Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Dabir posted:

not everyone is aware of the same things you are

People who are aware of things posted on GallifreyBase enough to be annoyed by them probably should be aware of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Senor Tron posted:

Have they ever done the idea of a show about the Doctor existing somewhere in universe? Like Stargate did with Wormhole Xtreme?

The TV show Doctor Who canonically exists in Doctor Who (Remembrance of the Daleks, In the Forest of the Night).

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't know this and now I feel dirty, ugh.

It's a mashup of the Doctor Who theme and, primarily, Rock n Roll part 2 by Gary Glitter. He wasn't actually involved in making it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Narsham posted:

That tweet reminds me of how I felt when the story got out that Karl Rove loved Babylon 5.=

Babylon 5, as much as I love it, still has a hardon for the Great Man theory of history and military intervention solving problems. It's got a much easier far right read than, say, TNG - although that still happens.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Narsham posted:

True, although sustaining that reading requires ignoring or skipping almost all of Season 5.

The Telepath arc has the easy interpretation of "never help refugees they will just become terrorists"

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

My housemate, a guy my housemate went to school with, and I are currently going through the original run in a random order. After a month we're four stories in, which have been: The Mark of the Rani, The Ice Warriors, Underworld and The Monster of Peladon. Next up is Vengeance on Varos.

This is not what I'd call a representative run, Ice Warriors and potentially (according to some who may call it a classic) Varos aside.

Monster, which we watched two days ago, is just so interminably dull that even it being a metaphor for, among other things, Britain's relationship with the EU didn't save it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

I dunno, wasn't RTD famous for being overworked, hence the David Tennant sketch where he plays RTD as an overwrought chainsmoker?

RTD was an almighty procrastinator as well as taking a lot on himself, which made for a lot of very rushed output.

Vinylshadow posted:

Main issue with 13's TARDIS is just the lighting and framing

Hopefully it gets homier as the series progress

That's quite the second sentence in some fonts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

CobiWann posted:

How can anyone hate Delta and the Bannermen?!?

Very easily