Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Hello wrestling fans and car crash enthusiasts, welcome to the Homecoming thread - please make yourselves comfortable and join us for the first (final?) IMPACT Wrestling PPV of the year.

That's right, we're back where it all began: Nashville, baby! Here's the card:

World Championship Match:
Johnny Impact (c) vs Brian Cage

During the Impact tapings in Las Vegas, "The Machine" announced that he is exercising "Option C" and will relinquish the X-Division Title in an attempt to capture the World Championship from Johnny Impact. Was "Option Cage" the right move (gently caress yes)? Or should we just rename Johnny to Johnny Undefeated (nah)?

Knockouts Championship Match:
Tessa Blanchard (c) vs Taya Valkyrie
(w/ Gail Kim as the Special Guest Referee)

It is the third encounter between the top two Knockouts on IMPACT Wrestling. Tessa Blanchard defends her title against Taya Valkyrie and this time Taya seems to be ready for any antics Tessa brings to the match. At Bound For Glory it was a ref out of position, in the rematch it was Tessa blasting that same ref - will Gail Kim as the special ref be enough to settle this score once and for all?

Ultimate X Match for the vacant X-Division Championship:
Jake Crist vs Ethan Page vs Rich Swann vs Trey Miguel

After Cage announced that he has his sights set on the World Championship, four men qualified for the Ultimate X match and now they will put their well-being on the line trying to claim the X-Division Championship as their own. Will the remaining oVe members help "The Mini-draw" Jake Crist reach the top? Does Trey even realize what he's getting himself into after smoking the devil's lettuce with his Rascalz buddies? Is Rich ready to go all night long (or until the time limit)? Can Ethan observe all three of his opponents with his three eyes? Will the belt be properly fastened?

World Tag Team Championship Match:
LAX vs Lucha Bros

Yo, it's LAX VS LUCHA BROS, loving watch this match.

Monsters Ball Match:
Eli Drake vs Abyss

The Ball returns to Nashville and it is fit for a Monster! Abyss has invited Eli Drake to the Monsters Ball and it all goes down at Homecoming. Fitting for Abyss who spent years punishing poor souls in the Asylum to return in 2019 to face Eli Drake one on one! Eli's a jerk who doesn't like chairs, thumbtacks, barbed-wire and other tools of daily use - neither Tommy Dreamer nor Raven were able to set him back on the righteous path, so now it's time for Abyss to step in... Also, Drake did attack Joseph Park, so there might be some bad blood? Idk.

Falls Count Anywhere Match:
Moose vs Eddie Edwards

All right, this is your "inmates running the asylum" match, as crazy Eddie is taking on Moose in what is sure to be hard hitting brawl - dem boys don't like each other much, and it's best if everybody just lets them do their thing.

Sami Callihan vs Willie Mack

Speaking of people who don't like each other. There's been bad blood between Sami & Willie ever since Mack stepped into an Impact ring. It all came crashing down during the crazy 10-man tag on the last show before Homecoming and now we've got this match out of it. All hail Chocolate Thunder.

Allie & Su Yung vs Kiera Hogan & Jordynne Grace

The Bunny is now firmly on the dark side, alligning herself with the Undead Bride herself. Kiera tried as hard as she could, but she was unable to save Allie and all she got for her effort was a beat down on the go-home show. That is until Jordynne Grace ran down and cleaned house. Didn't take the powers to be long to make this team up official, so now the only question remaining is if Team Thicc is able to fight off the evil forces of Allie & Su... Also there's still the looming return of the Demon Assassin - could Homecoming be the stage that Rosemary chooses to stage her comeback?

There you have it - a fun card with a little bit of everything - considering the new regime's track record this should be a really fun show to watch. Join us (me) this Sunday and watch on PPV, Fite.tv, or however else you do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That LAX-Lucha Bros match is going to be insane

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lucha bros/lax should probably headline.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

STONE COLD 64 posted:

lucha bros/lax should probably headline.

Maybe, but this video made the Cage / Morrison match-up just that little bit more interesting imho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92zq3iEQKZw

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ultimate X time! Also it seems Trey Miguel lost his last name.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
This whole thing seems like a bad idea.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Writer Cath posted:

This whole thing seems like a bad idea.

That applies to most wrestling :v:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Pinwiz11 posted:

That applies to most wrestling :v:

I meant the spot where they were all hanging from the X wires. Looked like the whole structure was going to cave.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Johnny Mundo slowly becoming jacked Al Jourgensen, that's all that need be and should be said about this ppv

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was a fun match. Ethan Page sucks though.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That was really good but needed more time

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was a fun match. Ethan Page sucks though.

Agreed on both counts. I legitimately don't get what, if anything, people like about Page.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Team Thicc, baby!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Agreed on both counts. I legitimately don't get what, if anything, people like about Page.

He's a nice dude outside the ring.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ve never met him, so maybe he’s nice, but does he still constantly name search and act butthurt about tweets?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

J-Ro posted:

Ultimate X time! Also it seems Trey Miguel lost his last name.

From what I could tell from Impact all the Rascals(z?) only got called "Dez, Trey, and Wentz".

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They need to do all their shows from here

Crowd is dope

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Thicc Mama Pump is good. And strong

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Thicc Mama Pump is good. And strong

Hell yes!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
JESUS CHRIST

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is what Ambrose-Rollins should’ve been

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I was all set to be annoyed at how in order to (I guess?) protect Jordynne Grace they had her take a bump outside and sleep through the finish, and the after match beatdown, and the emergence of the Demon Brides, and the attempt to turn Kiera into a demon, and Rosemary fighting off like seven people at once because what screams being protected and kept strong by being unconscious and unable to assist your tag team partner for like ten minutes but then I remembered she got demon mist in her face and I'm willing to accept demon mist is a very powerful sedative.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

holy poo poo this match

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

this is loving wild

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

yessssssssssssssssssssss

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That ruled

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you like josh matthews.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Cavauro posted:

he's a bitch, commentary wise he's slightly better than Striker.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was how you do a bitter blood feud ender

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cavauro posted:

as a human being - gently caress him

as a commentator - passable

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Willie is fuckin' awesome.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
HOLY gently caress

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

JESUS ABYSS STOP THAT

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Eli might be dead

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Cavauro posted:

He's never stopped being an unlikeable dweeb rear end in a top hat Jock.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I want Abyss to win because his theme is dope also jesus christ that ref spot

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Oh no, not Kid Ref!

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

LOL

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009