costumes--even if it was shot in black and white they still spent time choosing color props and costumes and it's cool to see those, especially on stuff like Marco Polo where we have color reference stills.

Also like it or not, some fans just cannot get into the black and white versions and this will make early stories more accessible to them.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

jivjov posted:

PSA: we get two more months before the Big Finish international pricing changes

quote:

Ahead of the launch of our new website tomorrow, we have an important update on international download pricing.

Big Finish made the decision some time ago that, with the introduction of the new website, we would review the continuation of the policy of charging download purchasers outside the UK on a 1:1 ratio between currencies.

When downloads first started, they were a very small part of sales. Now downloads are over 50% of our sales and the disparity in prices for downloads is more relevant.

As many of you will know, CD prices on most ranges have not increased since 2004 and download prices on most ranges have not changed since their introduction in 2006. In the meantime, compound inflation between 2006 and 2019 is 43.5%.

We had proposed moving download charging for those outside the UK to a rate based on the exchange rate for sterling from Monday 1st April 2019.

However, having received feedback from supporters of Big Finish outside the UK, we feel a further review is required and it has been decided to not make any movement away from 1:1 pricing for a further two months.

At this time, I would also like to apologise for not giving enough notice of the decision to make this change. There were a number of internal delays which meant that the original statement about the introduction of exchange rate pricing for downloads did not go up on the site when it should have done.

Jason Haigh-Ellery

Good. I will actually buy a few more now that I have some time.

If they are bent on still doing this, then maybe they would consider lowering the cost of older audios sooner. That might make a good compromise--all international customers pay more, but everyone gets a price break on older stuff--moreso than the 1st 100 Main Range.

Cerv posted:

is it healthy to indulge such immaturity?
or is this tendency like when home TVs were 4:3 and some people "couldn't get into" watching a movie that wasn't cropped to gently caress

Well again, it's not like the original versions won't be available for purists. Getting more New Series fans to watch, say, some Troughton and maybe buy more Big Finish with Frazer and Anneke and Wendy is not a bad thing.

I mean you can say "well they should just have better taste" but that won't get them to watch.

You could also make the argument that when Big Finish does stories with Doctors 1-7 set in eras past when they were filmed but with realistic and accurate settings (ie One, Susan, Ian and Barbara visiting our 2006 and referencing modern events and technology) is somehow impure. Or when those audios have them visiting vast places the tv budget never could have pulled off.

And for me, it's an interesting new look at episode I've seen before. I watched every black and white episode available multiple times. I would gladly rewatch them all in color.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

totally not Peter Capaldi posted:

I would like a version of Twice Upon a Time re-edited into 4:3 black & white with 25-minute episodes.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Big Finish's redesigned website is now up and running!

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but sitting in a parking lot before a long road trip trying to find a couple audios I was looking for with a new interface was not ideal.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

you should re-examine that - examine why the same egotism and confidence and flaws that have characterized Doctors for years were unacceptable coming from Clara.

Why are you automatically seeing misogyny here when he didn't even say why he found her insufferable?

I didn't like her in the beginning not because she was a "strong female" but because at first her whole characterizaton was a Mystery Box Impossible Girl who was like the Serpentor of Companions--distilled to be the Perfect Doctor Who Companion who literally saved every Doctor 1000 times.

Once they dropped that she was much better and I ended up liking her. She also performed a great Sarah Jane role of being a fairly long term companion across two regenerations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Should've had a different Clara for each ep, and as the eps progress the version in that ep begins to remember more and more about the Doctor because of his interactions with her other selves.

Kind of like Scaroth and his splinters in City of Death.

This would have been the bomb. Although I imagine in a few years there will be upteenzillion Clara box sets for BF exploring the many, many lives of Clara with every Doctor so we'll see something like that.

One interesting counterpoint to Clara is River. Now River is basically the same thing as Clara--an Ur-Companion created solely to love (and kill) the Doctor. But the thing is she was never introduced that way--we instead saw her at the end of her time with the Doctor, "older" and wiser than him, competent at both her profession and in being a time travelling adventurer. She seemed to have a full life and personality, and the mystery box stuff was only brought in later.

Of course the offscreen explanation is that (most likely but not definitely) Moffat had no idea who she was going to be, that there would be companions who bang in the TARDIS and have a time babby with a Time Head and that he would be showrunner and be able to do all that. But I say not definitely because this is a guy who wrote a story about the Doctor in a giant library like 20 years ago and probably had most of his "if I was in charge" poo poo mapped out since the 90s...

Still though, it works out much better that River's Super Specialness wasn't laid out til later.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

Because when there's an incredibly online, incredibly toxic, and incredibly vocal contingent of nerds warring for control of every genre fiction franchise, it's kind of on you to explain how you're not one of them rather than on everybody else to expect that nobody is.

I don't like it either, but if somebody tells me they hate the new Star Wars movies and forty-nine times out of fifty when you let them talk long enough, they basically just hate that women and black people have agency in genre fiction now, I kind of have to assume the fiftieth person doesn't have any legitimate points to make until they say what they are.

Of course there's also the problem with online, that even if someone says they aren't coming at it from a view of hating women and black people having agency, people still won't believe them and will try to assume "they're lying, I know in their heart they are a shitlord" and disregard everything they say. If you want to see sexism, racism, etc everywhere, you're going to see it. :shrug:

Chokes McGee posted:

what all of them

all of them

beevers, ainley, and delgado too

I don't think it's any other than the 4 listed. But on that topic, they've just about come out and said in The Two Masters and the River story that Beevers IS the Delgado Master after being injured and unable to regenerate; and in the interviews on the River one Beevers says he's pretty much playing him that way. I could see Beevers being able to pull off a convincing Delgado if he just changed his cadence to be a bit more suave, confident and less sepulchral, and I would love to see him playing a full on uninjured Delgado Master in something with Tim Treloar.

I also see that even the Dark Shadows line has become more amenable to recasting dead actors because they are bringing back Julia Hoffman with Julie Newmar (yes, Catwoman!) playing the part. Hopefully they can get someone to convincingly play Original Barnabus, Professor Stokes, Roger, and Elizabeth and really do some old school stories.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

SecretOfSteel posted:

I really loved his transition in Utopia when he went from bumbling, cranking, sadly out-of-time but very well meaning scientist to full-on master, had that nice level of unsettling to it. It actually makes me think of Graham in the last episode of the previous season at the beginning where they find out Tim is on the planet. He has that subtle shift too in his manner that felt unsettling. Would have been great if they'd left it like that, but being Season 11 they had to pause the story and have an explicit conversation about how Graham was feeling and what he was planning to do next. The script got in the way of the acting too much in Season 11.

And thankfully that wasn't all we got. He's killing it in the audios!

Daleks! Castles! Roller Skates! :getin:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

That is rad as hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FiT5U1rWmo

"SIR, YOU ARE CLEARLY UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS!"